Anabolic Pump -- A Review by bitterplacebo

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Starting weight 190lbs 1-20-08 today 153lbs
Body Fat Changes - 1-20-08 estimate 15-18% - today 10%
Body Weight Changes 40lbs
DOSING OF YOUR PRODUCTS/LENGTH OF CYCLEBody Weight Changes 1 AP 15-30 min before carbs Recreate 2x day 2 months cycle.

here is my Prime log with some pics...
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/103640-prime-30day-log.html
1-20-08:

LBM: 158.65 lbs (remaining weight= 83.5% of 190 lbs)

Bodyfat Weight: 31.35 lbs. (based on the avg of your approximation -> (15%+18%)/2 = ~16.5% bodyfat initially)

9-20-08:

LBM: 135.00 lbs

Bodyfat Weight: 15.00 lbs.

...... Congratulations on your results. Awesome shredded abs!

However, are you convinced this would not be attainable without these products? It seems to me there's been no increase in LBM, but a significant decrease, rather . . So once again, AP did not increase or even maintain LBM in yet anothet scenario.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
1-20-08:

LBM: 158.65 lbs (remaining weight= 83.5% of 190 lbs)

Bodyfat Weight: 31.35 lbs. (based on the avg of your approximation -> (15%+18%)/2 = 16.5%)

9-20-08:

LBM: 135.00 lbs

Bodyfat Weight: 15.00 lbs.

...... Congratulations on your results. Awesome shredded abs!

However, are you convinced this would not be attainable without these products? It seems to me there's been no increase in LBM, but a significant decrease, rather . . So once again, AP did not increase or even maintain LBM in yet anothet scenario.
thats what i was looking at as well. no noticeable LBM increase. but as for the fat burning. congrats on that aspect!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I can add to this debate some what , also for the benefit of texaslifter, I'm almost through my second bottle of AP now, results become more apparent a third of the way into the second bottle. Leaning up now, abs more visible, but it is debatable whether LBM was maintained or increasing. I'd say I simply decreased fat through it's use. Also to see results into the 6th week is a bit expensive and perhaps a product like yellow gold etc may be more of an option for those on a tighter budget. I will be starting yellow gold in 2 weeks time and will comment again later. I am happy though with the results of AP, just wish they had come a little sooner. Also what must be added is that I did get the flu while using the first bottle, and this may have severely influenced the results.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
thats what i was looking at as well. no noticeable LBM increase. but as for the fat burning. congrats on that aspect!
Agreed.

Which is why I wish he wouldn't praise the products too much. He's obviously been HELLA dedicated since day #1. He's shredded, I'll give him that. But I see the Recreate (aka thermogenic/fat burning aspects of this stack), but with the decrease in LBM, AP has yet to impress me ..

vikinginc + 1 bottle AP = lil' Vic Martinez according to the ad.

:bruce3:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I can add to this debate some what , also for the benefit of texaslifter, I'm almost through my second bottle of AP now, results become more apparent a third of the way into the second bottle. Leaning up now, abs more visible, but it is debatable whether LBM was maintained or increasing. I'd say I simply decreased fat through it's use. Also to see results into the 6th week is a bit expensive and perhaps a product like yellow gold etc may be more of an option for those on a tighter budget. I will be starting yellow gold in 2 weeks time and will comment again later. I am happy though with the results of AP, just wish they had come a little sooner. Also what must be added is that I did get the flu while using the first bottle, and this may have severely influenced the results.
Any OUT OF THIS WORLD / all day long pumps ?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Agreed.

Which is why I wish he wouldn't praise the products too much. He's obviously been HELLA dedicated since day #1. He's shredded, I'll give him that. But I see the Recreate (aka thermogenic/fat burning aspects of this stack), but with the decrease in LBM, AP has yet to impress me ..

lmao. its a let down on AP no doubt, but i have all the other USP products right next to me to still run and give thoughts over. mullet, do you have any logs where there is a visible LBM increase with AP versus without AP of an average user? that is my interest, not the fat loss part. i burn fat like a freaking 427 big block with premium gas+added octane.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i used to get crazy pumps when I first used pslin, but not any more oddly enough. Kinda surprised. Never really got them from AP or yellow gold. Pondering trying a solid 2 month cycle of pslin soon

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
i used to get crazy pumps when I first used pslin, but not any more oddly enough. Kinda surprised. Never really got them from AP or yellow gold. Pondering trying a solid 2 month cycle of pslin soon
ohhhhh yes, I'd love to give that a go !!!

