All these "dry cutting cycles" might be less than optimal

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1206168?query=featured_home

"The amount of testosterone required to maintain lean mass, fat mass, strength, and sexual function varied widely in men. Androgen deficiency accounted for decreases in lean mass, muscle size, and strength; estrogen deficiency primarily accounted for increases in body fat; and both contributed to the decline in sexual function. Our findings support changes in the approach to evaluation and management of hypogonadism in men."

I am starting to think that dry cycles are only for the look. Yeah lowered estrogen "looks" leaner but it might be that if your plan in to cut over a period of time, you want a decent amount of estrogen to make this happen.

This also makes sense with dry cycle finishers. Once all the fat has been burned you can drop the estrogen to reduce the water being held there making it seem like there is even less fat.

It might just be that the "bloating" that estrogen and GH cause are actually related to the increased metabolism in fat. After all, if you were to burn fat efficiently, youd want a large and steady flow of blood to the area so that fatty acids can be transported out and into any muscle that might need it. This would make it seem as if the fat area has increased in size (and therefor fat content) but this might just be something you should accept as part of the fat burning process so that down the line the total fat mass decreases better.

Please enlighten me if I am mistaken.