Anyone try CBD for pain?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should not have phrased it that way, I will edit that they should be clear on how it was ingested. 600mg is not a practical dose and generally if you were to buy cbd oil, for example, you would find something like 30ml with 600mg cbd in it. That would break down to 16mg per serving or whatever. For relaxation, I take no more than 30mg at a time and I am a 215 man. 600mg straight cbd would destroy me.
Ditto. I do about 20mg at a time of powder up to 100mg. Honestly ill go higher at times.

I healing my brain and my emotions. Read up on fear, apprehension and all those other anxiety and depression antributes. It feels like im breaking down years of walls of fears and apprehension. I can articulate out loud the precise point of emotional injury process it (i purge grief whenever i can and ill sob it out if i need to) and claim it healed...

2Burnt

Awards
I should not have phrased it that way, I will edit that they should be clear on how it was ingested. 600mg is not a practical dose and generally if you were to buy cbd oil, for example, you would find something like 30ml with 600mg cbd in it. That would break down to 16mg per serving or whatever. For relaxation, I take no more than 30mg at a time and I am a 215 man. 600mg straight cbd would destroy me.
Clarity is definitely lacking. Have a 500mg and 750 mg bottle. With the cbd content being 10mg and 15mg.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They need to be clear in this to indicate that the group did not take 600mg of straight cbd or at least indicate how it was ingested. To have a study giving people 600 pure cbd would be pretty pointless because that is about 30x a standard dose.
It’s A clinical dose !!! Most studies I have seen start at around 100 mg on up . Not 20mg or less . I also use astragin to help with the absorption of the cbd I orally take and I feel like it does .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The stuff i got needs a suspension to vape it. But thats my next venture in the cbd game.
Go with quality and not price . Lot of cbd brands under dose there stuff .

2Burnt

Awards
Go with quality and not price . Lot of cbd brands under dose there stuff .
Your right about that. Fought with my girl on this as it started out as her venture. But me loving supplements and my affinity towards anything cannabis/ marijuana related. Turns out she got lucky. I've got all the lab analysis and the stuff checks out. I still got more digging to do as far as what constitutes an effective full spectrum. Like ratios and what not. As well as the terpene content. But the product itself definitely works on me for my back pain and calms me. But I'm researching more as my knowledge is limited.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s A clinical dose !!! Most studies I have seen start at around 100 mg on up . Not 20mg or less . I also use astragin to help with the absorption of the cbd I orally take and I feel like it does .
Lol, there is no such thing as a clinical dose of CBD. CBD binds to so many different receptors in the body and there are so many factors that come into play and some are affected at low doses, others at higher but it then saturates the ones affected at lower. I'm not sure where most of the studies you are finding are from with treatment at 100mg+, but a study saying 600mg will lower anxiety in people, is kind of like saying that we noticed that when we put brakes from a truck onto this Volkswagen that it stopped faster. Well, no ****? You just went way over what anyone would normally ever do.

Even the Mayo Clinic notes that there is no standard dose and it is highly individualistic and partly dependent on what is being addressed. General guidelines they post:

To increase appetite in cancer patients: 2.5 milligrams of THC by mouth with or without 1 mg of CBD for six weeks

To treat chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD by mouth for an average of 25 days.

To treat epilepsy: 200-300 mg of CBD by mouth daily.

To treat movement problems associated with Huntington’s disease: 1 mg per kilogram of CBD by mouth daily for six weeks.

To treat sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD by mouth.

To treat multiple sclerosis symptoms: Cannabis plant extracts containing 2.5-120 milligrams of a THC-CBD combination by mouth daily for 2-15 weeks. A mouth spray might contain 2.7 milligrams of THC and 2.5 milligrams of CBD at doses of 2.5-120 milligram for up to eight weeks. Patients typically use eight sprays within any three hours, with a maximum of 48 sprays in any 24-hour period.

To treat schizophrenia: 40-1,280 mg CBD by mouth daily.

To treat glaucoma: a single CBD dose of 20-40 mg under the tongue. Doses greater than 40 mg may actually increase eye pressure.

You'll notice that they don't have anything close to 600mg dosage unless treating schizophrenia.

2Burnt

Awards
kisaj. The oil i have is sublingual. How long does sublingual administration tend to take to absorb? Ive heard 15 seconds and 30 seconds. Then the instructions say swallow. Does that seem to be right? I try to hold under my tongue for close to a minute and then try to cheek the rest.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly can't say how it would take to absorb, but I would imagine it would be very quick. As best practice, I do the same as you with any sublingual. I hold it under my tongue and try to keep it in my mouth for a min or so.

