A new chapter...RickRock's path on the "DARK SIDE" begins...

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
rick i think i feel the same way!! i had my first dc workout today with bis forearms hams quads and calves and needless to say i left the gym waddling lol but forreal i really do like it im gonna write down all my reps with the weight i use and see what im lifting for what reps in about a month to see if im getting stronger, been plateaued for a little while now and i think this is just the thing that ive been searching for:) you should pm me 1 or 2 of your routines:) i just wanna get an idea of what other people are doing that use dc training!

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
rick i think i feel the same way!! i had my first dc workout today with bis forearms hams quads and calves and needless to say i left the gym waddling lol but forreal i really do like it im gonna write down all my reps with the weight i use and see what im lifting for what reps in about a month to see if im getting stronger, been plateaued for a little while now and i think this is just the thing that ive been searching for:) you should pm me 1 or 2 of your routines:) i just wanna get an idea of what other people are doing that use dc training!
I guess it'll take time seeing how much weight to drop each set so u can make all your reps.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Have you read anything about DC training?(serious question). The bolded makes me think you haven't.

I don't wanna clutter up Rick's thread with DC talk, but I hate to see people doing the program wrong, or just not fully grasping the details of it.

I guess it'll take time seeing how much weight to drop each set so u can make all your reps.
What do you mean dropping weight each set?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Have you read anything about DC training?(serious question). The bolded makes me think you haven't.

I don't wanna clutter up Rick's thread with DC talk, but I hate to see people doing the program wrong, or just not fully grasping the details of it.

What do you mean dropping weight each set?

I actually commented on his thread that he should speak to you hehe (through PM not hijacking Rick's epic thread!)...Did not really tell him I felt it was off, thought you could give him a proper approach hehe...I've not done it myself , BUT I did read all the info Frank Gave out and many more on my own xD this is hard big boy stuff...And should be studied a lot before applied :p

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
i read the blog and more on the intensemuscle forum, today when i did each exercise i did 3 warmup sets, not taxing myself, then when i did the actual SET, i did heavy weight, all the rep ranges i got off the forum/blog as far as the rest pause sets, except for quads and calves i believe? but for example with biceps today i did the seated preacher curl, first set i did 8 reps, took 15 deep breaths, pulled out 4 more reps, then 2, concentrating on negatives every rep and exploding on my positives but keeping good form, what do you think im missing though? i pmed you we can continue talking via pm so we dont clutter the thread like you said, sorry rick :X

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good deal, Ricky.

Now that that's addressed, PUT UP A PICTURE OF YOUR SUNGLASSES!

I shouldn't have to ask twice :aargh:
I will get that for you tonight buddy! :hug:

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As for DC....I am in love with it already. I will have a full update later on with details, but I think this may be the equivalent of when I first started IF. The beginning of a beautiful long lasting relationship between me and DC :)
Seriously? Now let's say if you weren't on aas(only been 4 days I know)? Doing one set for that bodypart a day freaks me out. I feel like I'll deflate. The more you a holes talk about it tho the more I think I want to try it... I'm going to have to unsubscribe and avoid this thread lol

Needless to say I've been silently watching you guys from a distance not saying anything, just watching.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Seriously? Now let's say if you weren't on aas(only been 4 days I know)? Doing one set for that bodypart a day freaks me out. I feel like I'll deflate. The more you a holes talk about it tho the more I think I want to try it... I'm going to have to unsubscribe and avoid this thread lol

Needless to say I've been silently watching you guys from a distance not saying anything, just watching.
My progress in the past year following DC (haven't taken any AAS/PHs, only diet and nutrition) has been worlds above the previous 3 years, wherein I was doing the standard 2-4 exercises per body part. As a matter of fact, I kind of see the previous 3 years as a waste. I'm glad they let me develop the strength I needed to execute DC effectively, but I really never grew. Trust me, if you go balls-to-the-wall on the set for your respective muscles, you will not be deflating - quite the opposite. You should not have the ABILITY to do another movement for that muscle group after your main RP movement.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards

That's a good point. I thought all 3 sets were all out with 14-21 reps, not just 3 warm up sets and 1 all out set, that doesn't really seem like much at all.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My progress in the past year following DC (haven't taken any AAS/PHs, only diet and nutrition) has been worlds above the previous 3 years, wherein I was doing the standard 2-4 exercises per body part. As a matter of fact, I kind of see the previous 3 years as a waste. I'm glad they let me develop the strength I needed to execute DC effectively, but I really never grew. Trust me, if you go balls-to-the-wall on the set for your respective muscles, you will not be deflating - quite the opposite. You should not have the ABILITY to do another movement for that muscle group after your main RP movement.
Seriously super tempted... Fug making this a really difficult decision. Maybe I'll make a DC thread if there isn't one. You really think it's that great for picking on mass?

