AntonG42O's log about BJJ, lifting, diet, life

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Eh, GI is such a flawed scale, especially while eating Paleo where there is always a healthy amount of fat and fiber in each meal.

Low blood-glucose can lead to a higher level of GH because insulin blunts GH. This is one of the reasons that a lower carb lifestyle tends to lean itself to having a more desirable body composition.
yeah GI is subjective. when i ingest a ton of fructose though, I get almost like a flush from it. some fruit more than others.

so higher GH? so good insulin regulation and higher GH, were are just winning everywhere

(charlie sheen reference, not sure if you seen the interviews yet)

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
3/7

great Gi session. had a battle with this 330lb dude. started from the knees and i didnt wanna him smothering me, so i just dug my head into his chin/ear for good 3 minutes which really pissed him off lol he ended up getting side control for a quick second but then i took his back and would have Gi choked him but time ran out. big guys like that could be a pain in the a$$. they are impossible to triangle and I think i crushed one of my nuts trying to armbar him.

really banged up one of my toes. the mat is a wrestling mat designed for shoes so its very sticky. when you go barefoot sometimes one of your toes gets stuck to it.

my school is having a tournament April 2nd!!! there is also NY invitational in mid April, so Im going full blast training up to 7 days a week now. sundays are my weightlifting days but since my technique is a little rusty from missing a few weeks, i might get even more grappling in on sundays. maybe ill stick with lifting sundays, my squat seemed to be getting heavier and heavier so i wanna keep going.

wrestling + no gi tonight!! gonna tape the bejesus out of this toe hoping it wont bother me

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Come on be a man and chop that toe off! You have like 9 other toes.... :p

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Or you could just whip their a$$.
hahaha trust me ive had plenty of friends and other people try to drunk wrestle me or talk some other $hit with very unsuccessful results

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
soo not too much has been happening. training 6 days a week trying to get back in shape after the impetigo outbreak and getting that weird flu. lung capacity was affected the most by the flu. all last week i was sucking major wind barely able to finish a round. yesterday we rolled for 30 minutes and i was still pretty fresh at the end. im back b!tches!

were hosting an in house tournament on april 14th i believe. JudoJosh should come show his moves.

still training with that broken toe. ive been just taping it to the next toe but its still a pain especially during wrestling, sometimes it gets stepped on.

one of my friends was having a bad day yesterday so i got him to come to training. he is super out of shape so the workout wooped his a$$ and he left the gym feeling much better about his issues. taking a day off from training tonight, gonna burn one down and go to bed at 10pm.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
soo not too much has been happening. training 6 days a week trying to get back in shape after the impetigo outbreak and getting that weird flu. lung capacity was affected the most by the flu. all last week i was sucking major wind barely able to finish a round. yesterday we rolled for 30 minutes and i was still pretty fresh at the end. im back b!tches!

were hosting an in house tournament on april 14th i believe. JudoJosh should come show his moves.

still training with that broken toe. ive been just taping it to the next toe but its still a pain especially during wrestling, sometimes it gets stepped on.

one of my friends was having a bad day yesterday so i got him to come to training. he is super out of shape so the workout wooped his a$$ and he left the gym feeling much better about his issues. taking a day off from training tonight, gonna burn one down and go to bed at 10pm.
:D I will come get beat up! Just message me the address. I will get gassed in 90 secs prolly but eh I will still come. Its more about the fun of the sport for me than it is about the competition or need to win.

I havent been to BJJ since my daughter was born part of it has been due to the lack of sleep and the other part is I have been slacking. I am looking to start back up next week.. hopefully :fingersx:

Get that friend to start going with you. Exercise is one of the best forms of medication next to sleeping and fasting. Especially when it comes to stress.. when your in the gym nothing really matters just moving that weight. I tried to tell one of my friends this when he was having girl problems but he wouldnt believe me

Oh and did I tell you Hassest is doing another in house tournament?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
:D I will come get beat up! Just message me the address. I will get gassed in 90 secs prolly but eh I will still come. Its more about the fun of the sport for me than it is about the competition or need to win.

I havent been to BJJ since my daughter was born part of it has been due to the lack of sleep and the other part is I have been slacking. I am looking to start back up next week.. hopefully :fingersx:

Get that friend to start going with you. Exercise is one of the best forms of medication next to sleeping and fasting. Especially when it comes to stress.. when your in the gym nothing really matters just moving that weight. I tried to tell one of my friends this when he was having girl problems but he wouldnt believe me

Oh and did I tell you Hassest is doing another in house tournament?
he is gonna try to start coming regularly. just needs to get his money situated. dude is a force. 6'3 mid 200s, super strong and quick hands. if he drops like 30 pounds im gonna hire him as my bodyguard.

funny thing about hassets. keep this between me and you in case you go over there. my teacher asked us to not do his tournaments for awhile because hasset has been talking sh!t about brazilians taking his money/stealing his students or whatever. so my teacher said if they all show up to our tournament then he will start going there again. they are such small tournaments anyway, if im gonna sit around all day waiting for 1 match i might as well do it at a bigger tourney.