2Burnt

Awards
I honestly can't say how it would take to absorb, but I would imagine it would be very quick. As best practice, I do the same as you with any sublingual. I hold it under my tongue and try to keep it in my mouth for a min or so.
It does seem to absorb quickly than i first thought. Its hard to get the average person to understand sublingual administration. Im just glad its not like the androstendione poppers from back in the day. Literally took 30 to 40 minutes to get those to fully absorb. But i guess chewing a pill and cheeking isnt ideal. Although i really miss that compound.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone has experience vaping cbd? Any specific type of vape pen that is best?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use cannabis trading company brand . Great flavor and they use fst with there pens which many other pens don’t .

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure a good part of this thread has been discussing administration with vaping being the preferred method. There is no "best" vape pen, it depends on your needs and how discrete you want to be, how much oil you want, passive pull/active pull, preload/selfload, etc.. There are so many brands out now, you can find anything you want to fit your needs.

icecold9487

Awards
humboldtvapetech.com/product/saionara-atomizer-pico-kit-black/

Im pretty happy with this kit. I think vaporizing is nice for instant relief but sublingual has longer lasting effects and is a little easier to dose

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
humboldtvapetech.com/product/saionara-atomizer-pico-kit-black/

Im pretty happy with this kit. I think vaporizing is nice for instant relief but sublingual has longer lasting effects and is a little easier to dose
How do you feel about effectiveness of sublingual vs vaping? When comparing same dose.

icecold9487

Awards
i haven’t been able to compare since I haven’t weighed out what I’m putting into the vape. I do sublingual morning and night and vape sometimes if I’m sitting around in my house. Overall I think sublingual is easier.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's your guys opinion and experience (if you have any) with CBC and CBN? I'm curious due to the former showning positive effects for depression, and the latter for insomnia, as well as a myriad of other benefits.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CBN has been around in an isolated form since about 2014 here in CO, but it is not widely available and only on the medical side. I've used it and the only effect I can see is that it is a powerful sleep aid. Take it and in 10 minutes you are yawning and looking for a comfortable place to sit. People that are used to smoking flower will all remember buying large quantities and as it sat around in baggies the effect would completely change and you would get so tired from smoking it- that is CBN. THC breaks down into CBN from exposure to oxygen and light. That's why you always store flower in a dark, air tight container.

In my limited experience with CBN, I only see sleep as a benefit. CBN (full plant, not isolated) I see as really being a perfect medicine for almost everyone not seeking the additional benefits of THC and the side effects. Many, many uses of CBD and it can be used throughout the day.

2Burnt

Awards
CBN has been around in an isolated form since about 2014 here in CO, but it is not widely available and only on the medical side. I've used it and the only effect I can see is that it is a powerful sleep aid. Take it and in 10 minutes you are yawning and looking for a comfortable place to sit. People that are used to smoking flower will all remember buying large quantities and as it sat around in baggies the effect would completely change and you would get so tired from smoking it- that is CBN. THC breaks down into CBN from exposure to oxygen and light. That's why you always store flower in a dark, air tight container.

In my limited experience with CBN, I only see sleep as a benefit. CBN (full plant, not isolated) I see as really being a perfect medicine for almost everyone not seeking the additional benefits of THC and the side effects. Many, many uses of CBD and it can be used throughout the day.
I have that in my oil, along with a few others. Is this where the terpene content comes from? I'm a little confused as to finding that out. One of the affiliates had a list of different terpene's in the oil. But I dont know where she got the info from. So basically I'm wondering if different terpene's are exclusive to say cbn. But maybe others are exclusive to cbg.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not exclusive to either, it is simply part of the makeup of marijuana. When you have a full plant CBD extract, it will include different terpenes depending on what strain it was extracted from. It's known as an entourage effect. Some people like to have an isolate and then add in whatever specific terpene they want for the desired effects.

I would remove CBN from this conversation as it will confuse everything. If you need to dumb it down, think of CBN as the cannabinoid that makes you sleepy. That is it's primary effect.

2Burnt

Awards
That makes sense. So I more or less need to figure out the strain. In the virtual tour they didnt explain strain or terpenes. Just showing the actual hemp plant and claiming the use of the whole plant which makes sense by the lab analysis. So I'm assuming there are as many variations of hemp as there are of traditional marijuana?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pens and powders come with or without terepens.

Terpenes are used in some of our products to provide strain specific entourage effects as well as adding great flavor. The use of terpenes allows you to select which additional effects will be most beneficial for you. Studies of these strains have shown the following data.

