Bean's Training/supplementation and all things competition

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wtf I leave for a few days and you drcide to add 5 pages for me to catch up on?!? :) wotkouts look beast bud. Lookin good in here. Im thinking about running phat next as well.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Well get 'er done!
I'll try and get a video

215? What the fuk happend! I bet you are straight jacked!
Haha I wish. Bf is not where I'd like it but overall I'm happy with the progress made thus far. I'm nowhere near your beastly level but I'm coming for you lol

Wtf I leave for a few days and you drcide to add 5 pages for me to catch up on?!? :) wotkouts look beast bud. Lookin good in here. Im thinking about running phat next as well.
Haven't updated much been busy. Glad to see your back bud. How was vaca?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How tall are you?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't updated much been busy. Glad to see your back bud. How was vaca?
Understandable. Vacation was awesome. If it wasnt for seeing the kid I woulda never came back lol. It was good to see him after almost a week though. We had no Internet down there so now I have 44 logs to catch up on and it seems like everyone added 10 pages a day while I was gone ha.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Understandable. Vacation was awesome. If it wasnt for seeing the kid I woulda never came back lol. It was good to see him after almost a week though. We had no Internet down there so now I have 44 logs to catch up on and it seems like everyone added 10 pages a day while I was gone ha.
Def hate getting behind on logs no fun lol

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Hit legs today after the best eating weekend I've had lol. Very clean except a few handfuls of popcorn at the water park. No ill effects from that. Weight is still hovering 218-219 at night 214-215 upon rising.

Warmup

Squats
Barx20
135x20
225x5
245x2-4 (10 sets with a 2-3 sec pause).

Leg press
3x8

Leg curls/leg ext
3x12

Pull throughs
3x12

Misc calf work

Abductor/adductor work

Abs

Coming off such a high volume I left the gym feeling kinda blah like I didn't do much. Def felt the correct depth on my squats. My hips are so tight. Had decent quad pump from heavy leg press but tbh honest it didn't last long.

Gonna take some getting used to.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work and I think I may have seen this leg workout somewhere online maybe???

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Nice work and I think I may have seen this leg workout somewhere online maybe???
That you did sir :)
Asa and Jerrod helped me out. Gonna do it for three weeks then see where my max is at then take a week to relax then a similar type program you are on :)

Awards
  • Established
Nice work Brother. Always great to throw in some adductor/ abductor work!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Nice work Brother. Always great to throw in some adductor/ abductor work!
Almost forgot I was doing hanging leg raises in between the adductor/abductor work and holy shyt, worst abdominal cramp ever. Had to jump off machine and arch my back. Wouldn't go away. Wtf. People thought I was having a heart attack lol.

Anyone have this happen b4???

Awards
  • Established
Thank you brother!!

Nice fokcing avi btw I'm jealous.
Thanks Bro! Been working hard on my physique. One day I hope to build up the balls to do a show like you my dude!

Almost forgot I was doing hanging leg raises in between the adductor/abductor work and holy shyt, worst abdominal cramp ever. Had to jump off machine and arch my back. Wouldn't go away. Wtf. People thought I was having a heart attack lol.

Not that, but something strange that happens to me- I get awful hamstring cramps when i do dips (almost every single time)?.. lol

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Had this happen doing rope cable crunches. Rolled around on my back like a turtle for about two minutes

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Hit legs today after the best eating weekend I've had lol. Very clean except a few handfuls of popcorn at the water park. No ill effects from that. Weight is still hovering 218-219 at night 214-215 upon rising.

Warmup

Squats
Barx20
135x20
225x5
245x2-4 (10 sets with a 2-3 sec pause).

Leg press
3x8

Leg curls/leg ext
3x12

Pull throughs
3x12

Misc calf work

Abductor/adductor work

Abs

Coming off such a high volume I left the gym feeling kinda blah like I didn't do much. Def felt the correct depth on my squats. My hips are so tight. Had decent quad pump from heavy leg press but tbh honest it didn't last long.

Gonna take some getting used to.
Exactly what I was doing 8 or so weeks ago before I started 531. Minus the pull-thrus...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I get some crazy ab cramps when crushing them. Especially after legs day when they are toast from stabilizing weight and creating internal pressure.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Had this happen doing rope cable crunches. Rolled around on my back like a turtle for about two minutes
Lol I can relate. I was doing the same except standing walking around with my back arched.
I always get these after rope crunches which is why I don't do them. Fukc I'm sure I looked like an idiot.

Exactly what I was doing 8 or so weeks ago before I started 531. Minus the pull-thrus...
Yeah I'm trying to strengthen my low back so I'm doing pull through one day and zercher squats the other day. I'm def a volume guy so this is weird.

Yeah I get some crazy ab cramps when crushing them. Especially after legs day when they are toast from stabilizing weight and creating internal pressure.
Def not fun. I get enough weird looks doing auxiliary leg lifts (glute bridges, adductor etc) so I'm sure I looked like a special person lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol I can relate. I was doing the same except standing walking around with my back arched.
I always get these after rope crunches which is why I don't do them. Fukc I'm sure I looked like an idiot.

Yeah I'm trying to strengthen my low back so I'm doing pull through one day and zercher squats the other day. I'm def a volume guy so this is weird.

Def not fun. I get enough weird looks doing auxiliary leg lifts (glute bridges, adductor etc) so I'm sure I looked like a special person lol
Oh no doubt about it you are a special person! glute bridges look a lot more manly with an olympic bar and some weight on them though. However those who don't know whats up don't get the benefits either do they?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Oh no doubt about it you are a special person! glute bridges look a lot more manly with an olympic bar and some weight on them though. However those who don't know whats up don't get the benefits either do they?
Oh yeah I use weight haha still get stared at tho

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
A bit disappointed with my bw bench challenge. Never really tried bw for reps.

