A new chapter...RickRock's path on the "DARK SIDE" begins...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A:
Chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness

B:
Biceps, forearms, calves, hams, quads.

ONE movement per muscle group done on each day. 3 versions of each day, with different movements.

Monday:
A1

Wed:
B1

Friday:
A2

Monday:
B2

Wed:
A3

Friday:
B3

Repeat. Beat logbook. Profit.

There is zero chance in hell you can do 3 movements per body part on the same day to complete failure and progress, and not burn the **** out.
Alright....that makes sense now. Instead of 3 exercises per muscle group per day, its one exercise per group per day. No wonder I'm so focking sore...lol

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess i will be doing DC the way i should be starting tomorrow...lol

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Up another lb this morning (171)

Now time to hit the cardio! :run:

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its surprising me too
Now we have to realize Rick always keeps an incredibly strict and gruesome diet and cardio schedule. I bet your carb intake has gone up a lot the last few days and your cardio hasn't been as intense right? Let alone your just a freak!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The 2 way split didn't work for me since I workout 4 days per week, and its a 3 day per week routine
Well then workout 3 days now. Train according to the program not out of habit. Do some abs/Cardio or other **** on your fourth day.

The 2 way is geared towards the absolute fastest gains in size/strength. It is the split everyone should start on.

The 3way is geared towards the super advanced looking to bring up weak areas, people in the end stages of contest prep, etc. You aren't going to make the same gains.

The biggest failure with DC is people making changes to the program, especially right off the bat. You really need to run it as it's laid out for a LONG time before even thinking about tweaking it.

If you have any questions lmk.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now we have to realize Rick always keeps an incredibly strict and gruesome diet and cardio schedule. I bet your carb intake has gone up a lot the last few days and your cardio hasn't been as intense right? Let alone your just a freak!
Cals in general are up from where they were. The increase in cals of about 500-700 per workout day is mostly in protein and carbs. The first 3 days were all workout days too....contributing to that weight gain. Today is a cardio day, so I suspect my weight may even a drop a tad by tomorrow morning and I could be at 169ish...we will see.

On the subject of burn days, the last 3 days I've broken fast at about this time post workout. Today it won't be until noon like traditional IF. The last 3 days got me used to eating at that time, and right now I'm hungry as a mofo! 4 more hours is gonna suck today...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well then workout 3 days now. Train according to the program not out of habit. Do some abs/Cardio or other **** on your fourth day.

The 2 way is geared towards the absolute fastest gains in size/strength. It is the split everyone should start on.

The 3way is geared towards the super advanced looking to bring up weak areas, people in the end stages of contest prep, etc. You aren't going to make the same gains.

The biggest failure with DC is people making changes to the program, especially right off the bat. You really need to run it as it's laid out for a LONG time before even thinking about tweaking it.

If you have any questions lmk.
Thanks a lot Frank for all your input and suggestions. You are probably right and I should probably do that. I'm going to think about that a lot this weekend, but more than likely that is the route I will take and just do cardio on the 4th day. Mainly I just need to decide how my diet should be changed with that protocol. That would give me 3 workout days and 4 cardio/rest days which would be perfect at the later stages of the cycle when I want to shred up any fat gain. Right now muscle is the goal though, so an overall caloric surplus is necessary....so what I will probably do is just take one of my weekend rest days as a true rest day with no cardio for now and eat a lot more freely and more. My wife will love that....:food:

Thanks again, Frank :thumbsup:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No worries man. I trained DC for the last 5+ years, so I am pretty familiar with it. ;)

Split the difference of calories between the 3 lifting days.

or

Eat like a training day on the 4th. The added calories will be good for recovery anyway.

Here is a pretty good read by Dante that kinda touches on the subject. I bolded/highlighted some key points. The real moral of the story is to stick to the 2 way split as it provides the most frequency, and rest time, allowing for the most growth. Don't worry about lack of volume, or foo foo exercises. Pick the bread and butter movements, get brutally strong on them, eat, grow.

