Bent Over DB Rows friendly competition / bragging rights thread.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
TG we bow at your presence!!! Simply amazing!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy Crap!!!!!!!:jaw:
TG is a damn monster!
TG we bow at your presence!!! Simply amazing!
It's not that big of a deal really. Pulling exercises have always been my specialty. Back and biceps are ridiculously strong.
In the past I always worked up to a 150 lb DB for 10 reps on 1 arm rows. But since pushing myself with this competition, there's no way I'm dropping below 180 lbs. for 12 reps again. I know how possible it all is now. And my faith is growing everyday!!:box:

We are capable of much more than we give ourselves credit for. :yup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Versa Gripps to the rescue. ha ha

These bad boys live up to all the hype. Once you're strapped on, you're locked and ready to go all-out. There's no way your grip is coming loose.

1 Arm Bentover DB Rows---210 X 10. A lifetime PR!!

I was actually thinking I would fail at around rep 7 or so. But I'm a Berzerker.......not a bitch!! :twisted:

The weight never touched the ground between rep 1 all the way through rep 10 either. No sitting it down and doing rest-pauses.

The only limitations are the ones we set for ourselves either consciously or subconsciously.

ACCEPT NO LIMITATIONS WARRIORS!!

Fanfuggingtastic! That is awesome stuff right there. Mountains of motivation in this one post. An Awesome TG feat of strength and then an awesome pep talk from the Thunderous one, good day for this log! I think I recognize this statement it is a hell of a mantra to get you through eh... I tell myself that now ever since it came to me to get done with a set or workout that is giving me a hard time. Don't be a bitch be a BERZERKER!!!!
It's not that big of a deal really. Pulling exercises have always been my specialty. Back and biceps are ridiculously strong.
In the past I always worked up to a 150 lb DB for 10 reps on 1 arm rows. But since pushing myself with this competition, there's no way I'm dropping below 180 lbs. for 12 reps again. I know how possible it all is now. And my faith is growing everyday!!:box:

We are capable of much more than we give ourselves credit for. :yup:
This last paragraph or so here is why I started making these challenges. I knew some of us always worked hard and with high intensity, but still need that extra something to make us dig even a little deeper, the drive to want to test out the "what if's" and "I wonder if I could... " So far I have seen a lot of people really bringing up the weight in some nice lifts that will help them out with good goals. Just look at Votum who wasn't doing too much now he is repping 115 for 8 reps I think that is a 25 lb increase for reps since the beginning. it is awesome to see people killing it over and over again.

Drive hard, AWESOME 140x12 at 190 lbs you are a beast!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
thunder i told you those versas were the way to go huh??? ;)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thunder i told you those versas were the way to go huh??? ;)
One product that's actually better than the hype. I wished I had bought some long ago. They've been around for a long time. They use to be called Power Grips. Some people on other forums claim to have used the same pair for 5 to 10 years. I hope mine hold up that well. But I'm pretty rough on accessories. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I can't wait the wife goes back to work next week and then one paycheck later the spending freeze will be over and I can order mine.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One product that's actually better than the hype. I wished I had bought some long ago. They've been around for a long time. They use to be called Power Grips. Some people on other forums claim to have used the same pair for 5 to 10 years. I hope mine hold up that well. But I'm pretty rough on accessories. LOL
I've owned them for at least 5 years, maybe up to 7. I've had the same pair and the only "damage" is that they look duller, like a pair of used equipment should look, but I've not had to replace them and don't see any signs of a need to in the near or distant future. No rips, signs of rips, no flailing material, nothing.

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
Versa Gripps to the rescue. ha ha

These bad boys live up to all the hype. Once you're strapped on, you're locked and ready to go all-out. There's no way your grip is coming loose.

1 Arm Bentover DB Rows---210 X 10. A lifetime PR!!

I was actually thinking I would fail at around rep 7 or so. But I'm a Berzerker.......not a bitch!! :twisted:

The weight never touched the ground between rep 1 all the way through rep 10 either. No sitting it down and doing rest-pauses.

The only limitations are the ones we set for ourselves either consciously or subconsciously.

ACCEPT NO LIMITATIONS WARRIORS!!
D@MN!! Nice work!!!!

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Today's work on one arm bent over DB row

120 x 8 reps
140 x 14 reps - for some reason my left arm was easier, but I am right handed
140 x 7 reps...man I was toasted.