Cheese:
Relief from: Stress, Insomnia, Lack of Appetite
Flavors: Cheese and Earthy

Charlotte’s Web:
Relief from: Pain, Inflammation, Fatigue, Depression
Flavors: Earthy and Flowery

Mango Kush:
Relief from:Stress, Depression, Insomnia, Headaches
Flavors: Mango and Citrus

OG Kush:
Relief from: Insomnia, Lack of Appetite, Pain
Flavors: Earthy and Pine

Pineapple Express:
Relief from: Stress, Depression, Pain
Flavors: Pineapple and Tropical

Super Silver Haze:
Relief from: Fatigue, Pain, Stress, Depression
Flavors: Citrus and Earthy

Tangi:
Relief from: Nausea, Lack of appetite, Depression, Anxiety
Flavors: Skunk and Citrus

Super Lemon Haze:
Relief from: Stress, Depression, Pain, Fatigue
Flavors: Lemon and Citrus

Strawberry Diesel:
Relief from: Stress, Insomnia, Lack of Appetite, Pain
Flavors: Gassy and Sweet

Blueberry:
Relief from: Stress, Pain, Depression, Lack of Appetite
Flavors: Blueberry and Sweet

Harlequin:
Relief from: Inflammation, Stress, Pain, Fatigue
Flavors: Earthy and Sweet

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'm assuming there are as many variations of hemp as there are of traditional marijuana?
Not even close. Don't worry about all the strains of marijuana as your head will spin, especially if you have ever been to a legal state. One of my friends who is considered a mid-size grower in the area currently has over 100 different strains growing and that is only about a 1/3rd of what he clones and seeds.

David just posted all you likely need to be aware off for terpenes and CBD.

2Burnt

Awards
Not even close. Don't worry about all the strains of marijuana as your head will spin, especially if you have ever been to a legal state. One of my friends who is considered a mid-size grower in the area currently has over 100 different strains growing and that is only about a 1/3rd of what he clones and seeds.

Your right about that. So many strains everywhere. But I was refering to the hemp plant thats specifically being used. These plants are so different than what im used to seeing. There more like stalks versus bud/flowers. But you and David have definitely helped me thru this process. I think my head was spinning in the beginning.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, that part. Real easy:

Hemp is made from the male plant and they do not flower or grow "buds" as you likely know it. Only the female plant grows flowers or buds.

RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have used CBD in a few different form all have worked well for me. I used it in a lotion directly on my ankle in conjunction with Arnica cream and it helped a lot. I also have eaten it, taken supplements with it and puffed it lol. It is good and does work. :veryhappy:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

My got to dispensary makes its own mix of hydrid shatter/crumble. The names are always some bastardized version of the two but I always need to confirm I, S of H as leafly just puts in something close and often incorrect.
An I is very different than a S. :)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have that in my oil, along with a few others. Is this where the terpene content comes from? I'm a little confused as to finding that out. One of the affiliates had a list of different terpene's in the oil. But I dont know where she got the info from. So basically I'm wondering if different terpene's are exclusive to say cbn. But maybe others are exclusive to cbg.
I love terpenes . That what makes the smell of the flower or fruit as a example. My pens have terpenes in them . Terpenes are what determines if it’s a Indica cannabis or sativa cannabis etc . Isolated terpenes are also medicinal. Life extension has one I just saw .
IMG_2197.jpg
limonene as a example .

2Burnt

Awards
Yeah, i was reading that about terpene's. Actual function to the plant was interesting. This whole topic is really interesting.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This entire thread makes me very happy to see such open minded thinking and actual desire to understand the plant and how incredibly helpful it is. Of course there is a fun side to it, but there is so much more.

2Burnt

Awards
This entire thread makes me very happy to see such open minded thinking and actual desire to understand the plant and how incredibly helpful it is. Of course there is a fun side to it, but there is so much more.
Definitely right about that. The fun side I've definitely experienced. But at the same time, these other benefits are nothing short of amazing. It seems so complex at first. But the research is out there and the likes of this thread make it even better. Especially for people over here in Florida. The state trys to indoctrinate us with lies. But the fight is finally gaining balance.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely right about that. The fun side I've definitely experienced. But at the same time, these other benefits are nothing short of amazing. It seems so complex at first. But the research is out there and the likes of this thread make it even better. Especially for people over here in Florida. The state trys to indoctrinate us with lies. But the fight is finally gaining balance.
I live in Idaho it was on of the few state that had CBD virtually banned. You could if it was from hemp grown, outside the US, that had zero thc(.00001% was the excepted amount). Which is nearly impossible from my understanding. They had billboards about how harmful CBD was, not weed but CBD itself. And everyone I know that ordered online had there shipment seized.

Yesterday they just over turn some of that. You can now get CBD from any source, but it has to be less than .3% thc(Im not sure but it may actually be lower), and have a prescription. If you don't have prescription that can still arrest you, if it doesn't meet original set of standard.

