3-AD: Putting "thesinner" back in "synergy"

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
:head:
Me with 135lbs on a dipping belt. The +1 is for a rest pause. 7 continuous reps to positive failure, a 10-15 second break, 1 more rep.
I've gotten to 120 before @ 12 reps. I'm gonna see if I can hit 135lbs for 7 reps like you :head:

120lbs, I can already feel a ton of pressure on my sternum. It is funny, b/c just about everyone at my gym can't dip their own bodyweight, or just barely can dip their own bodyweight, so it is an 'awe' thing when I actually add weight to dip with.

Also are all your exercises to failure ?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Me with 135lbs on a dipping belt. The +1 is for a rest pause. 7 continuous reps to positive failure, a 10-15 second break, 1 more rep.
:jaw:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good on the presses, however slacking big time on the lack of videos or pictures.
I blame my training partner who's been slacking on getting his ass outta bed in the morning to work out with me.

Although I really have to admit, it feels really faux pas to bring a camera in with you to the gym.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:head:

I've gotten to 120 before @ 12 reps. I'm gonna see if I can hit 135lbs for 7 reps like you :head:

120lbs, I can already feel a ton of pressure on my sternum. It is funny, b/c just about everyone at my gym can't dip their own bodyweight, or just barely can dip their own bodyweight, so it is an 'awe' thing when I actually add weight to dip with.

Also are all your exercises to failure ?
Yeah. My line of thought is, if despite all your efforts, you cannot move the weight another inch......that's giving your body just another reason to get bigger. I do 1-2 warmup sets, but only one working set to total positive failure.

Research has shown sets to failure vs. gains to function towards an assymptote (naturally, it's related nth order reactions), so I figure I might as well do one set, make it count, and let my body's metabolism do the rest.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to try that change. I read an article awhile back that showed that training to failure often was counterproductive. I think however they ran 3-4 sets to failure consecutively.

Doing only 1 set might be the answer.

I might change up my routine, add in more exercises and use less sets and run each one to failure.

Does this type of exercising allow for training the body parts more than once a week due to less volume, per se ?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll have to try that change. I read an article awhile back that showed that training to failure often was counterproductive. I think however they ran 3-4 sets to failure consecutively.

Doing only 1 set might be the answer.

I might change up my routine, add in more exercises and use less sets and run each one to failure.

Does this type of exercising allow for training the body parts more than once a week due to less volume, per se ?
The issue I have with most training styles, and the research behind them is that they work in a "semi-batch" process. Meaning that 6 weeks will work great, but after 8 weeks the routine can become counterproductive, due to the eventual degradation of an integral metabolic function. At this point you can either take a week or two off, or you go off and bastardize another metabolic pathway to muscle growth.

I've found that I'm much more content with making smaller but continuous gains, than simply "sucking the well dry", making all my gains up front, and frantically having to find another way to grow.

You could probably go a little more frequency due to the dramatically less volume. Depending on how many sets you're doing, I wouldn't work the same group more than twice per week. The gains don't come as fast, but they also don't stop coming.

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
I left a question in an other thread for hank, so if you guys ee him let him know.

TF

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
hunny buns i have to say its a really nice log you got here , you got the usual hijackers and trolls but other than that good log bro

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sinner, Great log so far!

You seem to have an approach that is similar to mine, which is the Mike Mentzer / Dorian Yates "Heavy Duty" philosophy of weight training.

My question is: do you ever take a periodic break from the training-to-failure, 1-set-per-exercise (with negative reps) style? Every so often I like to confuse the muscles by doing drop sets, or doing high-rep sets with lighter weights.
I kinda cycle through High reps, low reps, and negatives. There's no set scheme for doing them, so I just kinda do them randomly. I also like to use the rest-pause method periodically as well. I don't think rest-pause has a direct effect on building mass, but it certainly helps me out with my strength.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far, I've put on about 3lbs, which in about 3 weeks isn't half bad. For a single component cycle, I usually put on about 3-5lbs in 4 weeks, so this is pretty much on schedule.

I'll have to post my weekly measurements tomorrow.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL nothing shuts me up..well maybe the boxer shorts you posed in:)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
measurements

Arms: 15 3/4"
Chest: 45 1/2 "
Gut: 31 1/2 "

Cardio this weekend was kinda blah. I've been kinda tired, so I'm just takin' 'er easy.

Science term of the weekend: The Reynold's Number (Re) - this is a unitless parameter used to determine the flow character of a moving fluid. It's essentially the ratio of inertia to viscosity. It's used to classify 3 types of flow. Re < 2100 is laminar flow, Re > 4000 is turbulent flow, 2100>Re>4000 is transition flow, think transvestite: you don't know what the heck's going on. ;) I'll have to explain laminar flow tomorrow. There's a pretty good analogy for it.