215x29 is what I ended up with. Wanted 35 at least and tbh honest didn't feel right today which is odd as yesterday was a rest day. On top of that I was forced to ask a fellow gym goer to video it which he wasn't to excited about. Come to find out he never hit record or hit it twice. No video. This pretty much pissed me off.

The rest of the session was kinda blah.

Another weird thing is my weight. My macros are normally at 265/250/65 and yesterday I actually had my carbs up to 325 all clean and my pm and am weight is down 2.5 lbs wtf confused

That is all

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
What a dick. Still, 29 ain't bad and I feel you on not wanting to do it. I had the same feeling

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man 215x29 is not bad at all. Sure you had a number you wanted but if you haven't been training in the higher reps fatigue can often be the problem moreso than strength. I knew I had no business in that comp since I am on low carb and hadn't done flat bench in a little while. I don't know that I would have got 29 with 205 at this point. I say good show man!

Weight can be water related or electrolyte related. Do you look full, and or dry today? Did you do a lot of sweating yesterday or the day before? Take in less sodium than normal?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Man 215x29 is not bad at all. Sure you had a number you wanted but if you haven't been training in the higher reps fatigue can often be the problem moreso than strength. I knew I had no business in that comp since I am on low carb and hadn't done flat bench in a little while. I don't know that I would have got 29 with 205 at this point. I say good show man!

Weight can be water related or electrolyte related. Do you look full, and or dry today? Did you do a lot of sweating yesterday or the day before? Take in less sodium than normal?
Yeah I'll take it. Never really trained for it and since the dip shyt fukced my video up I'm kinda pissed I wasted my energy on it.

Tbh diet wise everything was same as always, might of had more sodium than normal and the excess carbs came from bananas (my wife dehydrates them), they are my fav and kinda went crazy with them last night with my last meal.

I actually look soft and a bit bloated. The only other thing I can think of is my fiber intake has been low. I ran out of psyllium husk

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Something just seems off today don't feel right at all

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Strange, the potassium should aid in pulling water into the muscle a bit, but perhaps if you went overboard it created an imbalance in your sodium / potassium ratios which can still not be a great situation. Try a lil table salt see if it perks you up a bit. If not just ride it out and see if maybe you are fighting something off, that burns a lot of energy too.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Yeah that's why I was baffled a bit if anything I was expecting to be up a pound or two. I guess I'll see how the rest of the week goes. Thanks kleen

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Alright guys felt like garbage all weekend. Headaches (migraines) aches, scratchy throat etc. got a decent lift in on Saturday then felt like crap the rest of the weekend.

Feel fine today, except I couldn't get outta bed no motivation etc. wtf is going on? Normally if I take a day off by the noon I'm anxious to get In there. Not today. I seriously go through this every ****ing summer. I lose all motivation for a few weeks then it gets to the point where I snap out of it.

Wtf I feel like a puss c etc etc but honestly I just feel dead ****ing tired all day every day. I don't know if my body is just in a funk or its the stress or what but its driving me crazy. I'm going camping on Saturday through next Thursday and I had planned on killing it this week b4 my week off but not off to a good start.

Sorry for the rant I'm just at a loss at the moment and am not sure why I go through this every summer...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright guys felt like garbage all weekend. Headaches (migraines) aches, scratchy throat etc. got a decent lift in on Saturday then felt like crap the rest of the weekend.

Feel fine today, except I couldn't get outta bed no motivation etc. wtf is going on? Normally if I take a day off by the noon I'm anxious to get In there. Not today. I seriously go through this every ****ing summer. I lose all motivation for a few weeks then it gets to the point where I snap out of it.

Wtf I feel like a puss c etc etc but honestly I just feel dead ****ing tired all day every day. I don't know if my body is just in a funk or its the stress or what but its driving me crazy. I'm going camping on Saturday through next Thursday and I had planned on killing it this week b4 my week off but not off to a good start.

Sorry for the rant I'm just at a loss at the moment and am not sure why I go through this every summer...
Have you had a blood panel done lately? Any hormonal stuff going in?

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
There are many forms of bipolar disorder and its more common than you would think. It doesn't have to mean your "crazy", just off sometimes. It can have a cycle that lasts a day, a week, a year, or be so infrequent you may think its something else entirely. Very treatable though as long as your not Carrie Fisher crazy. Seasonal depressions is common as well but effects are more often seen during wintertime. Not trying to e-diagnose you just throwing out some options you might discuss with your primary care provider

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Have you had a blood panel done lately? Any hormonal stuff going in?
Haven't had any bloods done in a couple months. I'm due for some in sept. I was thinking the same thing.

There are many forms of bipolar disorder and its more common than you would think. It doesn't have to mean your "crazy", just off sometimes. It can have a cycle that lasts a day, a week, a year, or be so infrequent you may think its something else entirely. Very treatable though as long as your not Carrie Fisher crazy. Seasonal depressions is common as well but effects are more often seen during wintertime. Not trying to e-diagnose you just throwing out some options you might discuss with your primary care provider
Not really sure what to think of this lol

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Not really sure what to think of this lol
You mentioned how this is not isolated but has a reoccurring theme, just tossing out alternative causes...

Wife's a mental health professional and much of it rubs off...

aceroni

Awards
If you're feeling beat down and tired just take it easy.
Listen to your body.

A week off (camping plus now till then) will not kill you.
You've been doing a lot man working on getting that new job going plus everything else in your life.

Take some time off.

You'll be ready to train when you get back from camping.

When I start feeling run down I take a week off. Come back stronger.