90% of the stuff on this site is BS

Cloob

Awards
Some people stick to their hobbies, others find new ones. If building a perfect body was easy everyone would do it. That is what I love. I love the challenge of everytime I walk into the gym, the stress relief I get to take out on the weights, the goals I look to obtain, the healthy lifestyle I get to live, and the role model I get to play for my kids who at 7 & 11 yrs old now love to tag along and go to the gym.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
and the role model I get to play for my kids who at 7 & 11 yrs old now love to tag along and go to the gym.
Hells yeah! Setting a good example for the young ones. Our daughter turns 12 in less than a month and gets her own gym membership. :yup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. I am calling my pops right now......doing everything else except giving me nandrolone. sheesh. An oversized penis is the greatest gift you can give your son.

also..................I dont want to look like a greek statue, I want arms like Sergio Oliva in his prime.........I bet you if he had showed up in those days, all the greek statues would look like him....

I agree about most supplements though. A waste of money. :sasmokin:
I wonder when I should start injecting my son? He'll thank me later i'm sure.

and I always wanted to look like a greek statue, I never realized I was going to end up looking like a minotaur tho.

Cloob

Awards
Hells yeah! Setting a good example for the young ones. Our daughter turns 12 in less than a month and gets her own gym membership. :yup:
With all the child obesity going on with kids sitting around all day playing video games etc isn't it a great feeling that your kids are doing something healthy and positive versus destructive?

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been on this site in about 2 years.

I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

During the past 2 years, I attended culinary school and recently graduated. I of course learned how to cook some great meals. Combining my new knowledge of food and what I used to do, I have some thoughts:

Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.

Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.
Get back to the kitchen!!!!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I think there are a lot of good opinions here. You've made me sway my opinion a little.

I guess what it all comes down to is this. Regardless of level of dedication, everyone here is fitness conscious, which is more than you can say about the majority of America.

I remember my days where I took it to the extreme. That isn't my style anymore but damn I sure did love it. I might have over-obsessed but whatever. I guess it is up to each individual to decide whether his obsession is too much. I always did enjoy the quote: "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

I guess when I think of sculpture, I think of something like Michelangelo's "David". I would have no problem looking like that. Thanks for the opinions everyone! It is nice to be back.

At 5'11 and 165 pounds I am thinking he should add a little more meat into his sauces.
How about I cook your girlfriend dinner and put a little more meat in her? :yup:

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
I think there are a lot of good opinions here. You've made me sway my opinion a little.

I guess what it all comes down to is this. Regardless of level of dedication, everyone here is fitness conscious, which is more than you can say about the majority of America.

I remember my days where I took it to the extreme. That isn't my style anymore but damn I sure did love it. I might have over-obsessed but whatever. I guess it is up to each individual to decide whether his obsession is too much. I always did enjoy the quote: "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

I guess when I think of sculpture, I think of something like Michelangelo's "David". I would have no problem looking like that. Thanks for the opinions everyone! It is nice to be back.

How about I cook your girlfriend dinner and put a little more meat in her? :yup:
It is actually my wife, not girlfriend and I asked her about it and told her your stats and she told me she has no interest in males that have not yet hit puberty.
I remember when I was 165 pounds. It was a cold, autumn day... I had just turned 9.

Southpaw is exempt from this caption ^ since it doesn't apply to men.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.
using the art of the ancient greeks is silly. Specifically as the Greeks were know to idealize the human form in their art work. In otherwords, it was not a realistic depiction of the human body. This also was tied in to their belief in anthropomorphic gods.

The same practice in art was used by the Egyptians and the Romans. It extended a message of power over the people.

With that said, no they were not at their version of Nutraplanet, however, as you said, they ate well etc... But to use their sculpture (discobolos, weary herakles, etc..) is foolish

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
Dude... that's just wrong. There is no need to bring that man's wife into this. :*******:
It is all good, bluehealer... that is a desperation move for some attention. Almost like how this whoe thread started off as an attention grab. After a 2 year layoff he comes onto a site that is based on nutrition, supplements,bodybuilding, lifting, etc... and tells everyone they are dumb for still talking about the same sport. Did you thing after 2 years you would come back and we would be talking about NASCAR? Bottom line is you show up out of the blue and sh it talk everyone about how they are wasting their time and how their lives are pathetic. You are a lame little fella. Some of the guys wasting time on your pathetic attention starved thread generally put their information into really positive threads. As for the wife comment I find it funny. It is always the uneducated clowns that make comments like that.

