Bent Over DB Rows friendly competition / bragging rights thread.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay I got some numbers to go back and record. I am basically out of this contest all together guys. My shoulder is not happy with me at all but I will come in here shortly and rack up the numbers. Beast, that was an impressive lift with the 200, but I would have honestly like to have seen more ROM. Maybe it was just the way the video was shot. Awesome feat of strength regardless. You Sir are a beast!

By the way got my PCT log up here
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/161080-kleen-pct-plan.html#post2585909

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VOTUM.
These competition/bragging rights threads have been good for you. You have upped your weights considerably. This is what these threads are for. To help motivate and drive us to up our game.

Very, very good my Viking brother. :yup::clap2:

Wade into the slaughter and slay those weights!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish we had a deadlift competition. 70 pounds probably would have gotten me the win.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish we had a deadlift competition. 70 pounds probably would have gotten me the win.
Yeah. But that's about as fair as me wishing we had a barbell curl competition.

Which I would rule, by the way.:icon_lol:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. But that's about as fair as me wishing we had a barbell curl competition.

Which I would rule, by the way.:icon_lol:
Ya nobody deadlifts. Although I did talk to this taller high school today who my workout partner and I helped corrected his form on deadlift. Told me he got 405 for 6 reps I think. So there is hope for future generations lol.

Haha ya I wouldnt even open that thread. My biceps are down right pitiful lol.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya nobody deadlifts. Although I did talk to this taller high school today who my workout partner and I helped corrected his form on deadlift. Told me he got 405 for 6 reps I think. So there is hope for future generations lol.
True. I haven't perfomed conventional deadlifts for quite a few years now. But I did SLDL's last week with 415 X 10. Not too shabby for an old guy. Lower back has always been strong.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True. I haven't perfomed conventional deadlifts for quite a few years now. But I did SLDL's last week with 415 X 10. Not too shabby for an old guy. Lower back has always been strong.
Damn homie thats some good weight. The last time I did SLDL in this cycle(fairly early on like the 2nd week or so) I did 405*8 while standing on 3 45 pound plates. Sounds like u have a hell of a core like me.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn homie thats some good weight. The last time I did SLDL in this cycle(fairly early on like the 2nd week or so) I did 405*8 while standing on 3 45 pound plates. Sounds like u have a hell of a core like me.
I've always joked that All-Father gave me a weak mind, but a strong back.

I didn't do them off plates or a bench. Just from the floor. My long arms compensate for the stetch. :biglaugh:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always joked that All-Father gave me a weak mind, but a strong back.

I didn't do them off plates or a bench. Just from the floor. My long arms compensate for the stetch. :biglaugh:
Haha better than nothing if u ask me. Atleast he didnt name u Sue and high tail it(I hope u get this reference).

Haha I have T-Rex arms. I can KILL my bench ROM.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh the dead lifting contest is yet to come. As far as a biceps curl see Tom that IS the exact one you would want to get in on. We are just trying to use a competitive spirit to improve on ourselves what better contest for you than to push a weak spot the hardest you ever have for a couple months? I wish I could have another go at this one I KNOW I had 5 at 150 if I had progressed more quickly. Maybe if my shoulder heals up just before the end of this one.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh the dead lifting contest is yet to come. As far as a biceps curl see Tom that IS the exact one you would want to get in on. We are just trying to use a competitive spirit to improve on ourselves what better contest for you than to push a weak spot the hardest you ever have for a couple months? I wish I could have another go at this one I KNOW I had 5 at 150 if I had progressed more quickly. Maybe if my shoulder heals up just before the end of this one.
Def give me a forewarning before the start of the deadlift contest. I will have to make sure my powerlifting/strongman workout partner is back in the US. Its a pain to deadlift like that by myself. Plus being on cycle wouldnt hurt either lol.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I'm down for a Deadlift contest... it's about time somebody gave me the motivation to crack 500+ ... Been stuck at 465x1 for a while. I keep working my way up to it and then getting stuck there. I think it may be my weight, I may just need to gain another 15-20lbs to get that strength.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man all this dead lifting talk. I am ready to hit it up. We will see what i can do tomorrow on a 3-0-1 tempo. Hopefully the shoulder holds up well.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I'd definitely be down for a deadlift competition. Been awhile since i've done them consistently but i still do them occasionally. 565 for a single was the best i've ever done.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
I'd definitely be down for a deadlift competition. Been awhile since i've done them consistently but i still do them occasionally. 565 for a single was the best i've ever done.
Agreed. They have been out of the rotation for me as well for quite a while. I did do 585 for a double at the peak. Had to have that 6th 45 on each side. That and bloody shins....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell ya more talk about deadlifts on the forum! Its ALMOST making me considering trying to max out again next Monday IF I go and get a belt.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Buahaha :D

Thanks for the kind words TG, I try, having a bunch of people way better than me (but equally confident/arrogant/whatever you want to call it) sure helps a ton!

