20% vs 95% forskolin

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Any difference with the exception of the amount you have to take.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It'll probably make you crap your brains out.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup. The lower % extracts have a greater potential to cause GI issues.
But like anything your body will probably get used to it

But analyzed supps has it nice and cheap right now. Grab a case and run it

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
a case? lol

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Would not use 20% extract. Simply because of the GI stress.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When using the 95% extracts i noticed no GI discomfort at all but when we messed around with the 20% extracts GI discomfort was a lot more common.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When using the 95% extracts i noticed no GI discomfort at all but when we messed around with the 20% extracts GI discomfort was a lot more common.
That happens supposedly with osthole extracts as well.

Pop A Molly

Pop A Molly

Banned
Awards
All i know when i was running Forskolin 95% at 75mg daily it were great! too bad it can't be taked year round , thinking about getting it up to 100mg daily.
never tried 20% though

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All i know when i was running Forskolin 95% at 75mg daily it were great! too bad it can't be taked year round , thinking about getting it up to 100mg daily.
never tried 20% though
Think I read nattyD saying taking it year round at 50mg...if I recall...

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
never tried 20% though
100mg can be taken up to 12 weeks.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This is totally honest here:

I used to use 20% PF forskolin before SS had a 95%. I actually found that it ended up crushing my gains in the gym. I was weak, lethargic, and constantly hypotensive. The high dose of coleus forskohlii causes a secretory, cholera-esque diarrhea that can be ergolytic for many people.

In contrast, I've used up to 150mg SS Forskolin-95 with no GI issues, increases in strength/LBM, and loss of bodyfat. The "GI side effects" of low % forksolin are more than a simple inconvenience; they disrupt electrolyte/fluid balance in the body and can affect your strength negatively.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is totally honest here:

I used to use 20% PF forskolin before SS had a 95%. I actually found that it ended up crushing my gains in the gym. I was weak, lethargic, and constantly hypotensive. The high dose of coleus forskohlii causes a secretory, cholera-esque diarrhea that can be ergolytic for many people.

In contrast, I've used up to 150mg SS Forskolin-95 with no GI issues, increases in strength/LBM, and loss of bodyfat. The "GI side effects" of low % forksolin are more than a simple inconvenience; they disrupt electrolyte/fluid balance in the body and can affect your strength negatively.
So this is meaning that coleus forskohlii has hypotensive properties independent of just its forskolin content, correct?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So this is meaning that coleus forskohlii has hypotensive properties independent of just its forskolin content, correct?
Negative. Secretory diarrhea results in chloride ion flux into the GI lumen, which releases an isotonic solution into the gut (and eventually out the anus). This draws directly from the ECF and loss of interstital ECF is also reflected in one of the sub-compartments: the plasma. This is a physical reduction in blood volume, not a vasodilation effect.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Negative. Secretory diarrhea results in chloride ion flux into the GI lumen, which releases an isotonic solution into the gut (and eventually out the anus). This draws directly from the ECF and loss of interstital ECF is also reflected in one of the sub-compartments: the plasma. This is a physical reduction in blood volume, not a vasodilation effect.
Thank you, that makes more sense. I thought you were indicating that coleus forskohlii had to profound of an impact on lowering BP, independent of Forskolin's impact on BP.

sisi1887

Awards
Hmmm I have used Forskoliln 20% with no GI issue, but I'm wondering if it is negatively effecting my strength gains in the gym now. I am currently in a deficit with no real noticable strength loss (a little on bench but could be due to the weight loss).

JD261985

Banned
Awards
For me it seems that a combination of potential GI disrupting ingredients give me problems. Standalone I'm cool but when I start combining too much crap together I have issues

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank god for me.. 20% and 95% do nothing different in my gi tract!!

Mike

cush75

Awards
How do you dose at 100mg? 50mg twice a day? Also, when stacking with dopa, do you take at the same time? I stocked up during the last Analyzed sale - primary goal is fat loss.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

True I would get GI issues for the first day or two on the old version of PCT Assist......oh course double dosing did not help either:p

sisi1887

Awards
Could the GI issue also be caused by the quality of the product? I'm using a 20%, but it's supplying it from Forslean (Sabinsa), and have had no issues with it.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please explain?
Read the hundreds of people who suffer from indigestion from lower % of extracts vs the number of people who dont from 95%

I dont know the contents of the other 80% of the extract to know what exactly is causing it

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Read the hundreds of people who suffer from indigestion from lower % of extracts vs the number of people who dont from 95%

I dont know the contents of the other 80% of the extract to know what exactly is causing it
Do you think it is possibly because 95%(just threw out #) of the companies used the lower % for years and very few have the higher percentage?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thats what I'm using now, good stuff! No GI issues.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Do you think it is possibly because 95%(just threw out #) of the companies used the lower % for years and very few have the higher percentage?
No, studies in GI models show that several constituents of coleus forskohlii extrude chloride ions into the GI lumen. Water follows, creating a secretory diarrhea

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I see it now. They use the 95% Forskolin. Good stuff.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, studies in GI models show that several constituents of coleus forskohlii extrude chloride ions into the GI lumen. Water follows, creating a secretory diarrhea
My GI issues with Forskolin has never been diarrhea but cramping..extreme cramping for several hrs

sideshowdoc

Awards
I'm interested why it gives people diarrhea though as it also relaxes small intestinal smooth muscle. Wouldn't a delay in transit allow for re absorption of some of the secretions and counter that effect? Or would its spasmolytic properties not be that strong compared to the secretions it causes?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Why do people use Forskolin?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the effects of it that much better when jumping from 50mg to 75mg?
I feel so. I find 100mg to be my "sweet spot" from a price and effect stand point, but am playing around with ~150mg right now (due to the crazy deal AS had on F-95 recently).

I find 50mg is a solid and effective dose alongside other ingredients, while 100mg+ is very effective even pretty much standalone.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel so. I find 100mg to be my "sweet spot" from a price and effect stand point, but am playing around with ~150mg right now (due to the crazy deal AS had on F-95 recently).

I find 50mg is a solid and effective dose alongside other ingredients, while 100mg+ is very effective even pretty much standalone.
Are you following my log ? I'm using it in my stack maybe ill bump it to 75? I got 2 bottles left

The skinny stack. Is the name of the log

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I've been following along in there. You got a sick combo of things going on. :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
50mg is sufficient, but if you have more than I'd say give 75 a shot. ;)

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards

I stick around 75 for me. I feel it works the best for my body. I was playing around with 50 first but it wasn't enough.i needed more. Then I bumped it up and man what a difference in everything. It really worked.