Diet plan (start of cutting cycle) One day

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
okay I was working on my daily diet plan for Monday and wanted to run this one by all of you and get some comments.

breakfast
2/3 cup of oatmeal
4 egg beaters
16 oz of water

Snack 1
1 can sunkist tuna
1 cup brown rice

Lunch
1 whole banana
1 chicken breast about 6 oz or so
1 cup of green beans
1 small baked potato with 1 Tbs of light olive oil on it

Snack 2
Home-made MRP till the Myoplex comes in 1 scope of slim fast and 2 scoops of lean gainer protein from protein factory

Dinner
1 Chicken Breast
1 cup of lettuce
1 cup of chopped raw carrots

Snack 3
1 large raw carrot
6 oz of fat free yogurt

This look okay ended up being 2447 total calories with 326 grams of carbs, 33 grams of fat, and 208 of protein. I usually attempt to polish off at least 2 to 3 liters of water at work and at least that at home.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
How much do you weigh guy? DO NOT take slim fast, pure sugar. 325 G carbs may be a little high, depending on your weight and at what stage you're in. Need casein at night, try a little cottage cheese, or but a casein blend. Throw a little flax in at night as well.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Right, Have a some type of milk related product before bed, cottage cheese is excellent, or a couple large glasses of milk will suffice. 326 grams of carbs isnt too bad as long as the majority of them are eating early, between RMR and cardio these should be trimmed down quite a bit. If al lelse fails you could lower the carbs and up the fat a bit, depending upon your weight, you want about 1.25-1.45 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight to insure no muscle is lost during your cutting phase, all in all it appears you've done your research and good luck with your cutting cycle.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Hey thanks for the feedback guys. I will add the cottage cheese to the last meal of the evening.. I weighted last night and I was at 249, so I will have to adjust the calories. Also, I think I will have to add some protein and drop some carbs, if I need to keep it at about 1.25 to 1.45 g of protein/lbs. So I will post the revised Tuesday menu tonight after I finish it. OT but does anyone use Protrack fitness software? 

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
LOL.. I have one of those also.. I just use it because it is alittle quicker at times to play around with meals...

Kay

Awards
i would move the lunch meal to the breakfast meal, coz it seems like you are eating more at lunch than breakfast.
Try to eat (trying is the key word, i know it gets really hard for me to do this) in a upside down triangle manner, eat the most at breakfast, and lesser and lesser as the day progresses.

Eat like a King at breakfast, a merchant at lunch, and as a miser at dinner. {something like that:D}
It could be different, but english is not really my major, exercise physiology is though!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info Kay, I kinda did that anyway. I had to redo my calculations because of a drop in weight so I ended up taking out the 'nana at lunch anyway. Also added 1/2 cup of cottage cheese to the last snack.

Where are you from Kay? 

Kay

Awards

Where are you from Kay? 
Edmonton, AB canada
Home of the Oilers :D, and the grey cup champs , eskimos (well they will be in a week) <---- that's CFL by the way (The better alternative to the NFL)