Anavar cycle

Bon20

Awards
Hey Folks,
I'm considering undergoing an Anavar cycle and am looking for some advice.
A little about me:
I have completed one steroid cycle in the past where I took approximately 350mg of test per week. If I were to redo it, I would consider raising the dose to 500-600mg.
During that cycle, my weight increased from 69 kg to 83 kg. After completing my post-cycle therapy (PCT), I took a break for a year without any supplements.

Currently, I weigh 79 kg, with a goal weight of approximately 74 kg. About 4-5 months ago, I started on self-administered testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at a dose of 125mg per week. I've since increased the dosage to 150mg per week in conjunction with HCG. This new dosage seems to suit me better.

As I plan my second cycle, my primary goal is to enhance collagen synthesis to potentially strengthen my joints and improve skin quality. My understanding is that high doses of testosterone can reduce collagen synthesis in joints by around 50% and may cause the skin to age prematurely.

Currently, I have around 50 Anavar pills, each containing 10mg, and acquiring more isn't an issue. I'm pondering a cycle that includes a testosterone base of 200-250mg per week and 20-30 mg of Anavar daily. As for diet, I aim to consume calories close to my maintenance level, perhaps slightly more. The cycle's proposed duration is about 8 weeks.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Do you have any alternative suggestions? Specifically, would you recommend a testosterone dosage of 200mg or 250mg per week?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Raising your test from 150 to 250 is going to basically just be flushing those extra mg down the toilet. Go up to 300 to start and maybe eventually 450/600and save your anavar for the last 6 weeks of your ctlycle

Pason223

Pason223

Awards
Check out my post “anavar before and after”

lots of things to consider on the sides in my opinion. Guys posted a lot of good info there for me, hope it helps man.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Typically I would plan on running the test for 12 weeks at 400mgs if you're going to increase it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But If the point of your cycle is collagen synthesis than scrap the cycle and take hgh and collagen supplements and supporting supplements. You are never In your live gonna run a cycle and think, wow, I had great collagen production this cycle lol.

Bon20

Awards
Ok, so you completed a 6-week cycle with 300mg of test and 500iu of HCG per week, alongside 50mg of Anavar daily?

For context, 50mg of Anavar isn't viable for me. During my first cycle, I also utilized Anavar and found that 50mg was overwhelming. A dose of 30mg yielded excellent results for me. At 40mg, I noticed mild side effects, but they weren't significant. Therefore, I believe 30-40mg would suffice for my needs. However, I've observed some thinning of my hair, making me hesitant to consider a 50mg dosage of Anavar.

Bon20

Awards
Test 300-600 weeks 1-12
Anaver 40-50mg weeks 7-12
From what you're suggesting, am I correct in understanding that a combination of 200mg test and 30mg Anavar wouldn't contribute positively to collagen synthesis as I had anticipated?

I'm not aiming for further bulking. If anything, I need to focus on cutting.
Given this, would a regimen of 300mg test weeks 1-12 combined with 30-40mg Anavar weeks 7-12 be appropriate for cutting? Or should I adjust the doses?

Lastly, do you believe that using Minoxidil (Rogaine) along with a DHT-blocking shampoo might mitigate further hair loss? My apprehension about increasing the Anavar dose beyond 30-40mg largely stems from concerns about hair loss.

Pason223

Pason223

Awards
Ok, so you completed a 6-week cycle with 300mg of test and 500iu of HCG per week, alongside 50mg of Anavar daily?

For context, 50mg of Anavar isn't viable for me. During my first cycle, I also utilized Anavar and found that 50mg was overwhelming. A dose of 30mg yielded excellent results for me. At 40mg, I noticed mild side effects, but they weren't significant. Therefore, I believe 30-40mg would suffice for my needs. However, I've observed some thinning of my hair, making me hesitant to consider a 50mg dosage of Anavar.
Yes that’s what I did, I would like to run it again probably at 30-40mg.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
From what you're suggesting, am I correct in understanding that a combination of 200mg test and 30mg Anavar wouldn't contribute positively to collagen synthesis as I had anticipated?