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
valdez and dr.stri8ed, when i first started reading about dc thats how i felt too, because honestly that type of workout was all i was used too, but with the rest pause sets and heavy weight youre exerting everything you POSSIBLY can, and in a years time youre actually working the bodyparts more than say once a week if youre doing a bodypart per day, so it means more mass and strength gains. id suggest reading the dc blog as well as the stuff on doggpound on intensemuscles forum its all about the dc training stuff

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
valdez and dr.stri8ed, when i first started reading about dc thats how i felt too, because honestly that type of workout was all i was used too, but with the rest pause sets and heavy weight youre exerting everything you POSSIBLY can, and in a years time youre actually working the bodyparts more than say once a week if youre doing a bodypart per day, so it means more mass and strength gains. id suggest reading the dc blog as well as the stuff on doggpound on intensemuscles forum its all about the dc training stuff
What if I'm already training legs twice a week? That's the only bodypart I'm concerned with.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's a good point. I thought all 3 sets were all out with 14-21 reps, not just 3 warm up sets and 1 all out set, that doesn't really seem like much at all.
The set is "rest paused" it is "one set" but really comprised of 3 "mini" sets.

Ie. Pick up 120lb db's do 12 reps(fail) take 15 DEEP breaths....do 5 reps(fail) take 15 deep breaths...do 2 reps(fail). DONE. Then you can do a static hold, and stretch, and you are done. BUT you are hitting chest again a few days later.

What if I'm already training legs twice a week? That's the only bodypart I'm concerned with.
Legs are done with a heavy set, and then a 20 rep widowmaker(which is a heavy weight you can get for like 12 reps, but you grind out 20, 1 by 1). Your legs will be fine. ;)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool will go there and possibly start a thread here... Thanks guys for the info still on the fence on this one sorry for the derailment...

Back on track

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
The set is "rest paused" it is "one set" but really comprised of 3 "mini" sets.

Ie. Pick up 120lb db's do 12 reps(fail) take 15 DEEP breaths....do 5 reps(fail) take 15 deep breaths...do 2 reps(fail). DONE. Then you can do a static hold, and stretch, and you are done. BUT you are hitting chest again a few days later.

Legs are done with a heavy set, and then a 20 rep widowmaker(which is a heavy weight you can get for like 12 reps, but you grind out 20, 1 by 1). Your legs will be fine. ;)
Ok gotcha bro, thanks for clearing that up.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
It doesn't until you do it... imo study it and try it. I spent about 6 total hours studying it last night, another hour today and applied it. One word after quads and hammys... wheel chair. Frank, rick and i can't remember the other guys name that actually linked the info.. THANK YOU for opening my eyes to this again.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
yeah im ready to see the gains rick is gonna make off this cycle..sh!t is gonna be crazy

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
It doesn't until you do it... imo study it and try it. I spent about 6 total hours studying it last night, another hour today and applied it. One word after quads and hammys... wheel chair. Frank, rick and i can't remember the other guys name that actually linked the info.. THANK YOU for opening my eyes to this again.
bro you couldnt of said it better lol.,.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Lol I'm always in a wheelchair, I'm gonna try it out though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DC is great for adding mass and strength.

As far as someone mentioned earlier, there is no "I will keep a log and look back in a month and see where I am." YOU DO NOT STEP IN THE GYM WITHOUT DOING BETTER THAN YOUR LAST PERFORMANCE! Plain and simple. Before your work set you look at your last time and see how many total reps you got with that weight a then you beat those reps with the same weight or go heavier. If you just can't do it that week you just can't. However you leave you intestines and left nut on the floor from the effort to beat you last workout before you say it could not be done. If your rp set was 225x20 then the next time you need to either hit 225x21 or 226x20 either way you go up. YOu do it methodically not let me see where I end up. You force the issue of improving. Search for DC Training - Beating the Log and you will find several thread, or articles. Some from Dante himself reasserting how important beating the log book is for the training. There is a laser like focus and intensity that comes from adopting the beat the log book mentality, and it is a big if not the biggest factor in DC training.