Thread titled "Some people are just losing the concept of DC training."

What does every starting out bodybuilder want in bodybuilding? To get the biggest the fastest way possible. What is the number one problem in bodybuilding? Getting shredded? Hamstring detail? separation? No its size. Most bodybuilders arent big enough and they need to be bigger, especially at the lower levels of the sport.

So what puts muscle mass on a person the quickest way possible? Training progressively recovering and training progressively again, repeat repeat repeat.

Everyone has a genetic blueprint, some will have standout arms, some have standout legs, some have standout chest and back, some have crappy everything, some have standout everything <---and this is the group you see usually go on to be very successfull bodybuilders if everything else falls into place. You dont see any of the top 10 Olympia guys walking around with no arms or a crappy back.

What you have in the beginning is what you are going to have in the end and it is starting to piss me off seeing how many bodybuilders on these boards have their heads up their ass in reasoning of what training CAN and CANNOT do. Peter Putnams back is subpar....do you think that is a product of his training routine or his genetic blueprint? ITS HIS GENETIC BLUEPRINT. His training routine didnt produce his subpar back, just like Milos's training routine didnt produce his subpar arms, just like titus's training routine didnt produce his subpar chest. Should I assume since Jay Cutler likes to do volume training that that training routine produced Jays wider waist? Did Markus Ruhls training routine produce his subpar triceps? Every single bodybuilder can try their best to improve weak bodyparts and if you get really intricate with it there are ways to do it (both with a quirky weird exercise way and also the Ruhl way..LOL)......but your genetic blueprint both impedes you and lets you succeed in the sport.

So back to DC training. What training routine will get your unique genetic blueprint the absolute largest muscle mass wise in the shortest time possible? IMO training bodyparts progressively 74 times a year or so beats training bodyparts progressively 52 times a year....and you quickly get up the size ladder which AGAIN is what this is all about. IN 4 years you would be doing close to 300 workouts for chest vs 200 workouts for chest in those 4 years with typical training. THATS A BIG DIFFERENCE in hypertrophy.

So where are you at that point? Are you large enough now that if i was training you I would change things frequency wise? You could be. But that beginning phase needed to be taken. Even today I have advanced guys who were injured or even someone like Dave Henry who want to put their size back on pronto and go back to the MON WEN FRI MON or MON TUES THURS FRI split.

So I want you to grasp something because I keep seeing people saying "this kind of training or that kind of training produces this"

Branch Warren and Johnny Jackson are training partners and have been for many many years off and on. Branch has also lifted with another guy for almost 20 years now. Without a doubt their progressive heavy training has produced incredible thickness (especially with Branch's and Johnny's chests), Johnny's back, their delts, their traps. There is no doubt that their progressively heavy slag iron training has resulted in serious dense tissue. Now their training.....The very same training that has lead to Branch's monstrous legs has produced Johnny Jackson's achilles heel (his leg size)....is Branch's training to blame? No its the genetic blueprint....could Johnny do something that increases his quad size a little bit more. Yea he would probably have to get pretty ingenious and figure out something weird that might eke (and i do mean eke because he is near 40 now and been training a long time) a little more size out of those quads.....but lets not mince words....he is never going to even get remotely close to Branch in quad size. The very same training that produced Branch and Johnny's insane thickness over the last 20 years has produced their training partners physiquehttp://pics.musculardevelopment.com/...browse&id=4058

