Need help when i start cutting again

arbiterdbol

Awards
Ok, im currently doing a short 3 week bulk because ive been dieting the past 3-4 months with almost no success the last 2 months. I started out calories too low and want to do it right this time. I know what to eat and certain macro nutrient guide to follow. I just want to know how many calories to start cutting with, and also any suggustions to keep me from a plateau so soon this time. some stats
im 6' 195 bodyfat from 15-19%
weighlift 4 days per week
im thinking i should start cutting around 2700 calories per day starting with very little cardio. maybe decrease calories by 200 every week, and increase cardio slightly every week. will this approach keep me from a plateau so soon this time.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Still think you should get a thyroid check or something man. What you were explaining doesn't seem normal. If you were putting on fat at your last calorie intake with the energy output you said you had, then something isn't right and I doubt a 3 week binge will fix it. Could be wrong but I would still recommend getting a test or two done to make sure something isn't right. Thyroid/pancreas etc.

arbiterdbol

Awards
well i just started eating above maintenance 2 days ago and i feel great now. for some reason i wasnt very hungry on 2200-2500 calories a day, but im hungry every 2 hours now that im eating 3200 calories a day.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
im thinking i should start cutting around 2700 calories per day starting with very little cardio. maybe decrease calories by 200 every week, and increase cardio slightly every week. will this approach keep me from a plateau so soon this time.
You plateau with fat loss mainly because your body hits 'starvation mode' and refuses to let go of its energy stores after being in a caloric defecit after a prolonged period of time. You can get around this 'self defense mechanism' by incorporating clean maitenence-level refeeds every week or so, carb cycling, etc.

BV

arbiterdbol

Awards
so what do u guys think of my plan. ill also add a maintenance refeed once per week.

arbiterdbol

Awards
thanks, i guess ill finish up maintenance and start cutting again. u guys think 10 days slightly above maintenance is enough?