As Frank mentioned DO NOT SKIP THE STRETCHES! They are an integral part of the program. They stretch the muscle fascia allowing more blood in the area as well as increasing and accelerating growth.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DC is great for adding mass and strength.

As far as someone mentioned earlier, there is no "I will keep a log and look back in a month and see where I am." YOU DO NOT STEP IN THE GYM WITHOUT DOING BETTER THAN YOUR LAST PERFORMANCE! Plain and simple. Before your work set you look at your last time and see how many total reps you got with that weight a then you beat those reps with the same weight or go heavier. If you just can't do it that week you just can't. However you leave you intestines and left nut on the floor from the effort to beat you last workout before you say it could not be done. If your rp set was 225x20 then the next time you need to either hit 225x21 or 226x20 either way you go up. YOu do it methodically not let me see where I end up. You force the issue of improving. Search for DC Training - Beating the Log and you will find several thread, or articles. Some from Dante himself reasserting how important beating the log book is for the training. There is a laser like focus and intensity that comes from adopting the beat the log book mentality, and it is a big if not the biggest factor in DC training.

As Frank mentioned DO NOT SKIP THE STRETCHES! They are an integral part of the program. They stretch the muscle fascia allowing more blood in the area as well as increasing and accelerating growth.
Honestly, I'm not sold. I'm reading over it now on intense and I'm not finding a whole lot. I do whole heartedly agree with the log book as I have the exact same mentality every time I go to the gym. I beat last weeks numbers no matter what.

Edit: don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying you guys among many others aren't making progress. What i'm saying is I just don't think it's enough for me to change what i'm doing now since i've been progressing every week for months.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, I'm not sold. I'm reading over it now on intense and I'm not finding a whole lot. I do whole heartedly agree with the log book as I have the exact same mentality every time I go to the gym. I beat last weeks numbers no matter what.
You don't have to be sold on it. You either try it and it works for you or you don't. Hundreds of thousands of people were not sold on the idea that the world was round, or that a automobile would ever be able to out run a horse. THis is not even as severe as those examples. In this case THOUSANDS have used and proven that DC Training works and works well.

Neither method is the end all be all of training. You pick what works for you and in most cases is based on what is the most convenient fit into your lifestyle. So many people tear themselves down beyond what the body can bolster after a workout. You are not actually looking for recovery though you are looking for improvement. Why do more than you need to do to improve, for that matter so much that you may not even be improved before the next workout because it is still repairing or just barely got back to where it was before it was broken down.

If you want to save some time have more of a life, grow more, get stronger then give it a try. I used to do the crazy high volume stuff, no way I would go back to that training style permanently. However no way I could stay doing DC forever either.

The High Intensity VS High Volume has been an ongoing argument for decades. There have been scientific studies and many things done showing record that there is so minimal difference between 1 intense set to concentric failure and several sets for a bodypart. The general consensus is that the growth from high volume beat out intensity by .3 of a % as in .003 so doing an extra 15 sets gets less than a 1% increased output of muscle growth but the time and energy consumed to do so was far more. So in the end the dividends do not justify the extra work and time in my mind. However when injured or trying to prevent injury light weights and high volume are where I stay. WHen joints are too creaky and stiff I lower the weight add reps and extra sets. However as far as being worried about deflating using DC or any other high intensity low volume program is not a concern. As I have said before the results are almost exactly the same you just work a lot more for your results.

Give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose. I mean it sounds like you like the idea of it but it seems to good to be true. If that is the case I can tell you it is pretty damn good to only need to be in the gym lifting for 2.5 hours a week. Frees up a lot of time, give you more options to get your cardio in. All kinds of stuff. It is just going to come down to if you enjoy the training. DC is very effective however so are many other programs.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well said Kleeeeen!

Try it or don't. No one one is going to sit here and try and convince you.

If you are still in the mindset you need copious amounts of volume you don't have a great enough understanding of training and DC is likely not for you at this time anyway.

I am sure Dante himself would say if you are making gains doing something else then why switch?

Exhaust the gains and maybe look at DC down the road.