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
Laminar flow is like a stream flowing smoothly in a strait direct line. Turbulent flow is like a stream going through a turn with back eddys. Transition flow is a mix of the two.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
kinda. laminar flow has a tendency to get caught up against the sides of the pipe, creating what's know as a "boundary layer". The best way to visualize laminar flow (I guess I'll have to talk about another science term tomorrow) is to look at your feet when you walk. The fluid particles will pick up, move a little bit, and set back down. The reason why golfballs have dimples and fish have scales are actually due to this boundary layer phenomenon. The rough/textured surface helps to minimize the boundary layer around the golfball/fish allowing it to travel better through the air or water.

Turbulent flow doesn't actually have to go through a turn, it just needs to move really fast through the pipe. Going through a turn will often make the flow more turbulent in character. What happens is the momentum builds up, and it gives the viscous forces the big ol' :FUfinger: Turbulent flow can often be used for usung "plug flow" estimation. Plug flow, meaning you assume the fluid doesn't get tied up along the edges, and flows though the pipe like solid "plug" (kinda like a bullet firing outta the chamber, if that helps you visualize it).

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your science articles remind me on the most useless commentary in a magazine I read today about how the Large Hadron Collider is going to create a stranglet or a blackhole and wipe out civilization. There's actually a filing to stop the operation of the $ 7 billion LHC lol.

Anyways looking good sinner, I might do a run of 3 AD. I've been on DTH for 5 weeks now and I have been quite disappointed, which is odd because I heard amazing things about it and so I bought the twin pack :S Oh well

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your science articles remind me on the most useless commentary in a magazine I read today about how the Large Hadron Collider is going to create a stranglet or a blackhole and wipe out civilization. There's actually a filing to stop the operation of the $ 7 billion LHC lol.
You've just given me an idea for some concepts that'll last through the week.

Anyways looking good sinner, I might do a run of 3 AD. I've been on DTH for 5 weeks now and I have been quite disappointed, which is odd because I heard amazing things about it and so I bought the twin pack :S Oh well
If you end up doing a run, please log it. I'd love to follow. I'm really eager to see what this stuff can do at higher doses. A couple of the other loggers have done 6 caps per day with really awesome results.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lookin good in them photos! no homo!
c'mon now, who are you trying to fool? :burger:

Went and did some more jumprope this afternoon (was a little disappointed by this morning's performance). I think after getting food in me, I did much better. Also, the rope got tangled, and the figure 8 smacked me in the eye. Good times. I'll try to post up a pick of the bruise if it develops darm enough to see.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey sin have any of your effects dropped off at all? Strength gains, libido, aggression?

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
c'mon now, who are you trying to fool? :burger:

Went and did some more jumprope this afternoon (was a little disappointed by this morning's performance). I think after getting food in me, I did much better. Also, the rope got tangled, and the figure 8 smacked me in the eye. Good times. I'll try to post up a pick of the bruise if it develops darm enough to see.
dont even go there girl friend! lol

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey sin have any of your effects dropped off at all? Strength gains, libido, aggression?
agression has dropped off, i suppose. I'm not a really agressive person in the first place, though.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think that all steroids amplify your real personality. If you are an ******* in real life then you are twice as bad on cycle.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that all steroids amplify your real personality. If you are an ******* in real life then you are twice as bad on cycle.
wow, then theres quite a few people here who I hope never juice ;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may have missed it, but are you using Spiro/Oral Finasteride/Nizoral/Minoxidial/AA, or any combination therein to combat hair loss?

This compound should be somewhat detrimental to the hairline of those with andro., alopecia, though user logs don't reflect that.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't really had much noticible differences in hairloss. Then again, I've always had a really high crown.

Not using any hairloss stuff.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back & Biceps today. Second to last day of my cycle :)...wait...that means it's almost over....:(

Deadlift: 365*6
Barbell Row: 245*10
Weighted Pullups: 90*5
Incline DB Curls (4 count negative): 50*11
Donkey Calf Raise: 20
Dragon Flags: 20

bodyweight: 187

Pumps have been nothing short of phenomenal this past week. Although there's little direct correlation between just getting a "pump" and building muscle, it can be a sign of an optimal growth environment as some anaolic hormones (NOT Nitric Oxide) can create this effect; hence the misconstrued association between a "pump" and building mass, followed by the flawed theory behind NO products.

Science term of the day: Anti-Matter - Matter is anything and everthing comprised of atoms. Atoms being small particles comprised of electrons, neutrons and protons. In 1932, the discovery of what's know as a "positron" was made. A positron is the same size as an electron, but with opposite charge (positive instead of negative). Anti-matter refers to an atom made of "positrons" and "anti-protons" (protons with a negative charge). Antimatter is incredibly unstable and must remain suspended in a perfect vacuum.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm probably one of the few here that hates the pumps. When I'm pumped it hinders my workouts.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I thought that a 'pump' is nothing more than localized edema within a muscle group ?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you end up doing a run, please log it. I'd love to follow. I'm really eager to see what this stuff can do at higher doses. A couple of the other loggers have done 6 caps per day with really awesome results.
I try and log everything I do. The reason I didn't log my Diesel Test Hardcore was that I thought I would be getting XFactor a week or two in and didn't want to cut it short. I still have about 2.5 weeks worth of DTH, so I might throw up a log but I'm not sure if it's too late now.
I was quite disappointed with the results this far, so I might just do a final review. I really liked the Coq Diesel+Trib Test Extreme, and had heard good things about DTH, but for me it just hasn't delivered.

Anyways good luck with your last WO today on 3-AD,and update us how the PCT goes.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last Day of 3-AD.

Legs & Shoulders.
Front Squat: 205*9
Walking Lunges: 60's*22
DB Military Press: 80*9
DB Side Laterals: 25*13
Seated Calf Raise: 14
Decline Crunches: 25*16

Great Workout. It seems like 3-AD really started kicking into high gear during the 3rd week for me, as I've noticed much greater improvements in overall workout performance lately. Kinda busy this morning, so I'll put together my final review either later today or tomorrow.

Science term of the day: Tachyon. Had to save the best for last :D In the super string theory (actual name for quantum physics theory), it is believed that 3 types of particles exist: bosons, fermions, tachyons. It is also believed that mass functions with velocity. Particles containing mass approach a limit of 3 billion meters per second (speed of light). Particles traveling at the speed of light (i.e. photons), obviously have no mass (otherwise tanning beds would crush you ;)). Henceforth, a tachyon is something with a negative mass, that travels FASTER than the speed of light. What I've always found fascinating about this concept is that the speed of light is what limits your perception of things. In other words, when you see a car driving down the street, there's a minute lag time between the car's position in space, and the time it takes for the image to reach your eyes. In the event of a tachyon, it would be long gone before the brief streak of itself would make its way to your eyes. If you were a tachyon, and stopped abruptly, you could see the image of yourself coming towards you.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Todays science term was interesting. Glad to hear the 3AD is working for you.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Sin you got to read The Fabric of the Cosmos! I'm only 100 pages in and it started off with just some general knowledge but it is really getting interesting. I think you would really like it (although some of it may be redundant/boring for you overall its solid.)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets' see. I owe you guys a review, huh?

Ok, here's the summary

Gains: 3 lbs
Increases in size:
-Arms: 3/8"
-Chest: 1"

Would I run it again?
-Definitely.

How would I run it differently in the future?
-I would definitely run it at higher doses (5-6 caps), stack with another compound, or both. :D I'd be sure to eat more carbs while using.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Nice gains boss. I'm a little upset that you're log is over as those Science terms of the day were taking me back to my Chem Eng classes two years ago.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice gains boss. I'm a little upset that you're log is over as those Science terms of the day were taking me back to my Chem Eng classes two years ago.
You're a ChE too?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
great review bob,

I would REALLY like to see a higher dosed log of this since its been the general concensus that its great at this dose but "feels" like it can offer so much more.... the only thing that Ive seen across the baords is increased aggrivation and Trauma and I both were thinking that maybe a higher dose might not be tolerable in this regard.... might get a few cases like Dr.D's and my SD ragathons... lol.

Great review again man, cant wait to try this myself... dosed higher of course ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha. My pleasure. I always loved the theory behind things. The theory behind how various things happen is usually something kinda goofy.

I'll see if I can't get a pic of my post 3-AD self, so crader has no reason to complain about lack of pics, and dsade has reason to kick my ass for posting pics of myself in boxers for crader to see. :D

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Matt would not complain about the pics, he likes to look at them...lol

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I agree with you Sinner ... you should take the boxers off for the pics. :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I've got a few exams this morning, work, and then I'm going out to a party tonight, to show off my newly sexified body. Boxer-less pics to come hopefully this weekend.

Workouts have been really good still. Hit a new P.R. with weighted dips yesterday (160*6). Good workout this morning. I'll keep ya posted, but as the semester's coming to a close, I'm gonna be on the boards less.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Well, I've got a few exams this morning, work, and then I'm going out to a party tonight, to show off my newly sexified body. Boxer-less pics to come hopefully this weekend.

Workouts have been really good still. Hit a new P.R. with weighted dips yesterday (160*6). Good workout this morning. I'll keep ya posted, but as the semester's coming to a close, I'm gonna be on the boards less.

ahhhh the rewards of summer time.