A.A./N.A. Support Group Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Yea, i'm not judging or anything. Just kinda wanted to hear your story and where you stand on it is all. What's been your ph of choice lately and can our bodies start adapting to one speicific compound, rendering it obsolete? Can someone run Epi or Havoc, or we'll have once or twice a year and expect good results down the road?
you can develope a resistance to a compound if its ran long enough.i try to be versatie when choosing the types of p.h's to run,so i can see what works well for me,and how well i respond to certain compound.i am planning on running havoc in the future,my favs so far has been sdrol/tren!.once or twice a year?..sure,why not?you gained 12lbs. on one cycle thats good in my book!

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
I'm also thinking about running your company's 1-T this spring. Possible stack with Epi, but I did run Epi in Sept. 08 into Oct. I've re-searched my above question in here, just wanted to hear the answer from a rep.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I'm also thinking about running your company's 1-T this spring. Possible stack with Epi, but I did run Epi in Sept. 08 into Oct. I've re-searched my above question in here, just wanted to hear the answer from a rep.
i will be running our 1-t in about 3 days,it should be in by then.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Epistane and 1-T will work great together. There's a log in the Cycle Section where a guy named, "Poopypants," ran that combo.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Epistane and 1-T will work great together. There's a log in the Cycle Section where a guy named, "Poopypants," ran that combo.
yep!..poopypants had great results and ran one heck of a log!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yep!..poopypants had great results and ran one heck of a log!
We really don't know his results because he has been off the internet since the mid-portion of his run. Up until that point, he was happy about the gains; hopefully, he will be back on soon to give us a run-down of how well the cycle ended for him.
But on paper, the compounds look great together. I would suggest using Dermacrine every other day, or third day to prevent, or minimize the shutdown aspect.

EDIT: I just realized that this is not the correct place to talk about this. Sorry.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, i'm not judging or anything. Just kinda wanted to hear your story and where you stand on it is all. What's been your ph of choice lately and can our bodies start adapting to one speicific compound, rendering it obsolete? Can someone run Epi or Havoc, say once or twice a year and expect good results down the road?
Never even assumed you were judging. I was more or less professing/confessing openly the issue in my anecdotal experience. This too can and does apply to hormones.

Without judging - chasing around for continued responsiveness to substances is sort of chasing that first high. I believe the benefits that manifest themselves within our physiques (a reward signal) from a hormonal substance can induce the same craving for that sustained physiological and psychological state. When one no longer receives that reward signal from a specific hormonal substance they switch to an other hormonal substance for a renewed reward system supply.

I may be over analyzing this for some of you, but true addicts are often poly-addicted, with deeper issues, and a transference is very common. A good thing (sex, nutrition, exercise, message board posting) can be an unhealthy transference of addictive behavior as a new outlet and or source of reward system...IMHO :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like anything - a substance, person, place or thing that causes your life or the life of others to become unmanageable - it is a problem.

What makes one alcoholic/addict is not necessarily the frequency, or volume of alcohol/substance consumed but rather the behaviors associated with their consumption.

A dependency on or inability to function either professionally, socially or athletically without the use of something would be unhealthy. Many people train ONLY when they are on steroids or prohormones. Many people have a dependency on these substances. This would be addictive behavior. This behavior would need to be recognized and address on an individual behavior. The one who is truely qualified to diagnose one as an addict is the addict. Others may recognize it before he does but until the addict become aware and admits it, it is worthless.
That's a fantastic statmement right there, brian. I couldn't agree more.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ditto what Trauma said. I used to do rec drugs, but the thing was, one day I just got bored with them, and set them down for good. I never was able to do that with alcohol. Once I take even 1 drink, the obsession and the craving kicks in and I have little control over stopping.

I havent had that problem with ph's or hell lets call them what they are, 'roids. Although I feel pretty good while on them, I have no problem stopping at the end of the cycle.

I do avoid gambling though except for the occasional lottery ticket. I get such a rush from pulling the lever/rolling the dice or whatever the game is that I think I may easily become an addict if I spent much time at all playing. Guess we all have our own set of "triggers"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Never even assumed you were judging. I was more or less professing/confessing openly the issue in my anecdotal experience. This too can and does apply to hormones.

Without judging - chasing around for continued responsiveness to substances is sort of chasing that first high. I believe the benefits that manifest themselves within our physiques (a reward signal) from a hormonal substance can induce the same craving for that sustained physiological and psychological state. When one no longer receives that reward signal from a specific hormonal substance they switch to an other hormonal substance for a renewed reward system supply.