What you absolutely do not want to do is become one of these "flavor of the week" program jumpers who are so caught up on trying everything thing under the sun they never run anything long enough to make the best of the program.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose. I mean it sounds like you like the idea of it but it seems to good to be true. If that is the case I can tell you it is pretty damn good to only need to be in the gym lifting for 2.5 hours a week. Frees up a lot of time, give you more options to get your cardio in. All kinds of stuff. It is just going to come down to if you enjoy the training. DC is very effective however so are many other programs.
Definitely I may have to try it down the line. It does sound too good to be true but in all reality my biggest problem with it is the frequency. I like going to the gym. I have to FORCE myself to stay out for my days off as it is. Working out only 3x a week sounds like torture. I appreciate ALL the info man.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You're local to me when you wanna see what a dc workout is about let's train legs. ;)

I am doing powerlifting now but I'll be happy to smash a DC session.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well said Kleeeeen!

Try it or don't. No one one is going to sit here and try and convince you.

If you are still in the mindset you need copious amounts of volume you don't have a great enough understanding of training and DC is likely not for you at this time anyway.

I am sure Dante himself would say if you are making gains doing something else then why switch?

Exhaust the gains and maybe look at DC down the road.

What you absolutely do not want to do is become one of these "flavor of the week" program jumpers who are so caught up on trying everything thing under the sun they never run anything long enough to make the best of the program.
Lol! I'm not looking to be convinced. I thought I was among fellow bodybuilders/friends and was simply talking it out. The same way i do with my friends anywhere else. I apologize if me inquiring and stating my opinion came off as me needing to be convinced, Frank.

The bolded ^ is exactly what I try to avoid. I'm merely in the beginning stages of thinking about switching and RickRock's log sparked my interest. Thanks for replies, I'm out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely I may have to try it down the line. It does sound too good to be true but in all reality my biggest problem with it is the frequency. I like going to the gym. I have to FORCE myself to stay out for my days off as it is. Working out only 3x a week sounds like torture. I appreciate ALL the info man.
Yeah, if you just love lifting every single day then it probably isn't for you right now. If you need more frequency on that program even though you would grow more from the 3 times a week to be honest. THen when you do it maybe do EOD lifts. Basically you would get 3 workouts one week and 4 the next and it would rotate like that. It would be a nice in between of the 3 and 4 day plans.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're local to me when you wanna see what a dc workout is about let's train legs. ;)

I am doing powerlifting now but I'll be happy to smash a DC session.
If you're serious that sounds like a plan and I'm definitely in.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I'm not sold.
Lol! I'm not looking to be convinced..
FWIW if you aren't sold it means you still need convincing no? Be it on your own research or for us to put it in a way to you that makes you go "ahh ok I see" I didn't mean it in a negative way, just that you still are in a stage of uncertainty. It is like quitting smoking, you have to WANT it..heh
If you're serious that sounds like a plan and I'm definitely in.
Yea for sure. I am a bit east of you but we shouldn't be too far apart to catch a session some time. We can do chest/delt/tri/back or bi/forearm/legs. Your call. Either will be fun. :)

I always trained DC alone so it will be nice to have a spotter for an upper body day. Incline BP/Standing Strict over head press/close grip bp/rack chins/deads...mmmmm

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh FRANK! The Widow Maker on his first workout. You really want to test his metal huh? A widow maker will definitely make or break you as far as DC goes. You either love it or never ever want to think about attempting one again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FWIW if you aren't sold it means you still need convincing no? Be it on your own research or for us to put it in a way to you that makes you go "ahh ok I see" I didn't mean it in a negative way, just that you still are in a stage of uncertainty. It is like quitting smoking, you have to WANT it..heh

Yea for sure. I am a bit east of you but we shouldn't be too far apart to catch a session some time. We can do chest/delt/tri/back or bi/forearm/legs. Your call. Either will be fun. :)

I always trained DC alone so it will be nice to have a spotter for an upper body day. Incline BP/Standing Strict over head press/close grip bp/rack chins/deads...mmmmm
Wait What happened to the Quad day and the Widow Maker???? Trying not to run em off from DC eh...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Oh FRANK! The Widow Maker on his first workout. You really want to test his metal huh? A widow maker will definitely make or break you as far as DC goes. You either love it or never ever want to think about attempting one again.
You know...I remember a while ago Frank told me DC was too much for me , sadly it was after a day where I had done it for the first time (And actually read up about rest pauses , and specially about the squat widowmaker...) I wish he had told me sooner...I know this is noobish but I was 125lbs so don't judge too hard! I loaded the bar with 115lbs...and I knew at this much I could do like 10-12 (with not that good of a form...) and proceeded for the widowmaker...I barely made it to the 20th rep...I crawled out of the gym , arrived , saw how frank smacked me about doing DC being a total noob...and never touched it again haha and frank talked to me about 5/3/1 thank god xD now back to Rick-on topic!!