I'm not aiming for further bulking. If anything, I need to focus on cutting.
Given this, would a regimen of 300mg test weeks 1-12 combined with 30-40mg Anavar weeks 7-12 be appropriate for cutting? Or should I adjust the doses?

Lastly, do you believe that using Minoxidil (Rogaine) along with a DHT-blocking shampoo might mitigate further hair loss? My apprehension about increasing the Anavar dose beyond 30-40mg largely stems from concerns about hair loss.
A few things:

1) hair loss is going to vary from person to person as not everyone is predisposed to MPB.

2) if your concern is mostly hair loss and are losing hair, then you should already be using something. Something like topical finasteride with minoxidil is worth looking into.

3) if 30 - 40mgs works for you then start there. There is no need to increase it if you're happy with it. Hair loss sucks but there are far worse side effects from AAS than shedding. Just something to keep in mind as you weigh pros and cons of cycles.

Bon20

Awards
A few things:

1) hair loss is going to vary from person to person as not everyone is predisposed to MPB.

2) if your concern is mostly hair loss and are losing hair, then you should already be using something. Something like topical finasteride with minoxidil is worth looking into.

3) if 30 - 40mgs works for you then start there. There is no need to increase it if you're happy with it. Hair loss sucks but there are far worse side effects from AAS than shedding. Just something to keep in mind as you weigh pros and cons of cycles.
Ok, and thank you.

Hair loss is my primary concern. Everyone in my family has thick hair, and no one seems to suffer from hair loss. However, after my cycle, I noticed a noticeable reduction in my hair volume. I'm planning on ordering a minoxidil product as soon as I can. Maybe I'm the outlier in my family when it comes to this issue.

Are you familiar with ketoconazole and saw palmetto? I've heard these can also be effective for hair loss.

Regarding the 30-40mg of Anavar, that dosage was sufficient for me. I briefly increased to 50mg just to gauge the potential strength gains, but I didn't perceive much of a difference. The only side effect I noticed was some back pumping.

As for testosterone, do you think 300mg is adequate for cutting, or would a higher dosage be more effective?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok, and thank you.

Hair loss is my primary concern. Everyone in my family has thick hair, and no one seems to suffer from hair loss. However, after my cycle, I noticed a noticeable reduction in my hair volume. I'm planning on ordering a minoxidil product as soon as I can. Maybe I'm the outlier in my family when it comes to this issue.

Are you familiar with ketoconazole and saw palmetto? I've heard these can also be effective for hair loss.

Regarding the 30-40mg of Anavar, that dosage was sufficient for me. I briefly increased to 50mg just to gauge the potential strength gains, but I didn't perceive much of a difference. The only side effect I noticed was some back pumping.

As for testosterone, do you think 300mg is adequate for cutting, or would a higher dosage be more effective?
You have to go by what works best for you. Dosage differs from person to person. I usually like test around 400mgs... some guys have success at 300mgs and some guys run it at 1 gram. The key is to start low and increase as needed.

Ketoconazole and saw palmetto might help but nothing is going to be as effective as finasteride and minoxidil in my opinion.

Bon20

Awards
You have to go by what works best for you. Dosage differs from person to person. I usually like test around 400mgs... some guys have success at 300mgs and some guys run it at 1 gram. The key is to start low and increase as needed.

Ketoconazole and saw palmetto might help but nothing is going to be as effective as finasteride and minoxidil in my opinion.
Ok, just to clarify, finasteride is the drug that prevents testosterone from converting to DHT, correct? And that's the reason I should avoid it while on cycle?

I began with a dose of 300mg, and I can't recall if I increased it to 400mg or made any other changes, but I've documented it in my notes.
So, essentially, would you use the same testosterone dosage for a cutting cycle as you would for a bulking cycle?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok, just to clarify, finasteride is the drug that prevents testosterone from converting to DHT, correct? And that's the reason I should avoid it while on cycle?

I began with a dose of 300mg, and I can't recall if I increased it to 400mg or made any other changes, but I've documented it in my notes.
So, essentially, would you use the same testosterone dosage for a cutting cycle as you would for a bulking cycle?
Yes that's finasteride. You don't have to avoid it on cycle, you should take it on cycle if you're trying to prevent shedding. You can get a topical finasteride/minoxidil product. And yes, I use the same test whether cutting or bulking, though I know some people mess around with it.

