BeastMode Goes Dark, daily log with pics

BeastMode13

Awards
Just got back from a good lift, broke a couple prs. Got 405 for 6 and 475 for 1 after five sets on deadlift. I know i got more in me but get a little scared of injury at that weight. Tbar rowed six plates for 8. Lat pulled 265 for 8. Chest day tmo, hopefully rep 225 for 16 on flat

BeastMode13

Awards
Also, cycle is coming to a close fast...only 4 and a half weeks before i start my pct. Like i said, i have the clomid and letro on hand. What are your thoughts on adding a daa and cortisol control like reduce xt. good idea?

BeastMode13

Awards
Chest went well today, tried a buddies routine out to switch it up. 10 sets of 10 on flat bench and incline followed by 4 sets of peck deck, 4 sets of incline flies, and 4 sets of decline flies. Then two sets of burnouts at a steep incline on the smith with 135.

Started with 225 for 14 (didnt get the 16 :( ), then put on 315 for ****s to make sure i could still get it up. Haven't attempted that in like 6 months. Got it up for one very easily. Then proceeded with 225 for the remaining 9 sets. Got it for 13, 11, 9, 8, 8, 8, 9, 8, 7. Next came incline, burnt out at this point. Was able to get 225 for 10 last week, but this week I started with 135. sets went as follows. 135x10, 165x8, 145x10, 135x10 for the next 7 sets.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
A lot of repping!
Sometimes I like to switch it up like that but my joints can't always take it.
I wouldn't advise it all the time but it gives you a solid ass pump when you do go for the volume.

BeastMode13

Awards
Pump was great, alot of people tell me i have too much volume in my workouts but i know my muscles can take it, as long as i dont have joint pain i figure it cant hurt! Check the first pg of the thread to see what my usual routine looks like.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
You use a little more volume than me, but If I did go that high, I'd just have more rest days. Your body can't fully recover from 25-30 sets that fast. 5 days a week with that amount of volume isn't optimal for recovery for MY body, unless I'm on cycle, then it may change.

When I was doing 25-30 sets I'd have 1 training day followed by 1 rest day. I get stronger and bigger that way.

Now I'm at about 12-20 sets based on muscle groups or excercises in doing. More compound movements, less sets. More isolation, more sets.

Idk the technical name for my training style but when it comes to adding strength or size I've always done this.
Put up as much weight as I can for X amount of reps, rack the weight and count to 10, pick it up and knock out as many more reps as I can with the same weight.

When im doing that, there's no way I could get high volume workouts in, I love that ****.

BeastMode13

Awards
I hate the fact that i cant get sore and it seems like my body can always take more. I only have two rest days a week, sometimes one. I guess its not a bad thing but i feel like i can always train harder.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
I switch it up.

Let's say I do chest in reps of 10.
Next session will be 20.
Next session will be 6.

Maybe you should switch up your rep range,
high or low on various days.
I train differently if I'm at home or the gym.
If I'm home, I'm in my power rack and only have free weights. In the gym, I use machines after the free weights. It helps with variety.

If I'm not sore, I feel like i didn't eat enough or get enough rest. The more rest and food I get, the faster the soreness comes.

Your on cycle though now to, your recovery time is elevated, you may not be as sore as usual, energy will be high.

BeastMode13

Awards
Recently i have been attempting to hit a higher rep range in most of my workouts. I still like to go heavy for a few sets on my big lifts (like deadlift and tbar row for back or military press and dumbell press for shoulders). then the remainder of my workout i shooot for reps between 12 and 20. Trying to cut up and get that muscle density/hardness and vascularity while maintaining the size i worked so hard to gain. Dont want to lose size while trying to cut, thats my main concern. I do about 20 min of hiit on the stairmaster 4 times a week.

I think alot of my worries might be a mental thing, ive been constantly having other people notice my gains... "are you on man? You look the best u ever have", "ur looking huge", had a guy ask me if i competed yesterday...but despite my obvious strength increase, i feel that i dont look as good as i should ten weeks into a cycle.

BeastMode13

Awards
Im actually looking for an insane arm workout today if you have any suggestions id be glad to try em out

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
No advice for you on arms, your arms are actually pretty thick, better shape and size then mine.