What weight are you considering for your widowmakers oO!???

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wait What happened to the Quad day and the Widow Maker???? Trying not to run em off from DC eh...
Yea, I always love to start with a leg day for that reason, but I'll leave it up to him. I had to throw some deads in there though. Plus strict over head press as it is truly humbling, especially on DC. I am curious what I can do with it on a RP set. Hit 245 x 1 on it last night. ;)

What weight are you considering for your widowmakers oO!???
I have been slacking on my squatting lately as we do them after deads. This week after deadlifting 515 x 2, I did 315 x 10 ass to grass so I would probably think at least a 275-295 widow.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Whatever dude lol you were being a d1ck... It's all good bro I never really understood why people would get worked up on teh internet...

I'm in Ahwatukie now just moved i hit up golds around there. I will def be down to meet up for a sesh or two man. Sounds like it could be beneficial for both of us.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do 20 rep squats after I do my normal 2 sets. I am def no stranger to those. 9/10x I yack on leg day.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whatever dude lol you were being a d1ck... It's all good bro I never really understood why people would get worked up on teh internet...

I'm in Ahwatukie now just moved i hit up golds around there. I will def be down to meet up for a sesh or two man. Sounds like it could be beneficial for both of us.
Lol I never take the Internet seriously.

Can you get a guest pass for golds? If not I can just give them my brothers name and say I forgot my card.

Shoot me a PM when you want to go. I'm deloading next week but **** it I'd be down.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I never take the Internet seriously.

Can you get a guest pass for golds? If not I can just give them my brothers name and say I forgot my card.

Shoot me a PM when you want to go. I'm deloading next week but **** it I'd be down.
I get to take one guest with me anytime, any golds, however many times. Easy peasey

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
You two should probably make a video and post it on YouPorn.

Then you can make a video of your workout as well, and post it over on IM.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You two should probably make a video and post it on YouPorn.

Then you can make a video of your workout as well, and post it over on IM.
Maybe you should mind your own business... Just jealous

And I don't know what IM means so shut up.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Haha IntenseMuscle man...Dante's forum that's been linked to a couple times ;)

BTW Frank, thanks for the videos...never saw these before, got some things to correct in my training methods.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
5 days in and 8 pages strong... I'm in for this!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha IntenseMuscle man...Dante's forum that's been linked to a couple times ;)

BTW Frank, thanks for the videos...never saw these before, got some things to correct in my training methods.
Oh yea! The one I personally quoted and have been reading on for hours? That one? smh dumb as$

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm busy between work and home for a few hours, and come back to yet a hell of a lot of more good discussion. At the rate things are going, we can figure out the secrets of the universe by my 12th week with all the good info that gets passed around ...lol.

Anyways....update time!!

Day 5

Weight 170.5 (+5.5)

Pinned 250mg Test E
Pinned 250mg Masteron E
Dosed 45mg EPI

After yesterdays burn day my weight didn't drop as much as I had though it would, which is not a bad thing at all. Usually after cleaning up I will be down a couple lbs following a burn day with cardio and low carbs.

Pinning this morning went pretty good. Its only my second one, but I can tell that over time I will get better and more efficient at it. I did remember to change out the 22g drawing needle to the 25g before injecting...which made less pain afterwards. It definitely took longer to inject (probably a good couple minutes), but it is the way to go for sure. I went to the other quad this time. I figured rotating both quads is smart, so each one gets pinned once a week.

Now....to the DC training!!

My first day of doing DC "correctly",( or at least as correct as a beginner to DC can be) went great IMO. I really like the way that I felt after the exercises and especially after the stretches. Its hard to describe the feeling after one of the extreme stretches, but its a feeling I've never quite felt before. Its different, but liberating in a way. It feels pretty good.