.. I'd love to do a little experiment .. PSlin for 30 days, doing 2 caps/day. Only carb-meals of the day is pre-workout meal following 15 minutes after PSLIN w/80-100grams complex cabs, and post-workout meal ALSO 15 minutes following PSLIN w/80-100 grams of protein. I work out in the early AM, meaning my ONLY time for carb consumption would be the first two out of 7 meals of the day. Then continue on with low cal/med fat/high protein the remaining meals of the day.

Easy, what you think ? :think:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i have some Pslin. im interested in trying it, but am afraid it will be like AP

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
i have some Pslin. im interested in trying it, but am afraid it will be like AP
Have no doubt, it'a a power of a different dimension.

A friend gave me one blister pack mid August. 10 caps. I took it for ten consecutive days prior to my pre-workout Sludge, and I loved the increased fullness/pump I got. AND being able to choke down 80-100 grams carbs 90 minutes pre-workout, and STILL not feel stuffed; not that's something !

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Have no doubt, it'a a power of a different dimension.

A friend gave me one blister pack mid August. 10 caps. I took it for ten consecutive days prior to my pre-workout Sludge, and I loved the increased fullness/pump I got. AND being able to choke down 80-100 grams carbs 90 minutes pre-workout, and STILL not feel stuffed; not that's something !
guess i will have to use it once my tailbone heals and you find out more info for me about golds :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think 2 pslin is likely unnecessary, and wont give any additional benefit taken that close together. Like a lot of things, I think you peak out at a certain point and a single pslin is pretty close to that point for a 4 or so hour span it feels like. So hard to say going by feel, but taking another (or an AP or Neovar) within 4 hours or so of pslin doesn't seem to have significant extra effect.

Taking it directly at the same time does seem to make it come on faster, but not necessarily stronger. I've taken (pre cheat meal) as much as 1 pslin, 1 ap and 6 neovar or alternately 2 pslin and 4 neovar, or 2 ap and 6 neovar, and none was noticeably stronger than taking a single pslin by itself. When I say pre cheat meal, I mean pre-cold stone creamery :D

smn1

smn1

Awards
Agreed.

I know that I noticed a change in my body after the first bottles of AP and recreate... They have helped me decrease body fat...
First pic is Pre -AP and recreate at 150lbs...
In Both of these Pics I am at 150lbs ....
So I would say I lost BF while increasing LBM...
plus remember I am 41 so my body has slowed down and I would guess my test levels are very low...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I know that I noticed a change in my body after the first bottles of AP and recreate... They have helped me decrease body fat...
First pic is Pre -AP and recreate at 150lbs...
In Both of these Pics I am at 150lbs ....
So I would say I lost BF while increasing LBM...
plus remember I am 41 so my body has slowed down and I would guess my test levels are very low...

lighting is different which may also play a big impact but i do see some oblique differences as well as your inner pec. both are taken same time of day? same eating patterns, ect?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, wait, I thought you started AP/Recreate at 193lbs?

smn1

smn1

Awards
lighting is different which may also play a big impact but i do see some oblique differences as well as your inner pec. both are taken same time of day? same eating patterns, ect?
I have been on the same diet for the past 9 months..
All I know is AP and recreate have worked wonders for me....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry for the confusion.. I started AP and recreate at 150lbs.
at or around June of this year. I am currently on my 3rd bottle of AP...
And you are on the same diet the whole time? what sort of carbs are you taking in that you lost 40+lbs in 4 months but are seeing gains with AP? since most people go with lowered carbs in heavy weight loss situation.

smn1

smn1

Awards
And you are on the same diet the whole time? what sort of carbs are you taking in that you lost 40+lbs in 4 months but are seeing gains with AP? since most people go with lowered carbs in heavy weight loss situation.
I get my carbs now from oatmeal and veggies vs white bread, potatoes and sugar... Plus I do zero cardio work... I take AP 15min before carbs and that is in the 75-100g range

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I have been on the same diet for the past 9 months..
All I know is AP and recreate have worked wonders for me....

So.. were you EVER @ 190-193 lbs?

Your statement 'all I know is AP and Recreate have worked wonders for me' makes it sound like you're cashing in - KA-CHING - from USPlabs for repping them. It literally sounds like the stereotypical sales pitch. 'I don't know what it is, or what I'm doing, but AP/Recreate works for me' .. hmm.. take that comment however you may feel, but I'm just acknowledging what that sounded like .. (saying " i dont know what is is...' makes it seem like you just don't want to go into more details of the usage..)