I've never really been big on arms. With my pull-ups, dips, and other heavy movements they've always kept even with my body size.
I recently just added in some random arm sets as finishers, but mainly just BB curls heavy, or DB curls / Hammer curls / Concentration curls for reps.

BeastMode13

Awards
Happy w the size of my bis, just wanna cut em up a little more. I'd like to get my tris to grow, once again they are strong as hell, just not the size im lookin for. I have to say i love skull crushers, but its the one thing that bothers my joints. Aweful elbow pain every time...and yes, my form is correct.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Just up the rep count on your bi"s, should help cut them out a little better.

Skulls are my favorite for tri"s.
Close grip bench will add some size to them as we'll if your joints can take it.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Tricep push downs. Shouldn't be to hard on the elbows

BeastMode13

Awards
Floor press and skull crushes definitrly led to great improvement in my tris, my joints can really take the crushers anymore. Used compression sleeves yesterday and it seemed to help with the pain after the first few sets. Did skull crushers, rope extensions, cable extension, and vbar pushdown. Had a nice high rep day for bis complete with 21s and pyramid 7s.

Mystere3

Awards
Try this arm workout; if you can't get sore from it you can't get sore.

Bicep curl "21+". Use your ~10-15 rep max.

7 top half, 7 full, 7 bottom half, followed by full reps to failure

Skulls with whatever your ~10-15 rep max is, drop set to close grip presses.

Drop set incline hammer curls (45 degree bench) use your ~10RM, pull dumbbells 10 and 20 lb lighter.

8 full, 4 half reps, drop 10 lb, then 6 full, drop 10 lb then 8 full, 4 half reps

Weighted dip drop set: 90 lb to failure, drop to 45 lb to failure, drop to bw rl failure.

Quad giant set (use ~10 RM weight)
8 x conc curl, 8 x reverse curl, 8 x curl, 8 x cross body hammer

Close grip bench press drop set:

Start with 10 RM (for you use a 45 and two 25s) rep out, then drop a 25, rep out, then drop a 25 and rep out.

Preacher curl drop set, use plate loaded ez curl bar, start with ~10 rm weight, lift to failure, then two drop sets after dropping 20 lb each time.

Tricep pushdown drop set:
Start with ~10 RM

Push down with pulling apart to failure, then switch to pushing straight down. Then drop 40 lb and go pull apart then push down to failure, then drop 40 and do both again to failure.

Failure for arms is not being able to budge the weight (on close grip spotter is lifting most of the weight) obv be careful on cgbp and skulls.

BeastMode13

Awards
Try this arm workout; if you can't get sore from it you can't get sore.

Bicep curl "21+". Use your ~10-15 rep max.

7 top half, 7 full, 7 bottom half, followed by full reps to failure

Skulls with whatever your ~10-15 rep max is, drop set to close grip presses.

Drop set incline hammer curls (45 degree bench) use your ~10RM, pull dumbbells 10 and 20 lb lighter.

8 full, 4 half reps, drop 10 lb, then 6 full, drop 10 lb then 8 full, 4 half reps

Weighted dip drop set: 90 lb to failure, drop to 45 lb to failure, drop to bw rl failure.

Quad giant set (use ~10 RM weight)
8 x conc curl, 8 x reverse curl, 8 x curl, 8 x cross body hammer

Close grip bench press drop set:

Start with 10 RM (for you use a 45 and two 25s) rep out, then drop a 25, rep out, then drop a 25 and rep out.

Preacher curl drop set, use plate loaded ez curl bar, start with ~10 rm weight, lift to failure, then two drop sets after dropping 20 lb each time.

Tricep pushdown drop set:
Start with ~10 RM

Push down with pulling apart to failure, then switch to pushing straight down. Then drop 40 lb and go pull apart then push down to failure, then drop 40 and do both again to failure.

Failure for arms is not being able to budge the weight (on close grip spotter is lifting most of the weight) obv be careful on cgbp and skulls.
Great arm workout mystere! Did this yesterday and had a crazy pump the whole workout. I love alternating between bis and tris throughout the workout instead of destroying one body part at a time.