I may be over analyzing this for some of you, but true addicts are often poly-addicted, with deeper issues, and a transference is very common. A good thing (sex, nutrition, exercise, message board posting) can be an unhealthy transference of addictive behavior as a new outlet and or source of reward system...IMHO :)
man, you are really on top of things. alcohol was my main addiction since 15, along with recreational drug use. i haven't drank a drop of alcohol in 13 years but do find myself searching for feel good otc supps [get drug tested at work] so i stick to otc. stims have really become my crutch. i really believe i stand a good chance of never drinking again, but i have to watch out for my addictive nature. like you said, everything i find that makes me feel good i have a tendency to overdo. great to see so many others on here with addictive personalities.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Great stuff. B5150, sorry I was responding to BSlick's previous statement, I didn't want to judge the fact he drinks occassionally, I just wanted to hear it from him. But I really respect your view, and share it for that matter.
I followed Poopypants and Trauma1's(right?)1-T/epi-1T phera logs from the beginning, and though Poopypants is going through some sh-t right now, Trauma's results seemed strong. I haven't checked on it lately though. Still mulling the stack.
Addiction is a very unpredicatable foe. For instance I stopped using heroin/opiates on a dime, but cocaine and booze never left until my moment of clarity/higher power intervention. I was a month out from getting married 5 years ago, and did my last bit of china and swore it off. Coke worked well with my crazy addict mind and somehow, albeit pathetically, I could still work and 'function.' H just shut me down and i was a complete waste. I haven't felt that 'pull' from PH's at all when I get off. I enjoy being in a natural state too. I enjoy being hormonally juiced and planning a good stack with an even better pct, all the while taking the right supps and crushing my goals in the gym. Working the 12 steps has really changed the way I catch my own b.s. too, and I have no problem getting called out at a meeting or in here. I'm very grateful I found this thread today. The whole PH/recovery thing has been weighing on my mind, and absolutely nobody in the meetings I go to has ever heard of em, nor understands my chemical/compound lingo when I try to explain it to em. I don't feel the unmanageability or powerlessness of it. So I plan the next stack and look forward to it.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a fantastic statmement right there, brian. I couldn't agree more.
I'm with you. My issues never were the amount or frequency of using (I was a recreational/weekend party type of guy); never had to detox, never had the uncontrollable urge to use. However, every time I used, something bad was BOUND to happen. I could not control myself under the influence-every time I used there was a good chance I would go to jail or really screw something up.

To the insanity; I KNEW this was the case, so when I went to use, I tried to make sure I had enough cash to bail myself out. Nothing wrong with that line of thinking. :stupid:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was a time when I had an acute allergic reaction to alcohol. Any and every time I drank I broke out in handcuffs.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
and jails and institutions quickly follow!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There was a time when I had an acute allergic reaction to alcohol. Any and every time I drank I broke out in handcuffs.
but for me the bad part was waking up in jail-and not remembering what i had done. i have been told many times that i was a mean drunk, waking up in jail or not, and not being able to remember what i had done was a very scary thing for me.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm with you. My issues never were the amount or frequency of using (I was a recreational/weekend party type of guy); never had to detox, never had the uncontrollable urge to use. However, every time I used, something bad was BOUND to happen. I could not control myself under the influence-every time I used there was a good chance I would go to jail or really screw something up.

To the insanity; I KNEW this was the case, so when I went to use, I tried to make sure I had enough cash to bail myself out. Nothing wrong with that line of thinking. :stupid:
Exactly. It seems to affect people in slightly different ways right from the get-go, but the end result is always the same. I'm one of those people that it's gradually become more of an issue over time, but just subtle enough that it wasn't overly apparent from the outside looking in.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

These are again very good points, brian. Working in my profession over the years i see addicts of all types almost on a daily basis. Many of these people have deep underlying issues that continue to feed that addiction on a daily basis. Beating an addictive nature is not easy, and requires not only a physiological treatment/control, but also a potent psychological aspect as well.

If you don't treat the psychological aspect of your individual addiction(s), it's like only putting $50.00 of gas in the car when it's really $100.00 worth needed to complete the journey. It's often the hardest part to overcome, and as stated, many people deal with it by displacing the addictive nature onto something else. If you don't deal with that issue head-on to begin with, it never truly gets addressed or treated, and very often will resurface down the line.

It's a daily fight for some people, and many will struggle with it all their lives. The key is to have good support systems around you to help get you through those tough days. We are all the masters of our own bodies, and we have the abilities to control our actions on a daily basis. Don't ever be affraid to ask for help, we all need it sometimes. While some people may think an action like that shows weakness, i couldn't disagree more, it shows that the reality of the issue has set in, and their is willingness/desire to overcome the problem.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Pneumonia, whoa!

What's up all. Haven't been on as much as usual lately. Was diagnosed with pneumonia two weeks ago and an ear infection. That's the sickest I've ever been, physically anyway. That includes ANY hangover from any substance or booze. Amazing what that bacteria/virus can do to a very healthy person. Anyway, that's a good problem to have in my book. I feel great now, just finished last dose of antibiotic yesterday. Got plenty of rest, no work for a week, and celebrated 4 years clean/sober on Feb. 10th on the couch with a box of kleenex and the remote control. Dr. says I can do as I please now, work wise and in the gym. However, I have researched this and hear from others that have had this, that challenging my system too early could be a mistake. Has anyone had pneumonia, etc. and how long did you take out of the gym? I lost 5 lbs, didn't eat all that well, but tried. Appetite is back full throtal and eating clean. Don't plan on cardio anytime soon either.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
congrats bud thats a nice way to celebrate your recovery.. on the couch sneezin. but congrats. i got a question... i havent been on here much but i like what people have to say, so i was wondering if everyone still goes to meetings? or what you do for your sobriety? i was just wondering cuz i havent been in a meeting for over a year. i have 3 1/2 years sober, still get the occassional urge for a cigarette (quuite smoking too) not really the drinking so much

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
What's up all. Haven't been on as much as usual lately. Was diagnosed with pneumonia two weeks ago and an ear infection. That's the sickest I've ever been, physically anyway. That includes ANY hangover from any substance or booze. Amazing what that bacteria/virus can do to a very healthy person. Anyway, that's a good problem to have in my book. I feel great now, just finished last dose of antibiotic yesterday. Got plenty of rest, no work for a week, and celebrated 4 years clean/sober on Feb. 10th on the couch with a box of kleenex and the remote control. Dr. says I can do as I please now, work wise and in the gym. However, I have researched this and hear from others that have had this, that challenging my system too early could be a mistake. Has anyone had pneumonia, etc. and how long did you take out of the gym? I lost 5 lbs, didn't eat all that well, but tried. Appetite is back full throtal and eating clean. Don't plan on cardio anytime soon either.
omg!..pneumonia:shock:..thank god your better now bro!:)..congratulations on 4 yrs. buddy.one heck of a job you done there.:usa2:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
congrats bud thats a nice way to celebrate your recovery.. on the couch sneezin. but congrats. i got a question... i havent been on here much but i like what people have to say, so i was wondering if everyone still goes to meetings? or what you do for your sobriety? i was just wondering cuz i havent been in a meeting for over a year. i have 3 1/2 years sober, still get the occassional urge for a cigarette (quuite smoking too) not really the drinking so much
congrats on your 3 and a half years of sobriety bro, quit cigs. too i see!..good job man...i still go to meetings once in awhile,to support my old time friends there,and gain support also..but not as much as before.i need to be going more often imo!..LOL..

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Thanks guys. I like to let people know about my sobriety anniversary only to illustrate to someone that may be struggling w/ addiction that absolutely ANYTHING is possible. I know I'm not alone when I say I truly believed I was going to die from cocaine/booze. I was convinced I was going to die alone, broke, confused, full of hate and regret. I have a nice size hole in my septum to remind me of how that stuff eats away at you, physically, spiritually, and mentally. So to answer your question, **** yes I still go to meetings. Not every day like I did the first year or so. But I do go once a week usually, sometimes more. Besides, it ain't always about me either, I go to pass it on somehow. Share the experience, strength and hope that was so freely given to me. After a thorough 4th & 5th step I realized the majority of my behaviors from the past were based around selfishness. Going to meetings even when I feel like a spiritual monster is my way of not being selfish. "I feel good, I don't need to go." That's crap for me. It ain't about me anymore, and it hasn't been for awhile. I dread detachment from what has helped me soooo much. It seems like a very dangerous place for me to be. I still have lots of WORK to do. I haven't finished all of my amends. I have people I need to go see still, particularly my parents, and I AM going to do it before they die, move, go to prison, etc. God intervened in my/our lives so we could be free from our selfish ways, and give something back for a change. This is a lifelong process with no 'end.' "Humility, a word often misunderstood. It is a clear recognition of who and what we are followed by a SINCERE attempt to become what we could be." -Portion of daily reflections for May 10th.

Last edited:
lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i haven't been to a meeting on 6 months, this may i'll have 4 years. i'm what the book calls a "real alcoholic" pg.33 if i remember correctly. for me, at some point i stopped needing to admit that i was an alcoholic and being reminded of it, i will never forget that fact. i know exactly what will happen if i take a drink again, at least mentally and physically. i do miss the fellowship, but there is something i have noticed though, at least for me. when i stopped using....my druggie friends fell off, no that i've stopped going to meetings....my AA friends have fell off. i'm not downing the program, i'm alive because of it, but it's odd that the more people claim to be different, the more they act the same as they did when they drank and used. i called them for about 3 months after i stopped going, and all they would ask is "how come you don't go anymore?" or "you wanna go to a meeting?" i miss helping people in that way. you know? walking them through the steps and such. but i think the steps were designed so that you could get back to society and be as normal as i'm ever gonna get. hope no one takes this negitively, i think it's positive, a message that "we" are not as different as "them". just cause i used to struggle with alcohol and drugs does not mean that people who don't, don't struggle with something else. we are all human and have difficulties, but i think that AA has giving me the drive to deal with whatever comes my way, where as i see people still struggle with the same things for a long time.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
i haven't been to a meeting on 6 months, this may i'll have 4 years. i'm what the book calls a "real alcoholic" pg.33 if i remember correctly. for me, at some point i stopped needing to admit that i was an alcoholic and being reminded of it, i will never forget that fact. i know exactly what will happen if i take a drink again, at least mentally and physically. i do miss the fellowship, but there is something i have noticed though, at least for me. when i stopped using....my druggie friends fell off, no that i've stopped going to meetings....my AA friends have fell off. i'm not downing the program, i'm alive because of it, but it's odd that the more people claim to be different, the more they act the same as they did when they drank and used. i called them for about 3 months after i stopped going, and all they would ask is "how come you don't go anymore?" or "you wanna go to a meeting?" i miss helping people in that way. you know? walking them through the steps and such. but i think the steps were designed so that you could get back to society and be as normal as i'm ever gonna get. hope no one takes this negitively, i think it's positive, a message that "we" are not as different as "them". just cause i used to struggle with alcohol and drugs does not mean that people who don't, don't struggle with something else. we are all human and have difficulties, but i think that AA has giving me the drive to deal with whatever comes my way, where as i see people still struggle with the same things for a long time.
its the exact same for me. right out of treatment the friends called. some came to visit at treatment. for the first few months i didnt hangout with my friends really. they we are still partying. it took me awhile but we all got back together but since i didnt go to bars and party they werent there, and same for aa buddies. well they were there but not like before. now i got the gym buddies. but everything works for a reason and struggling is just a part of life, its just how you deal with it.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I exercise alot,.. I mean a lot,.. now it's not always lifting per se, as I run, play ball,. whatever.
The reason I state this is because I do still go to meetings and whatnot. My sponsor thinks I exercise to much,. my fiance feels the same at times. I don't know what else I can do,.. I mean I get a high from working out, I hit 3 meetings a week, and usually spend a couple hours of one day a week with my sponsor.
I don't know where I'm going with this,.. just ventilating!!!!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I exercise alot,.. I mean a lot,.. now it's not always lifting per se, as I run, play ball,. whatever.
The reason I state this is because I do still go to meetings and whatnot. My sponsor thinks I exercise to much,. my fiance feels the same at times. I don't know what else I can do,.. I mean I get a high from working out, I hit 3 meetings a week, and usually spend a couple hours of one day a week with my sponsor.
I don't know where I'm going with this,.. just ventilating!!!!
yeah, that's the healthiest thing to do brotha. i notice, having friends that go to meetings, that they all smoke/drink coffee - like they replaced their "bad thing" with two socially acceptable ones. working out obviously gives you that needed "gym high", while helping your body recover from your past. IMO you're doing it the right way.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bumping this for Social Group awareness.

Check out our extensive list of social groups. Maybe you fit into one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.