Anavar causing issue months later? Burning pain!

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So did my first anavar cycle last summer/fall. Got bad acid reflux from it and didn't really treat it at all.

Fast forward now for the past 5 months I've been having burning pain on my upper right abdominal. Area is like right below my right breast and sometimes goes to my side or back.

No other symptoms really. No loss of appetite or weight loss. No nausea or vomiting.

The pain only occurs after eating. Sometimes an hour later sometimes longer or shorter. Also after eating ill get gassy and need to burp a lot and after each burp I'll feel a burning pain in that area. Blood work all good. Had ct scan, ultra sound, hida scan. Now going for an upper endo and terrified.

Any help or thoughts?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Could be as basic as acid reflux sir.

I use Nexium Ed in the am and before bed and it works like a charm...otherwise I have acid reflux that is horrific. Hereditary too.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

I use Nexium Ed in the am and before bed and it works like a charm...otherwise I have acid reflux that is horrific. Hereditary too.
Thanks man. The acid reflux I normally get is in the chest so this being a bit lower worried me. But I does feel like heartburn just in a different location.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So did my first anavar cycle last summer/fall. Got bad acid reflux from it and didn't really treat it at all.

Fast forward now for the past 5 months I've been having burning pain on my upper right abdominal. Area is like right below my right breast and sometimes goes to my side or back.

No other symptoms really. No loss of appetite or weight loss. No nausea or vomiting.

The pain only occurs after eating. Sometimes an hour later sometimes longer or shorter. Also after eating ill get gassy and need to burp a lot and after each burp I'll feel a burning pain in that area. Blood work all good. Had ct scan, ultra sound, hida scan. Now going for an upper endo and terrified.

Any help or thoughts?
I had a similar situation with Superdrol a while back. Caused acid reflux, at first, then went to a Gastroenterologist and found out it became an ulcer. It was also hereditary (my Dad battled ulcers). Clean eating and Prilosec now and I’m good. Oh and I no longer take Superdrol.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I had a similar situation with Superdrol a while back. Caused acid reflux, at first, then went to a Gastroenterologist and found out it became an ulcer. It was also hereditary (my Dad battled ulcers). Clean eating and Prilosec now and I’m good. Oh and I no longer take Superdrol.
How did you find out about the ulcer

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The doc gave me omeprazole 40mg. I never took it though. You think it's worth a shot to try it lead8ng up to my endo

neil.sullivan

Awards
No pancreatitis…..everything else was good.
Ok good ... please take the meds. It will help your quality of life as well as not have complications from having acid reflux untreated for years

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro lol, what's going on with you. In the past week you got threads worrying about high e2, cold hands making you nervous, anavar giving you acid reflux, worried about your hair falling out I think was another one.

Your falling apart man!

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Famotidine makes life enjoyable for me
I get the 20 mg tab, take one at night good for 24hrs

pheeroni

Awards
Ulcer may correlate with stress and eating habits. I always heard good side of anavar but never tried it yet.

Maybe next cycle, get well soon mate

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
UPDATE

So I finally took the 40mg of omeprazole I was prescribed months back and within first day all my pain went away. However after 3 days of taking it I got really bad nausea. Messaged my Dr. So not sure if I should continue to take it or hold off now.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ulcer may correlate with stress and eating habits. I always heard good side of anavar but never tried it yet.

Maybe next cycle, get well soon mate
ulcers can be caused by a lot of things. some people don't realize but it can even be bacterial, and sometimes treated with antibiotics.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Not worried about b12 deficiency from that long term use?

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper right abdominal could be gallbladder, maybe cholestasis from anavar? Did you take liver support?