Im not taking anything away from Jay Moore but obviously he is not on the level of Branch or Johnny even though he has been blasting away for decades in the gym side by side with them. Do you see monstrous quads? Do you see the 6 inch thick pecs that johnny and branch have? Should I assume then that Branch Warren's training doesnt produce thick chests and results in subpar legs because of Johnny Jacksons and Jay Moore?
My point is this. DC training is devised to get you as large as humanly possible the absolute quickest....and at that point (if i was training you i would look at you and switch you over to something that i think can fix the weaknesses that your genetic blueprint has given us)....so hypothetically if you are 20 years old and 5'9 160 and want to be big one day.....you DC train for 4 years and now you give me a guy who is 5'9 210....awesome...i got a really good peice of clay to work with now.....whereas if you followed some 52 time a year bodypart training routine i might have a guy who is 5'9 185 and i have to tell you "well you need to put a few more years of bombing away into this bro because you still dont have the size"
So what do i do at a point that a guy has gotten up to a good size bodybuilder? I access his physique and i go after his weaknesses. If at that point he is really good size muscle mass wise but with some weaknesses, do you know how much easier my job just got? 1000 times over easier.
So you guys allready know this but i split the body into roughly 2 ways for guys who need muscle mass and need it the fastest way possible. For intermediate guys I still want them building muscle mass fast so i usually split the body up threeways and work on some weaker bodyparts that way with extra work.
At the elite levels where you are talking a really big boy, someone like Cedric or Dusty or Dave or Dave Smith or Homonuncleus or someone who has alot of muscle mass packed on their frame.....I like to go with this plan of attack usually

sunday chest and abs
monday biceps and forearms and calves and abs
tuesday hams and quads
wenesday off
thursday shoulders and triceps and abs
friday back calves and abs
sat off

Why? Because their size is built...they need to increase in size still which this still does .....but the number one problem at this level is how to bring up weaker bodyparts usually.

So a sunday chest workout might look like something like this

incline smith press
all warmups and then
allout restpause set for 13-20rp

Hoist or Hammer decline press
all warmups and then
allout restpause set for 13-20rp

Flat dumbell press
all warmups and then
allout STRAIGHT set for 12 reps

stretch

rope pulldown ab crunch
warmups and then all out set for 30 reps rest paused or 20 reps straight.

Now if that person had a weak bodypart I would probably get pretty unique with his training...and find weird exercises that put him into mechanical positions that he hasnt done before.......for example biceps...if someone has been doing biceps for many years they have used the plethora of exercises out there...and all variations of curls are obviously not doing the trick....i have them do 3 distinct variations for biceps that they have never done before and that usually gets their biceps to respond...(I hit on this a while back with that GET WEIRD WITH IT thread i left)

I digress.....so what you are seeing above is a gameplan. A gameplan that alot of people are forgetting about.....a gameplan alot of people on other boards who have their head up their ass just dont grasp....

How do you become an elite bodybuilder trainingwise as quickly as possible?
By following a routine by a professional bodybuilder who is allready massive and doing every foo foo exercise he does (even when it wont do jack **** for you right now except to impede into your recovery so you cannot train that bodypart again quickly?)
or
Train progressively and short with alot of frequency.....get your overall size up as quickly as possible....at that point you might have standout bodyparts and some bodyparts that are somewhat behind or heck you might be pretty even......you then reaccess your physique (AT A POINT WHERE YOU TRULY HAVE ENOUGH MUSCLE MASS THAT PEOPLE ARE ASKING IF YOU ARE A BODYBUILDER) and at an intermediate point try to keep getting bigger by compromising a little bit of frequency with widowmakers and weird exercises to get weaker bodyparts to respond.......tiem goes by.........you then get to a point where you are a pretty massive individual and frequency goes to the point where everyone else is at and you get after it getting subpar bodyparts up.

Is the gameplan clearer? Nothing pains me more than seeing a guy with 16 inch arms wondering if he isnt doing enough volume and thats why he isnt growing.

HERE IS THE BASIC SECRET...IM GOING TO GIVE IT TO YOU...YOUR GOING TO FEEL REALLY DUMB AFTER READING THIS SECRET BECAUSE YOU ALLREADY KNEW IT

The road that takes you here (most importantly FOOD, supplements, and if you make that decisions someday... even drugs) and the day you

Incline press 405 for 12 reps
smith military press 330 for 12 reps
deadlift 550 for 12 reps
close grip bench press 405 for 12 reps
deep squat 500 for 20 reps
pulldown 400 for 15 reps
dumbell curl 80's cleanly for 20 reps
etc etc etc etc

or just the road you take in trying to achieve the above will result in you being massive as a bodybuilder....within what your own genetic blueprint will allow you.....if you have ronnie colemans blueprint let me be the first one to congratulate you on your Mr Olympia wins.