Bon20

Awards
Yes that's finasteride. You don't have to avoid it on cycle, you should take it on cycle if you're trying to prevent shedding. You can get a topical finasteride/minoxidil product. And yes, I use the same test whether cutting or bulking, though I know some people mess around with it.
Ok, that makes sense now.
I thought you were referring to the oral version of finasteride that's typically prescribed by doctors.

I can easily find minoxidil products on Amazon Germany, which is the local Amazon for those of us living in Scandinavia. However, I'm having trouble finding any topical finasteride products. Could you recommend something or point me in the right direction?

And thanks for the help. Hopefully, I can avoid having to get hair transplanted from my butt to my head!😅😂

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok, that makes sense now.
I thought you were referring to the oral version of finasteride that's typically prescribed by doctors.

I can easily find minoxidil products on Amazon Germany, which is the local Amazon for those of us living in Scandinavia. However, I'm having trouble finding any topical finasteride products. Could you recommend something or point me in the right direction?

And thanks for the help. Hopefully, I can avoid having to get hair transplanted from my butt to my head!😅😂
You would still need a prescription for the topical version but you can get it right online from a website like hims. Takes like 5 minutes. Basically you can get a topical finasteride and minoxidil mixed together from them. I don't know if they have a presence in Scandinavia though. However, there are other websites that have it as well.

Worse case scenario you can just transplant the hair on your ass to your head like you said. At least you won't have to shave your ass anymore.

Pason223

Pason223

Awards
Your physique is solid and looks good. By the way, did you experience any hair loss during your Anavar cycle?
Thanks man! I would say extreme hair loss, definitely nothing noticeable. I’m the shower when I’d wash my hair I’d have some on my hands if that makes sense. I experienced not a lot of acne but quality over quantity, about once a week I’d get a huge pimple on my back or shoulder or chest and it would go away. Headache the first week then it went away. I def had to drink alot of water or my piss was dark.

Bon20

Awards
You would still need a prescription for the topical version but you can get it right online from a website like hims. Takes like 5 minutes. Basically you can get a topical finasteride and minoxidil mixed together from them. I don't know if they have a presence in Scandinavia though. However, there are other websites that have it as well.

Worse case scenario you can just transplant the hair on your ass to your head like you said. At least you won't have to shave your ass anymore.
I’ve spoken with a doctor at my gym, but not with my own physician yet. According to this doctor, it usually takes a minimum of six months and often up to two years of preliminary examinations before you can get a prescription for finasteride.

He also insisted that it should be the oral version, as they don’t typically deal with the topical form. Given that we have free health insurance, it often takes a long time to get prescriptions for certain types of medicine.

What I plan to do is use Minoxidil with a derma roller, and alternate between a mild shampoo containing Ketoconazole and one with saw palmetto. Those seem to be my options, unless I can find an underground lab (UGL) that produces topical finasteride.

Bon20

Awards
Thanks man! I would say extreme hair loss, definitely nothing noticeable. I’m the shower when I’d wash my hair I’d have some on my hands if that makes sense. I experienced not a lot of acne but quality over quantity, about once a week I’d get a huge pimple on my back or shoulder or chest and it would go away. Headache the first week then it went away. I def had to drink alot of water or my piss was dark.
Ok, thanks. I had almost the same experience when I included Anavar in my cycle. I didn’t have any headaches, but I did get a few pimples on my back and chest occasionally, and very few on my face – nothing noticeable.

I have enough testosterone to start my cycle and have just ordered what I need to complete it.

I'm reviewing my notes from last time and debating whether to start with 300mg, 350mg, 400mg, or 450mg of testosterone.
I can't recall exactly how much I ended up using.

However, I think I'll start with a lower amount than the highest dose I reached. It was only in the last 3-4 weeks, when I had turned up the dose, that I experienced hair loss. So, it must be lower than the highest amount I took.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve spoken with a doctor at my gym, but not with my own physician yet. According to this doctor, it usually takes a minimum of six months and often up to two years of preliminary examinations before you can get a prescription for finasteride.

