90% of the stuff on this site is BS

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
No, i know what a sliver is...i thought u typed silver. What a different one decimal place can make, huh

And shouldn't you be leading by example and not texting so-to-speak while driving?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
No, i know what a sliver is...i thought u typed silver. What a different one decimal place can make, huh

And shouldn't you be leading by example and not texting so-to-speak while driving?
Cops multi task pretty well. You have a radio, coffee cup and holder, radar unit controller, lights, sirens, donut box, in car laptop, CB radio, AM-FM radio, and sunglasses to keep track of. Texting is a breeze.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cops multi task pretty well. You have a radio, coffee cup and holder, radar unit controller, lights, sirens, donut box, in car laptop, CB radio, AM-FM radio, and sunglasses to keep track of. Texting is a breeze.
Speaking of sunglasses, I hate when the sun goes down and I have to take them off, lol

Don't forget the bulk BCAA... I hate when I spill them all over my vest cover!

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
lol

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Bacon and donut? O.O
thats like...like saying, sex and chocolate or Christmas and icecream!

sounds like the best idea since somebody fried some cheesecake!

i like sweets
and fried bacon...

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Bacon and donut? O.O
thats like...like saying, sex and chocolate or Christmas and icecream!

sounds like the best idea since somebody fried some cheesecake!

i like sweets
and fried bacon...
Yup, the maple bacon bar is superb! I always order 2 everytime I go there. Just can't get enough of that sweet and salty goodness!

thebiggerpict

Awards
wish they had a voodoo shop in ireland,, im more of a cookie's eater,,,
but unlike stakedcop,, i had a terrible diet when i was younger,, REALLL BAD,,

so i have a bad sweet tooth,, but al i do is think of where i want be in 3 years and i no it will only set me back,,

my bday is on monday,, and instead of cake and ****,, im going use the day as a carb re feed,, so allot of oatmeal and so on,, it a way of thinking im cheating with out cheating haha :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup, the maple bacon bar is superb! I always order 2 everytime I go there. Just can't get enough of that sweet and salty goodness!
that and the huge apple fritter thing with bananas and chocolate and peanut butter. Can't recall its name. damn that was good. When I ordered everything I was getting my wife didn't believe I was going to eat it all. ha!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
that and the huge apple fritter thing with bananas and chocolate and peanut butter. Can't recall its name. damn that was good. When I ordered everything I was getting my wife didn't believe I was going to eat it all. ha!
When we go there drunk we always get a ton of the voodoo dolls and poke holes in 'em so they bleed syrup and we'll rip off the heads and leave them lying around. Of course we make fools of ourselves but we're drunk so who cares? LOL They also have a variety pack of 100 donuts that come in a wooden coffin. Did you know they used to have a Pepto Bismol and a Nyquil donut but they stopped those I think due to legal reasons?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When we go there drunk we always get a ton of the voodoo dolls and poke holes in 'em so they bleed syrup and we'll rip off the heads and leave them lying around. Of course we make fools of ourselves but we're drunk so who cares? LOL They also have a variety pack of 100 donuts that come in a wooden coffin. Did you know they used to have a Pepto Bismol and a Nyquil donut but they stopped those I think due to legal reasons?
I remember reading about that. We actually saw some fools get married there when we visited :)

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I remember reading about that. We actually saw some fools get married there when we visited :)
LOL yeah, they do weddings at Voodoo II pretty often. Voodoo I is literally a hole in the wall near Old Town Portland. It's right accross the street from all the bars and clubs so you get all the drunkards waiting in a line 20 deep at 2am.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP makes a good point but could have done it more gracefully....

The industry that I own a small biz in compares to the bbs supplement world.
People are honestly out there looking for information and social networking. They search the topic and a great forum like this pops up in the serps.

Forums like this hold a ton of information and are very useful.
With that said, on any forum where a potential sale can be earned you will have SID's (salesmen in disguise) herding and directing the traffic to their gain.

I believe it is up to the individual to recognize a salesmen or a honest review from a consumer.

Thank you for this BBS, I love to read it.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I haven't been on this site in about 2 years.

I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

During the past 2 years, I attended culinary school and recently graduated. I of course learned how to cook some great meals. Combining my new knowledge of food and what I used to do, I have some thoughts:

Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.

Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.
Right on, brother. I used to be obessed to the point where you would think I was striving for some kind of competitive bodybuliding career. I was too strict on myself for what I ate, when I drank, ect..

Then I thought to myself, what's the point? If you're to the point where you think you look good, then great! Keep it up! But being so strict to the point where it becomes a full-time job? **** that! I mean, if you're into competition, then yeah, go for it! But most of us are in it to stay healthy or to look better and while dedication is a necessity, you don't have to be full out balls to the wall all the time about it. Like he said, live your life.

Also, as far as supplements go, I've tried a lot of them and a lot of them are okay but for the most part you don't need them at all. Take vitamin and mineral supplements but you really don't need anything else. I have only been taking vitamins and fish oil for the past year and I look better now than I ever have.

Just gonna throw it out there, here's what I take:
Mulit-vitamin
Vitamin C (500mg with every meal up to 3000mg per day)
Super Vitamin B Complex
Vitamin B12 (2500mg twice daily)
Vitamin B6
Fish Oil
* On days where I'm not gonna be outside I may take extra Vitamin D3

Guys in the gym ask me what I'm on and that's what I tell them and they look stumped, or like I'm lying to them.

PimpinLow98

Awards
Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.

Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.
Planetfuzz i deff agree with you but the problem is good nutritious food is hard to come by.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Planetfuzz i deff agree with you but the problem is good nutritious food is hard to come by.
huh? Just not buying prepackaged frozen food goes most of the way there. Fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, straight cuts of animal meats.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
huh? Just not buying prepackaged frozen food goes most of the way there. Fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, straight cuts of animal meats.
strawberries,bananas, natural peanut butter and cold cuts from the deli.

done. you can add fish oil caps, then you're really done

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
strawberries,bananas, natural peanut butter and cold cuts from the deli.

done. you can add fish oil caps, then you're really done

for sure, it really isn't that hard. Most people would notice an immediate benefit in how they look if that was the ONLY thing they changed was just buying healthier alternatives to what they ALREADY eat.

One of the biggest complaints I hear from people who ask me about what types of things to eat is that the healthy stuff costs more. They won't pay 3 dollars for 16oz jar of natty pb when they can get 2lbs of jif for a dollar less.

And I tell them look, it's no secret it's cheaper to be fat and out of shape, and that's your prerogative, but I'll pay a few dollars more and take care of my body the right way.

jontrainer

Awards
At Costco a pound of organic boneless skinless chicken breast is $5.99. The organic eggs are about $3.00 a dozen. Not too bad considering Boars Head cold cuts are about $9.99 a pound. Trader Joes is also very reasonable.