I gave the rest, pause sets as much effort as i humanly could right to the point of failure and even into the next rep. Even when I couldn't finish a final rep, I still pushed through the pain to complete a slow controlled negative with good form. I can totally see how this program will make you grow like a mofo when putting your all into these exercises. After each exercise I felt spent on that muscle group. Of course I still need to actually see and experience the results of what DC training can do before I make a fair assessment of it, but based on how I felt I think I may need sticking with DC for a good while :)

The progression today worked well. Everything that I had previously done I added weight to. There is some adjusting I will have to do on some exercises, but eventually I will get everything set. For example, I did DB shoulder presses today, and aiming for 20-30rp for the set, I should have lowered the weight more than I did. I went with 70s and ended up only around 19rp total, and I pushed like hell to get those.

I will try to put up what my 3 versions of each workout with the exercises sometime this weekend. Here is what i did today....

Chest/shoulders/triceps/back width/back thickness

Hammer strength chest press (rest,pause)
235x13x5x2

DB shoulder press (rest, pause)
70sx13x4x2

Close grip smith machine bench press (rest, pause)
150x11x4x2 (+10)

Chins (rest, pause)
BW + 45X8x3x2 (+10)

Seated Tbar rows (straight sets...no rest, pause)
190x10x8 (+10)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm busy between work and home for a few hours, and come back to yet a hell of a lot of more good discussion. At the rate things are going, we can figure out the secrets of the universe by my 12th week with all the good info that gets passed around ...lol.

Anyways....update time!!

Day 5

Weight 170.5 (+5.5)

Pinned 250mg Test E
Pinned 250mg Masteron E
Dosed 45mg EPI

After yesterdays burn day my weight didn't drop as much as I had though it would, which is not a bad thing at all. Usually after cleaning up I will be down a couple lbs following a burn day with cardio and low carbs.

Pinning this morning went pretty good. Its only my second one, but I can tell that over time I will get better and more efficient at it. I did remember to change out the 22g drawing needle to the 25g before injecting...which made less pain afterwards. It definitely took longer to inject (probably a good couple minutes), but it is the way to go for sure. I went to the other quad this time. I figured rotating both quads is smart, so each one gets pinned once a week.

Now....to the DC training!!

My first day of doing DC "correctly",( or at least as correct as a beginner to DC can be) went great IMO. I really like the way that I felt after the exercises and especially after the stretches. Its hard to describe the feeling after one of the extreme stretches, but its a feeling I've never quite felt before. Its different, but liberating in a way. It feels pretty good.

I gave the rest, pause sets as much effort as i humanly could right to the point of failure and even into the next rep. Even when I couldn't finish a final rep, I still pushed through the pain to complete a slow controlled negative with good form. I can totally see how this program will make you grow like a mofo when putting your all into these exercises. After each exercise I felt spent on that muscle group. Of course I still need to actually see and experience the results of what DC training can do before I make a fair assessment of it, but based on how I felt I think I may need sticking with DC for a good while :)

The progression today worked well. Everything that I had previously done I added weight to. There is some adjusting I will have to do on some exercises, but eventually I will get everything set. For example, I did DB shoulder presses today, and aiming for 20-30rp for the set, I should have lowered the weight more than I did. I went with 70s and ended up only around 19rp total, and I pushed like hell to get those.

I will try to put up what my 3 versions of each workout with the exercises sometime this weekend. Here is what i did today....

Chest/shoulders/triceps/back width/back thickness

Hammer strength chest press (rest,pause)
235x13x5x2

DB shoulder press (rest, pause)
70sx13x4x2

Close grip smith machine bench press (rest, pause)
150x11x4x2 (+10)

Chins (rest, pause)
BW + 45X8x3x2 (+10)

Seated Tbar rows (straight sets...no rest, pause)
190x10x8 (+10)
So answer me this - on the DB workouts do you just stay in the engaged position? DB for example do you stay in the starting position for the rest pause or put them on the ground having to pick them up and start all over again?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So answer me this - on the DB workouts do you just stay in the engaged position? DB for example do you stay in the starting position for the rest pause or put them on the ground having to pick them up and start all over again?
I set them down just as I'm finishing a set. With DC while taking the pauses the idea is to concentrate on breaths while not exerting any energy during that pause. That means not holding a DB, BB, machine, or bar. So when my breaths are up I reach down and pick them up again and crank out what I can,set them down, then take my breaths again before squeezing out the last couple reps

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
: ) thanks!