Another thing. It is always the clowns like you that don't snag model wives like the reasonable guys. Have a good day :)

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
It is actually my wife, not girlfriend and I asked her about it and told her your stats and she told me she has no interest in males that have not yet hit puberty.
I remember when I was 165 pounds. It was a cold, autumn day... I had just turned 9.

Well then I'll cook your wife dinner and put my t-bone in her. :firedevil: Douche. You actually asked her and told her my stats? You took the energy to do that? I guess it bothered you then.

So even though she's your wife she has an interest in other guys who have hit puberty? I'd keep a close eye on that one. So by model you mean Lane Bryant right? Sex must also be horrible since you can't wipe your ass. The smell must be horrid.

Didn't learn anything from grade school? If somebody picks on you. If you give a reaction, that's what they want. You are very correct sir. An attention grabber exactly. It worked didn't it? It's fun to get a rise out of people, especially in a forum where I will never see any of you in person. Kind of like when I make stupid, below the belt jabs at your wife. Don't take it so seriously, ignore me, or stop taking **** in a forum so seriously.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established

OWNED

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

So she IS interested in males that have just hit puberty, or are still in puberty?

btw,

you must have been a fat , fat kid to be 165 at 9 years old.

Reminds me of my niece. Shes 13 and weighs close to 200lbs.

Childhood obesity is a terrible thing.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
So she IS interested in males that have just hit puberty, or are still in puberty?

btw,

you must have been a fat , fat kid to be 165 at 9 years old.

Reminds me of my niece. Shes 13 and weighs close to 200lbs.

Childhood obesity is a terrible thing.
I think she is interested in males who have began puberty. That is good because standards are always helpful.

Good point! No wonder he is upset easily. He must have been the target of all the kids mockery at school.

diegone

Awards
I'm sure that was figurative language, he meant he was 165 lbs years ago since he is now +200lbs. That's disrespectful to mess around with his wife, he could probably crush all of you with one arm you keyboard thugs.

Stay away from the internet kids.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure that was figurative language, he meant he was 165 lbs years ago since he is now +200lbs. That's disrespectful to mess around with his wife, he could probably crush all of you with one arm you keyboard thugs.

Stay away from the internet kids.

lol what are you 12?

ken shamrock couldnt 'crush' me with one arm.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
So he metaphorically could beat me up with one arm?

what the **** does that mean?

don't try to answer me. I already know you're an idiot.

diegone

Awards
So he metaphorically could beat me up with one arm?

what the **** does that mean?

don't try to answer me. I already know you're an idiot.
He probably could, if you're the one in your avatar picture hiding your tool ugly face and your 14% (if not higher) body fat. If I were you I'd be running outside instead of doing so much cardio in the keyboard, I mean summers starting man, step your game up. This kinda makes sense you're dissing someones girl cause you don't have one of your own. Must suck to be so insecure. Pure envy.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
He probably could, if you're the one in your avatar picture hiding your tool ugly face and your 14% (if not higher) body fat. If I were you I'd be running outside instead of doing so much cardio in the keyboard, I mean summers starting man, step your game up. This kinda makes sense you're dissing someones girl cause you don't have one of your own. Must suck to be so insecure. Pure envy.
lol!

keep it comin man.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you know about ancient greece- they looked NOTHING like the sculptures- poor analogy

other than this i agree, bodybuilding IS NOT all there is to life....I made it that for like 6 months- i was miserable....now its just something im passionate about

really passionate- but it doesnt run my life

and yes i use steroids

okay and some of them from ancient greece looked like that or they would have no model for sculptures but the majority did not
and yes i use steroids and bodybuilding is not my entire life

and no fruit sugars are the best kind for you

and im out

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
ok, to clear up the nonsense.

I believe the OPs original intent was to illustrate that alot of people try to focus on details like taking l arginine pre workout while missing the big picture stuff like having your diet dialed in.

Some people got offended by the notion that their supplements werent doing anything and that they were idiots for buying into the industry. Personally I enjoy supplements and i am a huge fan - mainly for the health aspects.

Taking green tea extract, red wine, extract, pomegranate extract, etc

As for the wife comments, i dont believe they were over the line. I believe if you bust someones balls about not being big or whatever, you should expect a corresponding jab. Of course, the OP started it by starting the rant.

In the end, the whole thing is a big hobby. People are going to spend their time and money on whatever they find to be fun and/or productive.

Like the guy said, this is a nutrition forum. People are going to talk about nutrition.

Don't go to a dungeons and dragons forum and expect them to be talking about football.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Hi, you have received -134 reputation points from schwellington.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
have some respect for females they are human beings to- grow up

Regards,
schwellington

Note: This is an automated message.
:lmao:

Anyone else who took my post as a bash to women, it was not, but a slight heckeling of the OP. I'll make sure to keep my eye out for feelings next time.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unsubscribed.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I believe the OPs original intent was to illustrate that alot of people try to focus on details like taking l arginine pre workout while missing the big picture stuff like having your diet dialed in.