And you're doing 1 cap AP prior to ~100 grams of complex carbs three times daily ? ... I've never seen a higher carb intake with AP .. nonetheless for a ~150 lbs'er.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
"Starting weight 190lbs 1-20-08 today 153lbs
DOSING OF YOUR PRODUCTS/LENGTH OF CYCLEBody Weight Changes 1 AP 15-30 min before carbs Recreate 2x day 2 months cycle"

Where was this 40 lbs bodyweight change? When did that happen..

Where were you at when you BEGAN AP/Recreate ?

I have NO idea why you'd tell me that you began @ bodyweight of 190 lbs in Jan, and that's when ya began the stack .. OBVIOUSLY, since you began AP/Recreate in JUNE as you're saying now, i'd love to hear of the results you got AFTER beginning it. NOT SINCE JANUARY WHEN YOU BEGAN DIETING !!!!!!

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
My point was more when people do make outlandish positive remarks, there is no need for clearing them up with "its my opinion" or "for me" etc, but when they are negative, they need to be explained.
Exactly.

Let the reviews fall as they may.

It seems like you have something to hide if you need to spin a negative review like that and argue about the definition of "holy grail"... which I disagree with you about too, by the way.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
What if any variations might one see relative to age. Just curious

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get my carbs now from oatmeal and veggies vs white bread, potatoes and sugar... Plus I do zero cardio work... I take AP 15min before carbs and that is in the 75-100g range
And thats the way you were eating from 190 down to 150 too?

So as you know, i'm not trying to poke a hole, i'm trying to figure out if i can apply whatever you did to myself :) but i need to understand it first.

smn1

smn1

Awards
"Starting weight 190lbs 1-20-08 today 153lbs
DOSING OF YOUR PRODUCTS/LENGTH OF CYCLEBody Weight Changes 1 AP 15-30 min before carbs Recreate 2x day 2 months cycle"

Where was this 40 lbs bodyweight change? When did that happen..

Where were you at when you BEGAN AP/Recreate ?

I have NO idea why you'd tell me that you began @ bodyweight of 190 lbs in Jan, and that's when ya began the stack .. OBVIOUSLY, since you began AP/Recreate in JUNE as you're saying now, i'd love to hear of the results you got AFTER beginning it. NOT SINCE JANUARY WHEN YOU BEGAN DIETING !!!!!!
As I stated in a previous post sorry for the confusion....
Sorry I miss misinterpreted your original question....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
And thats the way you were eating from 190 down to 150 too?

So as you know, i'm not trying to poke a hole, i'm trying to figure out if i can apply whatever you did to myself :) but i need to understand it first.
:think: me too.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
do you have any other poses to compare...because just from looking at your front it looks as if you lost fat (no doubt), but im not seeing much muscle gain...other than the inner pecs as mentioned before. Now earlier you stated you were 153 when starting the USP products...so that means your 150 exactly now?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
As I stated in a previous post sorry for the confusion....
Sorry I miss misinterpreted your original question....
Not a problem at all, man..

Bottomline, man, fantastic results ! Whether it be the supplements, the diet, your training regime, or whatever .. it worked.

But, to summarize it. .

Since you BEGAN Anabolic Pump & Recreate in June, what are your before/after stats, etc ?

Keep it up !

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Before AP:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCNOR9XI8VI"]YouTube - Front Shoulder Press[/ame]

HERE'S ME AFTER MY FIRST SERVING OF AP ! .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvPezBU-EhI"]YouTube - Dennis Wolf - FIBO 2008-04-13[/ame]

.. 'nuff said ! ;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly.

Let the reviews fall as they may.

It seems like you have something to hide if you need to spin a negative review like that and argue about the definition of "holy grail"... which I disagree with you about too, by the way.
Sorry for the abruptness of this post, but I feel I was being rather democratic and balanced in my approach. Some supplements work in particular manners for some, and not in others: This is not a sales pitch, but rather reality.

The argument about "Holy Grail" was being made in jest; however, with that being said, I appreciate both the depth and breadth of your sense of humor, as well as the addition of your opinion on a comical and playful Philosophical discussion.