Wasnt sure how many sets to do for everything so i did the first half of the workout for three sets each exercise, and the second half for two sets each bc i was beat! Have to say, arms arent sore today, but the workout felt greattttt. Maybe next time ill do three sets of everything

Mystere3

Awards
Typically one set of each should be enough if you're training to complete failure (ie; can't even think about doing another rep). Alternate bi/tri as you said, and limit your rest.

Instead of doing more sets, increase the weight or reps.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
I took that advice myself. If I go in knowing I'm gunna do 5 sets, I never put in 100% per set because I know I have 3-4 sets left. You just can't give 100% truly for 20 sets.

Now 2-3 sets to max, truly maxed out.
Less sets per session, but more intensity.
My strength is climbing, better pumps, etc

BeastMode13

Awards
Last pin today, feelin beasty, deadlifted 405 for 8 new pr yet again.

PowerLifter23

PowerLifter23

Awards
Nice log man. Love how all your lists increased.

BeastMode13

Awards
Thanks man, next week im going to record all my lifts before i start pct, and post the difference between week one and week 14. Will also include pics.

PowerLifter23

PowerLifter23

Awards
Sounds good. I will be posting more often and when I decide my first cycle will probably do the same log in days.

BeastMode13

Awards
Got a quick question guys, next week i plan to attempt 500lbs on deadlift. Whats the best way to warm up to your max? How many sets/reps with what weight should i do before attempting it. Im confident i have the 500 no prob, but i would love to squeeze the 535 that the 1rm calculator says i can get.

PowerLifter23

PowerLifter23

Awards
When I used to compete if attempting 500 I would warm up with 135 X 10, 225 X 5, 315 X 3, 405 X 1, 465 X 1, then go for 500

BeastMode13

Awards
well, pct starts today :( but the results are in!

Ive been stepping on the scale weighing in between 182-185lbs. So thats a 7-10 lb gain. At first, I was disappointed, but after seeing my before and after pictures I have come to the conclusion that a dropped a decent amount of bf% and still made the gains. back double bi comparison is def where my most progress was made.

Got the 500lb deadlift by the way, got in on video too but Im not sure how to get it on here. Trying to figure that out.

bakdoublebi.jpg

BeastMode13

Awards
some notable strength increase

flat bench. Before: 225 for 9, struggled to get 10 on most days. Now: repping 225 for 15 easy
Incline DB Press: Before 80x10 Now 100x10
Deadlift: Before 315x8 Now 405x8. 500x1
Lat Pulldown: Before 175x10 Now 245x10
Seated BB Military Press: Before 185x6 Now 225x6
Seated DB Press: Before: 75x10 Now 90x10
Squat: Before 275x2 Now 315x8
skull crushers. before 70x16, now 110x20

BeastMode13

Awards
thanks peppers! going to get some more pics on the way

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Nice log bro... Solid results too.

BeastMode13

Awards
Thanks man! I also wanted to mention vascularity greaty increased. I went from have NO veins to being able to follow my shoulder vein all the way to my wrist while lifting.

BeastMode13

Awards
Acne flared up like a mother ****er today, like nasty, it was just about all gone from the cycle too. I dosed clomid at 100mg for the first three days and now im going to be running it at 50mgs for the rest of pct. Does this sound like a correct way to dose the clomid?

Anyway to prevent acne during pct?

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't run 50 straight through, I taper off just like anything.

You using an AI?

Idk about the acne, but there are products for it available, Black Lion has one.

BeastMode13

Awards
Stopped ai when i started pct. I only care about acne because i will be away on vacation in europe with the family soon and intend on having my shirt off the majority of the time haha. If they see me with a back full of acne when ive never had it before they will know somethings up

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Stopped ai when i started pct. I only care about acne because i will be away on vacation in europe with the family soon and intend on having my shirt off the majority of the time haha. If they see me with a back full of acne when ive never had it before they will know somethings up
Exfoliating scrub with salycilic acid, followed by the pimple spot treatment cream (benzoyl peroxide I believe?) ... In addition to whatever else you plan on. I stay on top t with this regiment and rarely have noticeable problems

BeastMode13

Awards
Sweet thanks bro. I tied one of my loufas to a stick so i could reach my back lmao