Some people got offended by the notion that their supplements werent doing anything and that they were idiots for buying into the industry. Personally I enjoy supplements and i am a huge fan - mainly for the health aspects.

As for the wife comments, i dont believe they were over the line. I believe if you bust someones balls about not being big or whatever, you should expect a corresponding jab. Of course, the OP started it by starting the rant.

In the end, the whole thing is a big hobby. People are going to spend their time and money on whatever they find to be fun and/or productive.

Like the guy said, this is a nutrition forum. People are going to talk about nutrition.

Don't go to a dungeons and dragons forum and expect them to be talking about football.
I think that is what he meant. if you precision time out all your meals, all sorts of supplements, shakes etc vs you just eat well in general maybe use creatine your difference in gains or the way you look isn't huge and unless you compete or model theres better ways to spend your time. My personal feeling is that obsession with supplement and meal timing as well as macros and types of carbs, proteins etc every meal will make less than a 10% difference to someone just eating all around well and using a few basic supplements.

That said, the bodybuilding obsession with meals and timings may be good for some individuals who haven't seen a psychiatrist and aren't on meds cause at least its a somewhat healthier obsession than being alcoholic, addicted to drugs, etc.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed for internet tough guy hilarity!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think we all need to cross over the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
LOL....Hugs anyone!

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Dude, supplements are granteed to work all the time, 90% of the time...lol

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established

Exactly! The human body is very adaptable and complex. **** the Greek Sculpture analogy. Here is one you can relate to and see in day to day life:

Someone who works a job such as say....construction, or any other job that is a workout in itself will probably be in good shape. Are they doing all that nonsense? No.

I think people like to control all of the details because it gives you a sense you're doing all you can, which makes sense, especially considering how much work we can put in at the gym.

My original point is that this entire site is filled with debates about lots of specifics that are ridiculous, unless you are a professional or serious athlete or professional bodybuilder.

Just push your body beyond what it is used to, it will grow and eat your fruits and veggies blah blah blah. Oh yeah! Then maybe you can have a life and not be that douche at dinner who gets the grilled chicken with steam broccoli. Enjoy life!

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
My original point is that this entire site is filled with debates about lots of specifics that are ridiculous, unless you are a professional or serious athlete or professional bodybuilder.

Just push your body beyond what it is used to, it will grow and eat your fruits and veggies blah blah blah. Oh yeah! Then maybe you can have a life and not be that douche at dinner who gets the grilled chicken with steam broccoli. Enjoy life!
Some people enjoy this sort of thing. Just because you don't, that does not make them a douche.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread is still open????

Talk about not having a life and being a D-bag.

I'll keep my bodybuilding life style and you keep crying about not being dedicated enough to hang with us big boys.

That's what we are DEDICATED I'm sorry you're not.

I enjoy everyday of my life. I LOVE my life. I LOVE my diet, I LOVE training and most importantly I LOVE being able to do something "90%" of the population CAN NOT do.

Go eat your cake buddy, have a beer, eat fast food and smoke some crack, by all means enjoy life.

Unsub'd for the 2nd time.

ephedroman

Awards
This thread is hilarious.

Oh and Im neutral in this situation by stating that^

Continue on.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
This thread is hilarious.

Oh and Im neutral in this situation by stating that^

Continue on.
Have some balls, pick a side. If you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything.

I'm also neutral on this.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This site is about selling selling supplements nothing more. It may have been about other things before there were sponsors but most of you that posted in this thread were not around then. Sure its a good site to learn about different supplements and find out what they are all about. If you really want to learn about nutrition I suggest you go elsewhere though. I agree with the original poster of this thread that its mostly a game of copycat here. Like most threads on this site, it started out good but then was ruined and is now out of control and not worth following.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Hey, 60% of the time. It works all the time. You can't ****ing argue with those kind of results man :trout:
According to the great philosopher Homer (Simpson, not the Greek guy), 40% of all people know this.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
This site is about selling selling supplements nothing more. It may have been about other things before there were sponsors but most of you that posted in this thread were not around then. Sure its a good site to learn about different supplements and find out what they are all about. If you really want to learn about nutrition I suggest you go elsewhere though. I agree with the original poster of this thread that its mostly a game of copycat here. Like most threads on this site, it started out good but then was ruined and is now out of control and not worth following.
Excellent post. And from an OG, gives it credibility.