I'm down for deadlifts, although there is no way I could even hang lol. If we did one I may make up a new routine where I DL every other day or something. Def works wonders on my back, thats for sure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys i am posting the updated list to the second update. Remember to use a post icon when putting up an entry you want me to record it is getting hard to find them. If you have multiple entries you will see all of them and see how you progressed so far.
Now everybody rep me for my hard work. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys now that GMG started the other thread don't forget abut this one... Interesting these are both back thickness exercises. I wonder how they will play together with the contests.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Buahaha :D

Thanks for the kind words TG, I try, having a bunch of people way better than me (but equally confident/arrogant/whatever you want to call it) sure helps a ton!

I'm down for deadlifts, although there is no way I could even hang lol. If we did one I may make up a new routine where I DL every other day or something. Def works wonders on my back, thats for sure.
I know i couldn't handle deadlifting every other day. Once a week is enough for me lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya even I might get sick of deadlifting that often lol.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Ya even I might get sick of deadlifting that often lol.
I'm comin for you, i just need to add about 250 lbs to my deadlift.

On topic of this thread, my DB Rows haven't increased very much at all in the past couple weeks :(

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I'm comin for you, i just need to add about 250 lbs to my deadlift.

On topic of this thread, my DB Rows haven't increased very much at all in the past couple weeks :(
try training your grip. Both in db row and deadlift this has helped me lift a lot more, just by having a firmer grip on the bar or db. I almost guarantee that you can add 10-15 lbs by having a stronger grip alone.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Okay guys now that GMG started the other thread don't forget abut this one... Interesting these are both back thickness exercises. I wonder how they will play together with the contests.
Are you kidding me? I still got work to do in here! This ain't over by a longshot. I gotta rep me some 150's!!!
:redeemerwhore:

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Had maybe one of my strongest chest sessions ever yesterday I'm ready.to make my entrance into this competition

They will be 1 arm T bars and ill do em anyway you like?

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Yesterdays workout:

115x8, 115x8, 80x10, 60x10.

I have gloves with wrist wraps built in...been using them as straps for this...ripped one pretty good...things cost 27 bucks lol. I only got 2 reps without the makeshift strap :(

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
225 x 13 t bar right arm

Inudes bad 45lb ;) weighing in at 222.4lb's

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
225 x 13 t bar right arm

Inudes bad 45lb ;) weighing in at 222.4lb's
Awesome sauce big Ed!!! I might have to give those 1 arm T-Bars a "test" spin. :drive::burnout:

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Awesome sauce big Ed!!! I might have to give those 1 arm T-Bars a "test" spin. :drive::burnout:
with the bar at an anglr from the floor i reckon it prob weighs 25-30lbs so more honest number would be 205

Ill see how many i can get with 5 plates next time :)

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Yesterdays workout:

115x8, 115x8, 80x10, 60x10.

I have gloves with wrist wraps built in...been using them as straps for this...ripped one pretty good...things cost 27 bucks lol. I only got 2 reps without the makeshift strap :(
You sure you didn't start the super DMZ already? lol

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Nope but it is coming buahahah:D They just changed me from 1600-0000 to 1900-0700...I will force them to let me workout during that though...

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Nope but it is coming buahahah:D They just changed me from 1600-0000 to 1900-0700...I will force them to let me workout during that though...
Welcome back to the **** shift i call life.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

CobbledPath

Awards
Hi there did back today and figured I'd share

One arm rows, no strap

77 x 6
88 x 6
99 x 6
104.5 x 6

I am 173 at the moment.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
with the bar at an anglr from the floor i reckon it prob weighs 25-30lbs so more honest number would be 205

Ill see how many i can get with 5 plates next time :)
I might give these a go tomorrow.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might give these a go tomorrow.
I'll have my Versa Gripps before Sunday's back workout. So I'm giving this 1 Arm DB Row competition one more go. Thinking about loading up a DB with 210 lbs. and see what I can do. :twisted:

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I'll have my Versa Gripps before Sunday's back workout. So I'm giving this 1 Arm DB Row competition one more go. Thinking about loading up a DB with 210 lbs. and see what I can do. :twisted:
You are insane

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, you could uproot oak tree roots with them dam Versas. Either the roots coming up or your arms coming off, but that grip "AIN'T GO'N NOWHERE!"

By the end of your workout, you will say "you complete me" to those wraps.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I hope mine get here soon :D They sure look saweet....doubt I can do 200 though lol...might try a 150 when they show up just to see

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
subbed for tomorrow

:madfawk:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VERSA GRIPPS RULE!!!

Versa Gripps to the rescue. ha ha

These bad boys live up to all the hype. Once you're strapped on, you're locked and ready to go all-out. There's no way your grip is coming loose.

1 Arm Bentover DB Rows---210 X 10. A lifetime PR!!

I was actually thinking I would fail at around rep 7 or so. But I'm a Berzerker.......not a bitch!! :twisted:

The weight never touched the ground between rep 1 all the way through rep 10 either. No sitting it down and doing rest-pauses.

The only limitations are the ones we set for ourselves either consciously or subconsciously.

ACCEPT NO LIMITATIONS WARRIORS!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Holy Crap!!!!!!!:jaw: