Anabolic Pump -- A Review by bitterplacebo

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Do you feel it is my role to hold your hand through the marketing process? Honestly, this is becoming somewhat redundant.

This is your question: Do you have moral qualms with your company's marketing?

My answer: No.
im sorry my question is redundant. It just bothered me to learn that the claims are not even possible. I meant to direct my question for the consumers point of view though, I forgot to put that. BTW mullet I have prime and some other stuff im planning to run soon. I am going to be consulting you so that i can get the most out of it...unlike AP.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you're not trying to imply I was teh Holy Grail critic. I didn't bother chiming in with my $.02 there, because there's just nothign worth saying. [Except AP should not be allowed to nickname itself the Holy Grail.]

Mullet, you've known on all the board .. you seem to be the #1 rep for the company, always backing $hit up with lots of chemistry/biology. I do believe that you could have a significant effect on the marketing department, if you indeed DID report back these major issues ..

And I'm guessing it's a NO-GO for the Anabolic Pump Full Money Return with your guys ? .. we must purchase it directly FROM you guys ?
In terms of the 100% Money-back guarantee, it must be purchased from usplabsdirect.com. E-mail me at the address below, and send me ;a) a receipt; b) an empty bottle, and I will have another full bottle sent to your address, free of shipping and/or other associated charges. However, this rests on one fundamental condition: You reserve your commentary on the product until after you have finished an entire thirty-day run, and you allow me to construct your diet/dosing scheme in conjunction with any other products you may be taking.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
True. I was and am simply saying, that all that matters to me is that the products work. They do, and I am happy.
by the way:
it didn't work, for me

If you're bored while I'm gone, feel free to construct suggestions about what I might not have been doing right. It would probably be more constructive than the marketing topic, and I'd be glad to hear whatever you may offer.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
In due honestly, the MOA of a product is minuscule when you have an enormous response of D- vs A+. Say, 70% non responsive.

Now, before anyone jumps the gun, I have no idea what the % of non-responders vs responders vs excellent responses were or is concerning AP/pslin/yg/prime/camph, etc...that 70% is just an example of which relates to the ineffectiveness of an MOA, if that % is/was the case.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im sorry my question is redundant. It just bothered me to learn that the claims are not even possible. I meant to direct my question for the consumers point of view though, I forgot to put that.
No need to apologize, merely pointing out this discussion would not be labelled the definition of 'Democratic' (i.e., myself answering the same line of questioning several times, in response to several different individuals).

I would say that physiologically, it is not possible for most to experience those results; that was the claim, and that is what I was meant to verify. It is not beyond the realm of possibility for an individual to shed 'X' adipose, while gaining 'Y' lean tissue; that being said, we must consider a broader definition for 'lean tissue': It is simply impossible to synthesize that amount of striated muscle tissue, but all research considers LM (Lean Mass) as water, glycogen, and striated muscle tissue - essentially, all tissue types and fluids aside from adipose tissue. Why? Because, these other tissue types and fluids precipitate the formation of muscle tissue, and indicate that energy is being preferentially used for the biosynthesis of striated muscle tissue.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
by the way:
it didn't work, for me

If you're bored while I'm gone, feel free to construct suggestions about what I might not have been doing right. It would probably be more constructive than the marketing topic, and I'd be glad to hear whatever you may offer.
Well, as I said, you appear to simply be a non-responder; in addition, I do not know which meals specifically you used the product with. If you had spoken to me before, I would have eliminated all possibilities of negative response based on your perceived Insulin metabolism, diet, and training, and constructed what - in my eyes - would have been a successful protocol. It is somewhat difficult after the fact, and suggesting alternatives may appear as if I am discounting your knowledge and experience.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Mullet, you've known on all the board .. you seem to be the #1 rep for the company, always backing $hit up with lots of chemistry/biology. I do believe that you could have a significant effect on the marketing department, if you indeed DID report back these major issues ..
I do totally understand your concerns on this issue; it's a product that did nothing for you. But, am I alone in understanding that this is the internet, and this is probably not the only thread on the internet which is geared toward the same goal ... also, with the popularity of the product, I would guess that more and more non responders and poor responders are going to pop up...some with valid reasoning, some with poor attempts at usage.

Basically, Im sure those issues have been brought up at head quarters before; I am POSITIVE that this is not the only instance of arguments against, nor for the product.
So it would seem to be slightly useless for him to report back this thread to the "boss" especially when this is a public issue , not something that was stumbled upon 2 hours ago.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Preemptively, before tempers flare and this discussion degenerates into irrational derogatory remarks, I will say this:

I will direct your concerns to our Marketing Department - and if it appeases the parties concerned herein - I will make suggestions to consolidate the datum pieces, with the advertising pieces. I will in no way guarantee any sort of change, as our ownership runs an exponentially growing company, successful by virtue of these same marketing techniques.
I'd be far happier if just the numbers portions were modified. of this whole chunk
  • Significantly increase muscle mass without changing your diet - Most people gain at least 7.3 pounds of muscle in the first 14 days taking Anabolic-Pump™.
  • Dramatically reduce body fat while gaining layers of muscle - Previously impossible without Anabolic Steroids - Not anymore due to this incredible extract - Average fat loss in our test subjects is an amazing 5.2 lbs in first 14 days!
  • Develop "Unbreakable" levels of focus and energy - Blast through set after set without getting tired - Think how much better each and every workout will be!
  • Rapidly delivers Proteins, Amino Acids and Carbohydrates directly into muscle tissue - No more wasted food - Guaranteed Size & Strength!
  • Inhibits fat cells from multiplying - Try to get fat on this - I dare you!
  • Ingredients are 100% Safe & Effective - Proven in Double-Blind Human Studies!
  • So powerful, ingredients in Anabolic-Pump™ are Patent Pending!
  • Engorge your muscles with massive amounts of nutrient-rich blood - Force your muscle cells to get bigger…and bigger…and bigger…
  • Enjoy HUGE, skin-busting pumps all day long - even on off days…Way better than anything ever produced, including NO-type products - You will literally feel your muscles getting bigger before your eyes!
  • Significantly improves HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels by 25% & 35% respectively!
  • Antidotal evidence proves you can eat up to three times more carbs and still lose bodyfat while on Anabolic-Pump - Imagine a 300 gram carbs/day cutting diet - It's now possible
only the muscle gain and fat loss numbers seem out of whack. Outside of those first 2 bulletpoints, nothing else on the page seems totally unbelievable to me.

I guess a piece of my issue with this sort of marketing is that I believe this is what drives a lot of the 16-20 year olds into steroids. They try product A that tells them they'll gain 10lbs, and product b that says 7lbs and product c that says 12lbs etc. And off each one they get 1-2lbs (sometimes partially because their diet + training aren't perfect) but at this point they've spent months trying, and rather than believe that the products don't work as advertised (after all, its in writing, and look at all the testomonials) they blame themselves, call themselves a "hard gainer" and go to the dark side instead.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is fair, though one could hypothetically interpret it (and I believe was the original intention) as follows (comments in bold):

I'd be far happier if just the numbers portions were modified. of this whole chunk
  • Significantly increase muscle mass without changing your diet - Of those testers that gained muscle Most gain at least 7.3 pounds of muscle in the first 14 days taking Anabolic-Pump™.
  • Dramatically reduce body fat while gaining layers of muscle - Previously impossible without Anabolic Steroids - Not anymore due to this incredible extract - Average fat loss in our test subjects whom experienced adipose attenuationwas 5.2 lbs in first 14 days!
  • Develop "Unbreakable" levels of focus and energy - Blast through set after set without getting tired - Think how much better each and every workout will be!
  • Rapidly delivers Proteins, Amino Acids and Carbohydrates directly into muscle tissue - No more wasted food - Guaranteed Size & Strength!
  • Engorge your muscles with massive amounts of nutrient-rich blood - Force your muscle cells to get bigger…and bigger…and bigger…
  • Enjoy HUGE, skin-busting pumps all day long - even on off days…Way better than anything ever produced, including NO-type products - You will literally feel your muscles getting bigger before your eyes!
  • Significantly improves HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels by 25% & 35% respectively!
  • Antidotal evidence proves you can eat up to three times more carbs and still lose bodyfat while on Anabolic-Pump - Imagine a 300 gram carbs/day cutting diet - It's now possible
only the muscle gain and fat loss numbers seem out of whack. Outside of those first 2 bulletpoints, nothing else on the page seems totally unbelievable to me.
I feel that is more accurate, and could be validated by anecdotal feedback and beta-testing. The insinuation that both are occurring simultaneously in all but extreme cases (i.e., the extreme obese) necessarily cannot be - that being said, I am not sure the implication that they are mutually inclusive was the intention.

I guess a piece of my issue with this sort of marketing is that I believe this is what drives a lot of the 16-20 year olds into steroids. They try product A that tells them they'll gain 10lbs, and product b that says 7lbs and product c that says 12lbs etc. And off each one they get 1-2lbs (sometimes partially because their diet + training aren't perfect) but at this point they've spent months trying, and rather than believe that the products don't work as advertised (after all, its in writing, and look at all the testomonials) they blame themselves, call themselves a "hard gainer" and go to the dark side instead.
That is fair.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
  • Significantly increase muscle mass without changing your diet - Most people gain at least 7.3 pounds of muscle in the first 14 days taking Anabolic-Pump™.
  • Dramatically reduce body fat while gaining layers of muscle - Previously impossible without Anabolic Steroids - Not anymore due to this incredible extract - Average fat loss in our test subjects is an amazing 5.2 lbs in first 14 days!

I say that perhaps a disclaimer would be sufficient....

"results will vary with proper diet and training"

Although I would think that it would be common knowledge, in 2008, to work on diet and training...there just is not enough evidence to convince me that there is NO ONE around these kids ANY DAY OF THE WEEK that can not tell them that said product may not work well unless you get proper rest and proper food intake...and if there isnt' then I do feel for these people that are floating through life in this manner. (if you see someone that needs help, for goodness sake, help them. If they won't listen, oh well, that's their decision.

I have a 16 year old nephew, and a 13 year old niece that knows there is no "magic non-hormonal pill" without proper foods and rest ...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say that perhaps a disclaimer would be sufficient....

"results will vary with proper diet and training"

Although I would think that it would be common knowledge, in 2008, to work on diet and training...there just is not enough evidence to convince me that there is NO ONE around these kids ANY DAY OF THE WEEK that can not tell them that said product may not work well unless you get proper rest and proper food intake...and if there isnt' then I do feel for these people that are floating through life in this manner. (if you see someone that needs help, for goodness sake, help them. If they won't listen, oh well, that's their decision.

I have a 16 year old nephew, and a 13 year old niece that knows there is no "magic non-hormonal pill" without proper foods and rest ...
I dunno, I do demos handing out samples at Vitamin Shoppe stores, and i've had 135lb 5'10 20 year olds asking me where they can buy needles.... And watched 18 year olds buy decavol from AMS, and other hormonal products. I think that maybe your example has helped show them that, but sadly plenty of kids dont have a decent role model. I ask them about what their diet is like and the answer is always "I eat everything I can" but can't give specifics of even the day before. It bothers me, as at that age protein from whole foods is all you need.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I dunno, I do demos handing out samples at Vitamin Shoppe stores, and i've had 135lb 5'10 20 year olds asking me where they can buy needles.... And watched 18 year olds buy decavol from AMS, and other hormonal products. I think that maybe your example has helped show them that, but sadly plenty of kids dont have a decent role model. I ask them about what their diet is like and the answer is always "I eat everything I can" but can't give specifics of even the day before. It bothers me, as at that age protein from whole foods is all you need.
yeah when i worked at VS i had 12-14 year olds coming in and asking for steroids. people coming in asked us to inject. it was nuts and extremely disappointing

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the one dude asking me where to buy needles freaked me out. I've seen ethiopians with more muscle mass. I told him to buy a shotglass and do a shot of olive oil with each meal to get some decent calories in him. I'm sure he didn't listen. He had a preloaded syringe with the full cycle worth of test in it(something like 20ml, so had to be a huge damn syringe), with no needle for it. bought it off some jackass at his gym, not sure exactly what test ester was in it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
the one dude asking me where to buy needles freaked me out. I've seen ethiopians with more muscle mass. I told him to buy a shotglass and do a shot of olive oil with each meal to get some decent calories in him. I'm sure he didn't listen. He had a preloaded syringe with the full cycle worth of test in it(something like 20ml, so had to be a huge damn syringe), with no needle for it. bought it off some jackass at his gym, not sure exactly what test ester was in it.
wow. dumbass. hopefully he didnt inject all 20mL at once thinking he was supposed to...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's just crazy. You'd think they would have some common sense about putting stuff into their body, they're probably still living with their parents. I don't get why guys at the gym would ven sell that stuff to them.
I'm still thinking 23-25 for anything PH, and perhaps even later depending on my natural gains.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Well, as I said, you appear to simply be a non-responder; in addition, I do not know which meals specifically you used the product with. If you had spoken to me before, I would have eliminated all possibilities of negative response based on your perceived Insulin metabolism, diet, and training, and constructed what - in my eyes - would have been a successful protocol. It is somewhat difficult after the fact, and suggesting alternatives may appear as if I am discounting your knowledge and experience.
I agree, that it might be kind of hard on you to ask after-the-fact questions, but..

just trying to see if we can add any useful information to the thread:

If I can now give you some complete examples of meals, would you be able to offer any tips? I don't vary meals much, I had predetermined ones that get measured fairly accurately, so that's not a problem for me to post/reconstruct.

I still have a week of product to use, you know. Maybe you can turn this sucker around?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, that it might be kind of hard on you to ask after-the-fact questions, but..

just trying to see if we can add any useful information to the thread:

If I can now give you some complete examples of meals, would you be able to offer any tips? I don't vary meals much, I had predetermined ones that get measured fairly accurately, so that's not a problem for me to post/reconstruct.

I still have a week of product to use, you know. Maybe you can turn this sucker around?
I could most definitely offer a few postulates as to why you did not respond. Firstly, though, how would you rate your carbohydrate metabolism, historically? (On a scale of 1-10, 1 being extremely poor and predisposed to adipose gain, 10 being almost non-responsive).

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I do totally understand your concerns on this issue; it's a product that did nothing for you. But, am I alone in understanding that this is the internet, and this is probably not the only thread on the internet which is geared toward the same goal ... also, with the popularity of the product, I would guess that more and more non responders and poor responders are going to pop up...some with valid reasoning, some with poor attempts at usage.

Basically, Im sure those issues have been brought up at head quarters before; I am POSITIVE that this is not the only instance of arguments against, nor for the product.
So it would seem to be slightly useless for him to report back this thread to the "boss" especially when this is a public issue , not something that was stumbled upon 2 hours ago.
Good point, but if you truncate often enough, you'll be missing a lot of data after a while.

I'd be content with knowing I'm a small statistic pending in a future report rather than nothing at all.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established

hard to say what really happens to the average person who turns to supplements to help them
we're all somewhat more informed than the average person here

was this the general impression you get from people coming on the board asking for help with some prohormone that obviously had no idea?

edit: jeez I just read your stories, that's kind of eye-opening

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good point, but if you truncate often enough, you'll be missing a lot of data after a while.

I'd be content with knowing I'm a small statistic pending in a future report rather than nothing at all.
If it eases your concern, I do bi-monthly reports that cover every aspect of our operation: Forum traffic, consumer concerns, product performance, representative performance and so on; I try to keep a fairly keen eye on all aspects pertinent to USP Labs. I also do my best to track response vs., non-response in threads exactly such as this one. That is why I reply in threads, regardless of the eventual outcome of the user.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
If it eases your concern, I do bi-monthly reports that cover every aspect of our operation: Forum traffic, consumer concerns, product performance, representative performance and so on; I try to keep a fairly keen eye on all aspects pertinent to USP Labs. I also do my best to track response vs., non-response in threads exactly such as this one. That is why I reply in threads, regardless of the eventual outcome of the user.
cool beans

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I could most definitely offer a few postulates as to why you did not respond. Firstly, though, how would you rate your carbohydrate metabolism, historically? (On a scale of 1-10, 1 being extremely poor and predisposed to adipose gain, 10 being almost non-responsive).
3 or 4

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Here's an example meal that I use AP with.
Typical Meal #5 out of 6:

6oz pork: 31.5g protein, 9g fat, 198 calories
1 fish oil cap: 1g fat, 8 calories
1 cup whole wheat pasta: 50g carbs, 9g protein, 2g fat, 252 calories
a little pasta sauce, some minced garlic, a half inch slice of eggplant, handful of broccoli: maybe 1g fat & 5g carbs, 28 calories

all mixed together for a total of:
40.5g protein
55g carbs
13g fat
486 calories

I took 1 AP cap at 5:17, prepared the meal, and started eating at 5:35.
I'm also taking 3 tabs of orange triad with this meal, if that matters.
Still eating here at 5:45, probably will be another few minutes of chewing.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's an example meal that I use AP with.
Typical Meal #5 out of 6:

6oz pork: 31.5g protein, 9g fat, 198 calories
1 fish oil cap: 1g fat, 8 calories
1 cup whole wheat pasta: 50g carbs, 9g protein, 2g fat, 252 calories
a little pasta sauce, some minced garlic, a half inch slice of eggplant, handful of broccoli: maybe 1g fat & 5g carbs, 28 calories

total of:
40.5g protein
55g carbs
13g fat
486 calories

I took 1 AP cap at 5:17, prepared the meal, and started eating at 5:35.
I'm also taking 3 tabs of orange triad with this meal, if that matters.
Still eating here at 5:45, probably will be another few minutes of chewing.
Well, as you said you are predisposed to adipose gain from CHO intake, I would have suggested you starting out with both lower AP-specific CHO (carbohydrates in the meals you eat AP with) and your macronutrient profile (total CHO intake). If that did not produce any type of substantive result, I would have suggested a fasted cardiovascular training/resistance training protocol that has worked quite well for many people.

Inefficient Insulin Metabolism and/or lowered Triiodothyronine production/lowered Thyroxine conversion are usually the most immediate causes for a lack of efficient glucose metabolism; that being said, there are so many enzyme groups, receptor/receptor subsets involved in the digestion and ultimate mitochondrial utilization of glucose that it is hard to identify a definite cause. Though, I suppose, that is a very microscopic view of the issue, and the aforementioned pathways are the most likely macroscopic pathways which would mediate your issue.

Options would have been: a) to alter your diet and training in order to utilize the anti-lipolytic rather than the MGU (muscle glucose uptake) capacities of AP; b) continue administration, in the hopes your body was still acclimated itself to Berberine. Obviously, b) is out of the question, and a) has already passed. Those are my thoughts, though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm so you think fasted resistance training while under a low carb but cals over maintenance would work with ap pre-fasted resistance training for keeping fat down or even reducing total body fat lbs below starting? it would be interesting to try.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm so you think fasted resistance training while under a low carb but cals over maintenance would work with ap pre-fasted resistance training for keeping fat down or even reducing total body fat lbs below starting? it would be interesting to try.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/96784-b5150-transcending-agedness.html

Brian's success is a testament to the power of altering your lipid metabolism, and preferentially using energy through diet and supplementation. Brian has experience with anabolic compounds in the past, and in his own words:

As a res
ult of my own personal dedication and motivation, USPlabs products and Mullets previous protocols and counsel I am already in the greatest shape of my life. I am at the leanest and heaviest I have ever been. This was achieved with sub part intensity to due my injury which has reached about 85% recovered in strength and size.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm I have to look and see how much AP I have left :) Pslin's MOA is a bit different right and wouldnt likely work quite as well in that same scenario? I know I have more pslin left than AP

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Well, as you said you are predisposed to adipose gain from CHO intake, I would have suggested you starting out with both lower AP-specific CHO (carbohydrates in the meals you eat AP with) and your macronutrient profile (total CHO intake).
I started at 40g carbs with AP meals. I think it was in week 3 where my weight had remained steady for at least 7 days, so I added more carbs to get around 50g. Scale weight gain resumed at the price of fat gain. After week 5 is when it may have slid up closer to 55-60g (not as a reactive decision, more like a preemptive choice to not get stuck at a weight again)

If that did not produce any type of substantive result, I would have suggested a fasted cardiovascular training/resistance training protocol that has worked quite well for many people.
I've tried fasted resistance training in the past, and it didn't work well for me.
This wasn't with AP, though. And the diet/training routine parameters were quite different.

Inefficient Insulin Metabolism and/or lowered Triiodothyronine production/lowered Thyroxine conversion are usually the most immediate causes for a lack of efficient glucose metabolism; that being said, there are so many enzyme groups, receptor/receptor subsets involved in the digestion and ultimate mitochondrial utilization of glucose that it is hard to identify a definite cause. Though, I suppose, that is a very microscopic view of the issue, and the aforementioned pathways are the most likely macroscopic pathways which would mediate your issue.
This reminds me -- I forgot to mention that one of my "base supplements" is NOW Super Enzymes to help digestion. I've been taking one tab with every meal for long enough that I forget it's a supplement I guess. I'll edit OP to include this fact.

Options would have been: a) to alter your diet and training in order to utilize the anti-lipolytic rather than the MGU (muscle glucose uptake) capacities of AP; b) continue administration, in the hopes your body was still acclimated itself to Berberine. Obviously, b) is out of the question, and a) has already passed. Those are my thoughts, though.
That's fine if I'm SOL, but it might help someone else if you elaborate what the alterations involve. I'm also curious.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
The fasted resistance training is done after taking AP prior to workout?

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Steroids? Yeah I do steroids. I eat that ****ing *hit for breakfast lunch and dinner. PROTEIN! POWERBARS! HGH!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
That's a shame man, wow!

At least the person that sold it to him should have taken time to point him in some type of correct direction...

I remember that when my niece & nephew were just getting into that stage of awareness about appearance and what not, and my nephew asked me about some guy in a bodybuilding mag (i think he was 14)...i immediately began to show him different ways to improve on his physique and the importance of not getting self absorbed in his looks (even though, he had little idea why i was doing it) ... my niece just kind of picked up on it, she now is hard pressed to become an RN (little does she know the amount of studying it will contain) but im going to help and support her the whole way...at 13, I don't want to try to press to hard because kids must still be allowed to be kids.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, my oldest daughter is 12, and its hard because like most young girls, she wants to be a vetrinarian when she grows up to help sick and hurt animals (awwwww) but thats like the 12 year old boy wanting to be a fireman or cop or WWF wrestler :) So i have to walk that line between supportive, and trying to have her be open to thinking about other things

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started at 40g carbs with AP meals. I think it was in week 3 where my weight had remained steady for at least 7 days, so I added more carbs to get around 50g. Scale weight gain resumed at the price of fat gain. After week 5 is when it may have slid up closer to 55-60g (not as a reactive decision, more like a preemptive choice to not get stuck at a weight again)

I've tried fasted resistance training in the past, and it didn't work well for me.
This wasn't with AP, though. And the diet/training routine parameters were quite different.

This reminds me -- I forgot to mention that one of my "base supplements" is NOW Super Enzymes to help digestion. I've been taking one tab with every meal for long enough that I forget it's a supplement I guess. I'll edit OP to include this fact.

That's fine if I'm SOL, but it might help someone else if you elaborate what the alterations involve. I'm also curious.
Alterations would be to utilize AP in conjunction with fasted states of resistance training - i.e., morning training (isotonics: Weight Lifting) and/or cardiovascular training, and/or ingesting AP without carbohydrates prior to training. Check out the link I posted; Brian did very well with it.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Alterations would be to utilize AP in conjunction with fasted states of resistance training - i.e., morning training (isotonics: Weight Lifting) and/or cardiovascular training, and/or ingesting AP without carbohydrates prior to training. Check out the link I posted; Brian did very well with it.
I would have never thought of that.

Will there be some supplemental material to add on to the AP Manual?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have never thought of that.

Will there be some supplemental material to add on to the AP Manual?
In terms of fasted states of resistance training? In that context, unfortunately, no. I feel that would merely confuse the general populous in order to serve a majority; though, I feel it is a highly successful protocol for those with already slightly deficient Insulin Metabolism (such as yourself).

I explain these effect in-depth in B5150's log. If you have not read it yet, it is worth the few minutes. The results he achieves even surpassed my expectations. Keep in mind, this was after he had approached me with the exact same issue as yourself.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I mean, does this AP + fasted training still fit with my original goal of adding strength/size and minimizing fat gain? Or is this meant more for fat reduction?

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
In terms of fasted states of resistance training? In that context, unfortunately, no. I feel that would merely confuse the general populous in order to serve a majority; though, I feel it is a highly successful protocol for those with already slightly deficient Insulin Metabolism (such as yourself).

I explain these effect in-depth in B5150's log. If you have not read it yet, it is worth the few minutes. The results he achieves even surpassed my expectations. Keep in mind, this was after he had approached me with the exact same issue as yourself.
I'll see if I can read through it during the week.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mean, does this AP + fasted training still fit with my original goal of adding strength/size and minimizing fat gain? Or is this meant more for fat reduction?
Both. Brian experienced a significant recomposition effect, while gaining strength almost every single workout. The thread is really incredibly informational. Rather than regurgitate, I will direct you to the first page; it contains all of the pertinent, scientific explanations for why it works.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Interesting... I will also read some more on that. I have some AP laying around so it is worth a shot.

Question(kinda ot, but not really) i have been using pslin 15min prior to the end of my training, immedietly post workout i consume 70g carbs, and 30min later i ingest 50g more carbs. Would i benifit from taking the pslin pre-workout rather then waiting till i am near the end?

Ares

Ares

Banned
Awards
Isn't Anabolic Pump (AP) proclaimed to be the "Genetic Equalizer!"?

So, either AP does not live up to the claims as a "genetic equalizer", or Mr. bitterplacebo is an Aryan with superior genes. Right now I am going to have concur with the former until I can get some DNA verification that bitterplacebo has superior genes.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting... I will also read some more on that. I have some AP laying around so it is worth a shot.

Question(kinda ot, but not really) i have been using pslin 15min prior to the end of my training, immedietly post workout i consume 70g carbs, and 30min later i ingest 50g more carbs. Would i benifit from taking the pslin pre-workout rather then waiting till i am near the end?
With P-Slin, I would use it prior and increase your CHO intake. How do you respond to P-Slin? I find most AP non-responders do quite well with P-Slin.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
With P-Slin, I would use it prior and increase your CHO intake. How do you respond to P-Slin? I find most AP non-responders do quite well with P-Slin.
I can't really give an honest opinion yet, as i don't feel i have used it enough, and never used it pre-wo in it's intended fashion.

My only carbs come post workout. I consume no carbs throughout the day, or on non training(cardio) days. I am going to try AP on my fasted cardio and see how that works out for me.

Thanks for the insight.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So, either AP does not live up to the claims as a "genetic equalizer", or Mr. bitterplacebo is an Aryan with superior genes. Right now I am going to have concur with the former until I can get some DNA verification that bitterplacebo has superior genes.
I just figured something out. He does in fact have superior jeans.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established

I've been
doing it wrong.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm thinking you missed it above, but would pslin (given its differences) be usable in a fasted preworkout situation as well? Or is its MOA different enough that it wouldnt work so well?

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking you missed it above, but would pslin (given its differences) be usable in a fasted preworkout situation as well? Or is its MOA different enough that it wouldnt work so well?
I think you still need to manipulate your CHO intake pre-WO to take advantage of it's MOA, but only in the case that you are an HSP and also an LSBD that recently visited PP on a HTB.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I would suggest against it. AP is applicable in that sense because it inhibits cellular respiration, and therefore allosterically activates AMPk; AMPk is the primary anti-lipolytic in AP, and achieves this through several very interesting mechanisms! In short, it vastly increases the hydrolyzation of stored WAT, and subsequent mitochondrial B-Oxidation of FAs/TGs. That achieves two effects, pertinent to our lifestyle:

a) Increased strength and stamina, as FA oxidation comprises 2/3 of the cellular energy transactions involved in resistance training.

b) Reduced adiposity.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, thats what i was thinking. pity, i guess i'll try it with what i have left in AP and then use neovar after im out. ill save the pslin for a full cycle

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, thats what i was thinking. pity, i guess i'll try it with what i have left in AP and then use neovar after im out. ill save the pslin for a full cycle
Well, unfortunately it is the ingredient AP and Neovar do not share that accomplishes that feat!