Best diet plan for dropping fat and bulking up?

TheBigBrodie

TheBigBrodie

Awards
  • Established
So I need some help. I have been trying to figure out the best method to bulk up at the same time as dropping fat. I also would like to feel full on a regular basis (meaning my muscles nice and pumped 247) I was thinking 200g’s of protein all from fish. And around 50grams of carbs from rice. Basically only eating 3 times a day. Anyone have suggestions?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 50gr of carbs you're likely to be in ketosis, not optimal for muscle building. I like to be around 200gr of carbs at least, high protein and high fat and try to have the carbs early during the day

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
At 50gr of carbs you're likely to be in ketosis, not optimal for muscle building. I like to be around 200gr of carbs at least, high protein and high fat and try to have the carbs early during the day
Funny story. My friend that does carnivore keto, when he ate 5000 calories of meat each day gained 11lbs of muscle, per his dexa scan, in 2 months time. Then he got his test levels checked the other day, free test 19, total test under 200, shbg 89. With horrible hormone levels for his age, he put a ton of muscle on a keto bulk. He attributes it to the very high leucine and protein amount from eating that much beef every day; good signaling for mTOR.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny story. My friend that does carnivore keto, when he ate 5000 calories of meat each day gained 11lbs of muscle, per his dexa scan, in 2 months time. Then he got his test levels checked the other day, free test 19, total test under 200, shbg 89. With horrible hormone levels for his age, he put a ton of muscle on a keto bulk. He attributes it to the very high leucine and protein amount from eating that much beef every day; good signaling for mTOR.

As a beginner especially you can go far with anything and you can build muscle with almost any diet but there are levels to that too. I prefer the low carb diet but I do notice the difference during my bulking days when I implement higher carbs. It's one of those things where you can look at it the easy way and just go high carbs low fat or if you're experienced enough/getting the right intake of things you need be able to go quite far even with little to no carbs

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As a beginner especially you can go far with anything and you can build muscle with almost any diet but there are levels to that too. I prefer the low carb diet but I do notice the difference during my bulking days when I implement higher carbs. It's one of those things where you can look at it the easy way and just go high carbs low fat or if you're experienced enough/getting the right intake of things you need be able to go quite far even with little to no carbs
I myself enjoy a good carb refeed for the glycogen levels, but just enough to fill the muscle, and not the liver, so I can continue to run energy wise on fat. Literally have not blood sugar crashes or ups and downs. Same energy levels whether I eat or not.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I myself enjoy a good carb refeed for the glycogen levels, but just enough to fill the muscle, and not the liver, so I can continue to run energy wise on fat. Literally have not blood sugar crashes or ups and downs. Same energy levels whether I eat or not.

Yeah and I believe that the body gets a huge push doing that and it can feel quite good rather than having high carb every day

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah and I believe that the body gets a huge push doing that and it can feel quite good rather than having high carb every day
Definitely can. Although some guys that do keto fear a glucose refeed will hinder their fat adaption, or glucose even just to refill glycogen is so damaging to the body. I'm not that dogmatic. I can see the benefit of glycogen, especially if you want extra power for sprinting or gym session.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Either:
-HIIT daily
-1/2 time rest between sets with DC type training or FST—7
Intermittent Fasting with carb loads/refeeds.

OR
Use steroids. They’ll do all that.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not sure if serious thread, but that’s not really going to be possible in a usual situation.

No random combination of food choices (only fish?) is going to lead to that.

Better off choosing a direction to go.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What sort of fish do you eat, Brodie?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I need some help. I have been trying to figure out the best method to bulk up at the same time as dropping fat. I also would like to feel full on a regular basis (meaning my muscles nice and pumped 247) I was thinking 200g’s of protein all from fish. And around 50grams of carbs from rice. Basically only eating 3 times a day. Anyone have suggestions?
Bulk up at the same as dropping fat and staying full all the time... impossible to do without juice man. You could recomp slowly, or drop a bunch of fat and build possibly some muscle in the process, but doing what your saying is expecting far too much unless you have a lot of help from some super supplements!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bulk up at the same as dropping fat and staying full all the time... impossible to do without juice man. You could recomp slowly, or drop a bunch of fat and build possibly some muscle in the process, but doing what your saying is expecting far too much unless you have a lot of help from some super supplements!
is that fresh muscle or tissue he once had and gained back?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

is that fresh muscle or tissue he once had and gained back?
He is larger than he has ever been, so fresh muscle.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
12 lbs of LBM in 2 months for an experienced lifters who’s already built a decent physique? And he’s not on gear? Hell nah

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Youve got to find what works best with your body. Try ne stuff, try the fish diet, try more cardio, less cardio, etc, Its an ongoing experiment on learning your body, and just because it worked in the past doesn't mean itll work currently. It may, if it doesnt, you've got to change things.