:)

EDIT: Sorry to edit, but I just read your post again and LOL'ed. Do you really believe my customer rapport tactic is to Phenomenologically delineate the meaning of a word? Or therein, to divert said attention away from the product by virtue of that same tactic? My initial comment praised him for his view; it displays inevitable non-response, which is an unfortunate aspect of supplementation - nothing to hide, there.

smn1

smn1

Awards
do you have any other poses to compare...because just from looking at your front it looks as if you lost fat (no doubt), but im not seeing much muscle gain...other than the inner pecs as mentioned before. Now earlier you stated you were 153 when starting the USP products...so that means your 150 exactly now?
Remember I am 41 now and it will be a little harder than a 18 year old to gain mass, even though I look better than 90% of 20 year olds... plus no help from some gear...
Traps are also bigger I think....pics shown are both at 150lbs.
I had been at 150lbs for the past 3 1/2 months.
Since I have been on prime for 12 days I am up 3 pounds.
I am 153lbs as of today...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. I'm going with that one, then.

I find it fascinating.
Holy Grail: why are you so elusive?
Sorry, what in my commentary is elusive? That is an honest question. What do you want me to answer?

I have seen you continual ask for the definition of a Holy Grail, and I was under the impression it was comical.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. I'm going with that one, then.

I find it fascinating.
Holy Grail: why are you so elusive?
Since this user is no longer online, could somebody else clarify his intent? I am unsure what the motive of his post is, and therefore don't necessarily understand why I am being elusive.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Remember I am 41 now and it will be a little harder than a 18 year old to gain mass, even though I look better than 90% of 20 year olds... plus no help from some gear...
Traps are also bigger I think....pics shown are both at 150lbs.
I had been at 150lbs for the past 3 1/2 months.
Since I have been on prime for 12 days I am up 3 pounds.
I am 153lbs as of today...
my dad is 50 and works out with me when i am at home from college which i currently am because of hurricane. but yes i will say great body for your age as most have bear guts. also, Not everyone here uses gear BTW. but i can see some possible trap growth as well as the pecs and definition in your obliques, but then again it may be the lighting. i thought i read somewhere you started at 153 on page 2? Im not trying to offend you or anything...you did a hell of a job with the fat burning. Im just trying to figure out where the muscle mass gain was dominant.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, what in my commentary is elusive? That is an honest question. What do you want me to answer?

I have seen you continual ask for the definition of a Holy Grail, and I was under the impression it was comical.
It is. I've been laughing about it the whole time.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Since this user is no longer online, could somebody else clarify his intent? I am unsure what the motive of his post is, and therefore don't necessarily understand why I am being elusive.
I was asking the Holy Grail the question, not you.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
This user is now offline for the day.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
what do you mean...variations? Somewhat vague...at least to me
Certain supps tend to work differently in someone who is your age versus someone in their 30's, 40's or 50's. For instance trib made me harder than chinese math but it seems to do little or nothing for some younger guys.

I'm presently considering either AP or P-slin so, I was just wondering about relative results in people around my age.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Certain supps tend to work differently in someone who is your age versus someone in their 30's, 40's or 50's. For instance trib made me harder than chinese math but it seems to do little or nothing for some younger guys.

I'm presently considering either AP or P-slin so, I was just wondering about relative results in people around my age.

im sure mullet could answer this better than i can. but I think AP or Pslin with work good for anyone. not because of age, but because of insulin sensitivity

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Generally speaking, that would be considered fraudulent advertising. Geico can't say "the average person saved $xxx switching from allstate to us" unless it was true
Well, like I stated, i would market it as a great product while leaving out the part about the non responders ...

For example:

45 people take product X, while 15 had no response, 30 had great responses, so Im swinging on those 30, not the 15. I am not telling a flat out lie when I say that 30 people had great results using product x, that is the flat out truth.

We have no idea what the drive was behind Ap having an ad such as the one mentioned in the mag. My guess would be to spark interest, maybe? But i am positive that the effects/results which the write up mentions is based on the very BEST responders of the product while leaving out the ones who had no response or very little. It's not fraudulent; they just didn't include certain information

I've had a few people who have tried some of my marketing tactics and products and have had great success selling the ideas behind them. Some have made a couple of hundred a month, some have pulled in $4,000 in a month, yet when I market any idea it goes out as "make 2,000 a month working 2 hrs a day" or something that catches the eye such as that, but only because I know people that have ACTUALLY done it.

True, it's rare, and I've only seen it happen, like, once or twice, but it has still happened. So it gets marketed as the "next big deal"

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
SMN1, so what your saying is that since you started ap that you have lost about 3 lbs? You were at 153 when you began, now your at 150?

You've done a great job since january. I'll say that much for you. What were you using from January-June, just a solid diet?