This states policy of weed is so fuking wack. Especially since we are actually a very medical progressive state. We allow very controversial medical procedure, that aren't proven to have benefits; however, we act like weed is herion or some sh!t, even though it is proven to have real medical uses.

Haha sorry about my slightly off topic rant.

2Burnt

Awards
I live in Idaho it was on of the few state that had CBD virtually banned. You could if it was from hemp grown, outside the US, that had zero thc(.00001% was the excepted amount). Which is nearly impossible from my understanding. They had billboards about how harmful CBD was, not weed but CBD itself. And everyone I know that ordered online had there shipment seized.

Yesterday they just over turn some of that. You can now get CBD from any source, but it has to be less than .3% thc(Im not sure but it may actually be lower), and have a prescription. If you don't have prescription that can still arrest you, if it doesn't meet original set of standard.

This states policy of weed is so fuking wack. Especially since we are actually a very medical progressive state. We allow very controversial medical procedure, that aren't proven to have benefits; however, we act like weed is herion or some sh!t, even though it is proven to have real medical uses.

I hear ya. Florida has the same .3 or lower and they hated to do that. It's all 50 states now. But of course places like Colorado has entirely different state laws. Hopefully the whole country can get on the same page soon.

RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Man that is some horse****! I almost spit out my food reading this. Arrest! for CBD! this cant be real. I feel like there are so many things happening in the back end with politicians and lobbyists that determine all this BS. When things start to not add up, then that is what I go to. Sorry man you have to deal with that.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man that is some horse****! I almost spit out my food reading this. Arrest! for CBD! this cant be real. I feel like there are so many things happening in the back end with politicians and lobbyists that determine all this BS. When things start to not add up, then that is what I go to. Sorry man you have to deal with that.
Well you have to remember Idaho is one of the most conservative states there is, and HEAVILY religious. People vote in these very conservative and religious politician, who view marijuana as this horrible drug, that push policies that they believe is the right thing for the "public well being". Which in this state got these guys re-elect, as most of this state viewed weed in a very similar manner, up until just recently.

We(the state of Idaho) and they(the politicians) were unwilling to look at it objectively, and ingore the personal biases towards weed, and see that marijuana has real benefits and is not harmful.

You see this exact thing going on with Jeff sessions right now.

RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well you have to remember Idaho is one of the most conservative states there is, and HEAVILY religious. People vote in these very conservative and religious politician, who view marijuana as this horrible drug, that push policies that they believe is the right thing for the "public well being". Which in this state got these guys re-elect, as most of this state viewed weed in a very similar manner, up until just recently.

We(the state of Idaho) and they(the politicians) were unwilling to look at it objectively, and ingore the personal biases towards weed, and see that marijuana has real benefits and is not harmful.

Yea its true and Disappointing.

2Burnt

Awards

Crazy how "reefer madness" exists in people who are in power. Ugh, this country sometimes can be very unamerican.

2Burnt

Awards
Yeah, thats kind of funny. I get that your not supposed to sell to minors(although thats another discussion). The agents bought gummies. Im presumably of the thought process that agents are over 18. But idk, maybe they didnt ID them. Kinda seems weird though. Like this oil on my counter dose nothing illicit. We literally got doggie treats that we give to a pit. He has yet to have onset reefer madness occur. This is bs.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Like I always said you need it all for it to work . You can’t just take the isolated forms .

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
I just got some CBD isolate from Real Scientific Hemp Oil and want to try It sublingually. Any suggestions on how to do this efficiently? How much and what type of instrument do you use? Vaping or mixing is more cumbersome than I want to get. I have been using oil from Charlotte’s Web and I am hoping this is a more inexpensive alternative.

2Burnt

Awards
I just got some CBD isolate from Real Scientific Hemp Oil and want to try It sublingually. Any suggestions on how to do this efficiently? How much and what type of instrument do you use? Vaping or mixing is more cumbersome than I want to get. I have been using oil from Charlotte’s Web and I am hoping this is a more inexpensive alternative.
I use the sublingual and its freakin awesome. Im gonna try the vape soon. Gotta get a good pen. I dont know about isolate though. The stuff i use is completely hemp. Evern the filler is hemp seed oil. So im not well versed in sublingual application of isolate. But what i got dissolves so quickly its dummy proof. But i still wanna vape to see the difference as im a flower connoisseur so its just what i do. I was thinking about logging it. Either way, it'll be fun.

2Burnt

Awards
Whats the best vape or are they all similar when mixed?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_2548.jpg
saw this one at the show!
IMG_2541.jpg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
with the WAR the government has declared against pharmaceutical opioids you would think they would be encouraging 'natural' remedies????

doctors are now afraid to prescribe opioids, and some flat out refuse to...no wonder so many are turning to illegal drugs like heroin!!!

pain focking hurts!!!