It is that simple....

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
After reading that article about dc training its really sparked my interest. I google searched it and all i got back was "dog crap training method". Same thing? Can you link or pm me some more info on it frank?

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Frank has it right, in regards to DC training. If you need an actual reference, I've been on DC for about a year, and have been logging some supps for the past month or two that detail my days. As an example A2 day for me:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/198405-greenearth-gets-focused.html#post3332972

As you can see, you only hit each body group with one exercise. The concept is that you go to absolute failure on every set, getting anywhere between 11-20 RP reps (dependent on body part). You usually do 3 sets, so your hope would be to get 8 or 9 reps on the first set, drop the weights and take your 15 breaths, pick them up and get 4 to 5 reps, drop the weights and take your 15 breaths, pick them up and get 2 to 3 reps, done. Total, you've done 14-17 reps using the rest-pause method. Since each set took you to failure, being able to do another exercise for that same body part should be damn near to impossible - you should be entirely fatigued.

It's a great routine, I personally have fallen in love with it. Workouts usually don't last over 45 minutes or so, especially if you're hitting it with the short rest and intensity you should be.

After reading that article about dc training its really sparked my interest. I google searched it and all i got back was "dog crap training method". Same thing? Can you link or pm me some more info on it frank?
Dogg Crapp training is it's official name. The best place to read up on it is on intense muscle, which is Dante Trudel's forum. The Dogg Pound, specifically:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

If you searched google for it, you likely wound up with this blogspot:

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

The blogspot is good reading material, I would start by reading that because it presents a good recap of what DC training is, but make sure to hone your knowledge of the program on the official forum for it. Dante has said many times that there is no official "DC Approved" exercise list, although that blogspot attempts to list many that they see as worthwhile.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great info Frank. That is my plan now, and sticking to the 2 day split as true as possible is what I'm going to do. It all makes much more sense the more you read into it.

So the new plan is lifting days Mon, Wed, Fri with cardio days Tues, Thurs, Sun. Saturday is going to be a rest day for now that I will be eating like a workout day.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Frank has it right, in regards to DC training. If you need an actual reference, I've been on DC for about a year, and have been logging some supps for the past month or two that detail my days. As an example A2 day for me:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/198405-greenearth-gets-focused.html#post3332972

As you can see, you only hit each body group with one exercise. The concept is that you go to absolute failure on every set, getting anywhere between 11-20 RP reps (dependent on body part). You usually do 3 sets, so your hope would be to get 8 or 9 reps on the first set, drop the weights and take your 15 breaths, pick them up and get 4 to 5 reps, drop the weights and take your 15 breaths, pick them up and get 2 to 3 reps, done. Total, you've done 14-17 reps using the rest-pause method. Since each set took you to failure, being able to do another exercise for that same body part should be damn near to impossible - you should be entirely fatigued.

It's a great routine, I personally have fallen in love with it. Workouts usually don't last over 45 minutes or so, especially if you're hitting it with the short rest and intensity you should be.

Dogg Crapp training is it's official name. The best place to read up on it is on intense muscle, which is Dante Trudel's forum. The Dogg Pound, specifically:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

If you searched google for it, you likely wound up with this blogspot:

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

The blogspot is good reading material, I would start by reading that because it presents a good recap of what DC training is, but make sure to hone your knowledge of the program on the official forum for it. Dante has said many times that there is no official "DC Approved" exercise list, although that blogspot attempts to list many that they see as worthwhile.
Appreciate bro. Got some reading and experimenting to do now

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Couple things I noticed.

1. Flyes is a pretty poor choice for a chest movement. Exercise selection is paramount. You want things you can progress the most on. It is like this. What do you think you can make more progress on a tricep kick back, or a close grip bench press? Well I can tell you this. I can close grip bp 315 for reps, but can't do **** with a tricep kick back..heh

2. You have the width/thickness mixed up. Rowing is a thickness movement.

3. Thickness movements typically aren't rest paused. I guess in this case with a machine row it isn't uber risky but personally I like to use the one heavy set of 4-8, and one lighter set of 8-12 on thickness movements.

4. DB pressing movements(db bench, shoulder press, etc) do in the 20-30rp range. If you do them in the 11-15 range it becomes near impossible to even get the db's into place once the weight gets heavy, on your second/3rd set. IF you are going to all out failure on the previous sets that is.

HTH

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Im in Rick! I just started my cycle and was going to run MAST with my test but the dude fell through. So I will watch your freakish results....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Rick not sure why my subscription was not updating here. Yeah as Frank said you misread that info I sent. He seems to have you on the right track now. Couple warm up sets then the Work set - RP - Rp on to next body part. No wonder you were so sore...

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Couple things I noticed.

1. Flyes is a pretty poor choice for a chest movement. Exercise selection is paramount. You want things you can progress the most on. It is like this. What do you think you can make more progress on a tricep kick back, or a close grip bench press? Well I can tell you this. I can close grip bp 315 for reps, but can't do **** with a tricep kick back..heh

2. You have the width/thickness mixed up. Rowing is a thickness movement.

3. Thickness movements typically aren't rest paused. I guess in this case with a machine row it isn't uber risky but personally I like to use the one heavy set of 4-8, and one lighter set of 8-12 on thickness movements.

4. DB pressing movements(db bench, shoulder press, etc) do in the 20-30rp range. If you do them in the 11-15 range it becomes near impossible to even get the db's into place once the weight gets heavy, on your second/3rd set. IF you are going to all out failure on the previous sets that is.

HTH
1. I can see where you're coming from on flies, and I agree...I think I may have seen your example of the tricep kick said by Dante, is that right? My reasoning was having another movement for my chest. The type of stretch you get on flies is something that is unique to that chest exercise, you know? I have an A1, A2, and A3 day. My other two chest exercises are DB Flat Bench and Incline BB Bench, so those are kind of more of the "mass gainers" that most people think of. However, you're right that DBs progress very slowly on flies. How would you feel about me hitting a Nautilus Fly Machine that I could progress on a weight stack quickly on? Rather than the DBs. Again, I'm trying to preserve that great contraction + stretch that I find very unique to flies.

2. I also mix those up lol. To be fair though, I am always hitting both.

3. Hmm...I really like my thickness movements done as RP, especially since they're all done through some machine (a lower back injury to my L6 prevents both deadlifts and bent-over rows :( ). I'll try your method on my upcoming blast.

4. Had planned to just completely ditch DB Shoulder Presses for the next blast, but lowering the weight and raising the reps may not be a terrible idea.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1. I can see where you're coming from on flies, and I agree...I think I may have seen your example of the tricep kick said by Dante, is that right? My reasoning was having another movement for my chest. The type of stretch you get on flies is something that is unique to that chest exercise, you know? I have an A1, A2, and A3 day. My other two chest exercises are DB Flat Bench and Incline BB Bench, so those are kind of more of the "mass gainers" that most people think of. However, you're right that DBs progress very slowly on flies. How would you feel about me hitting a Nautilus Fly Machine that I could progress on a weight stack quickly on? Rather than the DBs. Again, I'm trying to preserve that great contraction + stretch that I find very unique to flies.

2. I also mix those up lol. To be fair though, I am always hitting both.

3. Hmm...I really like my thickness movements done as RP, especially since they're all done through some machine (a lower back injury to my L6 prevents both deadlifts and bent-over rows :( ). I'll try your method on my upcoming blast.

4. Had planned to just completely ditch DB Shoulder Presses for the next blast, but lowering the weight and raising the reps may not be a terrible idea.
1.I would just pick another pressing movement.(hammer strength, etc) The stretch you will get plenty of from the chest stretch which is basically a DEEP ass fly anyway.

3. If you feel you can RP them go for it since they are machine rows. Typically with back thickness it is straight sets. It is not only a safety issue, but a recovery issue.

4. Yea DB pressing movements are always to be done in that rep range for the reason I stated. It gets ridiculous trying to get the DB's into place after your second RP set, even on a bench press.

I really find I make better gains working the top of the rep ranges, and adding weight each time, coming down in reps over time(until you need to reset). But that is just me.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm loving the great discussion. As always, like any of my logs if anybody ever wants to bring anything out to discuss feel free. As many people that can benefit from learning in here, the better!

I may have to consider that idea for doing the DB pressing movements at higher rep ranges, Frank. I really wanted to do some DB shoulder presses on DC, but like you said....I knew I'd have a hell of a time trying get 85s up over my shoulders. A lower weight with higher reps might be the answer and still get progression.

Keep the good info coming guys! Learning more by the hour!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No worries man.

That rep range I posted is standard protocol for DB pressing on DC. It gets kinda lost in the shuffle a lot of times, but it isn't my recommendation, but Dante's.

As I said I actually progress better going at the top of the rep ranges. So for like DB shoulder I would get it to where you are hitting 30rp, then next time jump up 5lb's trying like hell to hit that same 30rp, then 5lb's the next time, etc. Obviously the reps are going to come down over time, but keep fighting to keep them up. Once you get down to around 20rp on those, reset the weight and repeat.

If you are doing 85's you will probably want to drop the weight a bit so you can make sure you get around 30. I would rather see you get 35rp the first time, and then add 5lb next time, and so on.

It is kind of harder on DB's as you can typically only make 10lb jumps(5 in each hand), where on BB movements you can use the 2.5's.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
cant stop reading about dc training lol.. looks like i got a new routine now:) and great gains so far rick!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
cant stop reading about dc training lol.. looks like i got a new routine now:) and great gains so far rick!
^^
This. Might start tomorrow lol

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I feel kinda stupid u guys I'm confused about dc training lol. Do y'all think this is a good routine for a BB, since I have to hit muscles from so many angles?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I feel kinda stupid u guys I'm confused about dc training lol. Do y'all think this is a good routine for a BB, since I have to hit muscles from so many angles?
The entire program is geared towards BB'ers. Dante trains bodybuilders.

He is responsible for training quite a few notable high profile BB'ers. David Henry, Big Ced(won ny pro last week), Dusty Hanshaw, among others.

You have 3 days, with 3 different movements. If you feel you need to "hit things from so many angles" there is opportunity to do so based on your exercise selection.

If you feel you need to do foo foo exercises like concentration curls with your pinky extended at 12degrees, or THINK you have to be doing a ton of volume to grow, this program is likely not going to suit you.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards

He is responsible for training quite a few notable high profile BB'ers. David Henry, Big Ced(won ny pro last week), Dusty Hanshaw, among others.

You have 3 days, with 3 different movements. If you feel you need to "hit things from so many angles" there is opportunity to do so based on your exercise selection.

If you feel you need to do foo foo exercises like concentration curls with your pinky extended at 12degrees, or THINK you have to be doing a ton of volume to grow, this program is likely not going to suit you.
Lol naw no foo foo ass exercises here yo. I think I'll give this a try.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you are going to try it, give it a try for a good 3+ blasts before forming a final opinion on it. The first blast there is going to be a learning curve, and feeling out phase. Once you really grasp the program, and can muster up the extra intensity needed, you will learn to appreciate it more IMO.

Enjoy-

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
If you are going to try it, give it a try for a good 3+ blasts before forming a final opinion on it. The first blast there is going to be a learning curve, and feeling out phase. Once you really grasp the program, and can muster up the extra intensity needed, you will learn to appreciate it more IMO.

Enjoy-
Sounds good, I'll start next week.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

When I get on a computer I'll rep you.
Dusty is one big dude.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The thing is you need to really put everything into these sets. You should be fighting like hell to get every rep. This is the reason it isn't recommended for novices. Even if you thought you had intensity before it will teach you to kick it up a notch.

Also don't forget the slow,controlled negatives, static holds and stretching as they are all very important to the program.

The official DC dvd Jason Wojo put out is a good source of info.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please let this be up still when I get home lol

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
The thing is you need to really put everything into these sets. You should be fighting like hell to get every rep. This is the reason it isn't recommended for novices. Even if you thought you had intensity before it will teach you to kick it up a notch.

Also don't forget the slow,controlled negatives, static holds and stretching as they are all very important to the program.

The official DC dvd Jason Wojo put out is a good source of info.
Trust me I don't have a problem going balls deep bro, especially on my leg days I leave that bitch crawling on my hands and knees.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, Thanks for posting that up Frank! I'm downloading all the videos now to watch later when I have time. this is truly awesome! Thanks bro! You have been a huge help to me in this log, and from the sounds of it....youve helped out quite a few more in here as well!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Because I am feeling generous. I will leave this up for a couple hrs.
Yup after seeing this , I thank you again bro for letting me know this was TOO much for me and I admit it is , I'm happy with 5/3/1...but this info will come in handy with some years down this long road. Thanks again Frank! Awesome stuff you always provide!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4

Weight: 171 (+6)

dosed 45mg Epi
dosed 3mg Albuterol

Burn day, and I kept the cardio kinda short today. While I'm doing this leanish bulk I probably will do a little less cardio than I typically do anyways, but another reason is my legs are so tore up its not funny. Once again, this is from me doing much more in the workout than I am supposed to with DC. That will change tomorrow as I will be doing it as it is planned out doing the 2 day split.

20 minutes of treadmill running at 7.5-8 mph is what I did today. Kept it pretty short and sweet for a 310 cal burn. My legs were trashed so it was work just doing that much.

tomorrow morning is my next pin :sgrin:

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
yes im starting DC today hahaha, im actually like VERY excited.

rick are you doing this routine?
Day 1:

Chest

shoulders

triceps

back width

back thickness

Day 2:

biceps

forearms

calves

hams

quads

Day 3:
Same as day 1, but different exercises

Day 4: same as day 2, but different exercises

and so on..

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes im starting DC today hahaha, im actually like VERY excited.

rick are you doing this routine?
Day 1:

Chest

shoulders

triceps

back width

back thickness

Day 2:

biceps

forearms

calves

hams

quads

Day 3:
Same as day 1, but different exercises

Day 4: same as day 2, but different exercises

and so on..

Yes, except that there is now not a fourth day each week.....only 3. That 2 day split is set up and designed to be done working out 3 days a week with rest days in between (Mon, Wed, Fri) and that is precisely how I will be doing it

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
yeah i know i just put day 4 as far as doing the same work you did on day 2 initially :p but cool how you like it so far?

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
You guys will love it, guarantee. There's a reason I've stayed on it for the past year.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Rick hasn't updated because he used the wrong gauge, again, this morning and he's embarrassed...

:laugh:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Rick hasn't updated because he used the wrong gauge, again, this morning and he's embarrassed...

:laugh:
Haha....no bro. Actually this mornings pin went without a hitch. I did get the needles switched this time, and I'm noticing a hell of a lot less discomfort than last time. It went much slower but it was worth it.

As for DC....I am in love with it already. I will have a full update later on with details, but I think this may be the equivalent of when I first started IF. The beginning of a beautiful long lasting relationship between me and DC :)

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Haha....no bro. Actually this mornings pin went without a hitch. I did get the needles switched this time, and I'm noticing a hell of a lot less discomfort than last time. It went much slower but it was worth it.

As for DC....I am in love with it already. I will have a full update later on with details, but I think this may be the equivalent of when I first started IF. The beginning of a beautiful long lasting relationship between me and DC :)
Holy matrimony lol, that's good to hear.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good deal, Ricky.

Now that that's addressed, PUT UP A PICTURE OF YOUR SUNGLASSES!

I shouldn't have to ask twice :aargh:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to seeing the full workout :)