He also insisted that it should be the oral version, as they don’t typically deal with the topical form. Given that we have free health insurance, it often takes a long time to get prescriptions for certain types of medicine.

What I plan to do is use Minoxidil with a derma roller, and alternate between a mild shampoo containing Ketoconazole and one with saw palmetto. Those seem to be my options, unless I can find an underground lab (UGL) that produces topical finasteride.
Wow. It's nothing like that in the USA. You can literally go online and get a prescription for oral or topical within a matter of minutes here.

Bon20

Awards
Wow. It's nothing like that in the USA. You can literally go online and get a prescription for oral or topical within a matter of minutes here.
Obtaining a prescription for many simple treatments can be challenging here. This includes TRT (testosterone replacement therapy), which, although covered by our health insurance, is often difficult to access. Most doctors seem reluctant to even conduct an examination before issuing a refusal.

However, I plan to start with a dose of 350mg of testosterone per week. During the first, and possibly the second week, I'm considering administering 50mg daily to achieve the total of 350mg over seven days.

Is this a sensible approach, or should I consider less frequent dosing? I aim to minimize side effects. From my previous experience, I recall developing oily skin and retaining a lot of fluids, although these issues did resolve fairly quickly. Nonetheless, it would be preferable to avoid them.

Subsequently, I plan to administer the treatment every other day, a regimen that proved effective for me in the past. Also, would preloading be advisable?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Obtaining a prescription for many simple treatments can be challenging here. This includes TRT (testosterone replacement therapy), which, although covered by our health insurance, is often difficult to access. Most doctors seem reluctant to even conduct an examination before issuing a refusal.

However, I plan to start with a dose of 350mg of testosterone per week. During the first, and possibly the second week, I'm considering administering 50mg daily to achieve the total of 350mg over seven days.

Is this a sensible approach, or should I consider less frequent dosing? I aim to minimize side effects. From my previous experience, I recall developing oily skin and retaining a lot of fluids, although these issues did resolve fairly quickly. Nonetheless, it would be preferable to avoid them.

Subsequently, I plan to administer the treatment every other day, a regimen that proved effective for me in the past. Also, would preloading be advisable?
350mgs is fine. I usually start at 400mgs and go up to only 500mgs at the most. You'll find some people who run test way higher but everyone is different and you need to decide for yourself what the right dose is. Some people pin ED to help minimize estrogen sides but I don't. 350mgs per week is a low enough dose that I wouldn't think you would need to pin ED to manage sides but if you think it helps you, then I don't see any issue with it. I know some people pin subcutaneously ED or EOD and like it better.

Bon20

Awards
Okay, I'm considering keeping a log, though I'm not very good at updating such things.

I'll start with dosing once a day for 7-14 days. After that, I'll need to assess how it's going. Doing it every day seems a bit overwhelming. Every other day would be more manageable and practical in the long run.

Would it be a good idea to preload the doses?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay, I'm considering keeping a log, though I'm not very good at updating such things.

I'll start with dosing once a day for 7-14 days. After that, I'll need to assess how it's going. Doing it every day seems a bit overwhelming. Every other day would be more manageable and practical in the long run.

Would it be a good idea to preload the doses?
I am not 100% sure what you mean by preloading? Are you referring to frontloading the test? If so, I personally don't.

Pason223

Pason223

Awards
Ok, thanks. I had almost the same experience when I included Anavar in my cycle. I didn’t have any headaches, but I did get a few pimples on my back and chest occasionally, and very few on my face – nothing noticeable.

I have enough testosterone to start my cycle and have just ordered what I need to complete it.

I'm reviewing my notes from last time and debating whether to start with 300mg, 350mg, 400mg, or 450mg of testosterone.
I can't recall exactly how much I ended up using.

However, I think I'll start with a lower amount than the highest dose I reached. It was only in the last 3-4 weeks, when I had turned up the dose, that I experienced hair loss. So, it must be lower than the highest amount I took.
yeah man, no issue with starting low and see how it goes. I was trying to stay close to my trt regime as I could.