Run in a week for weight loss and health
- 04-15-2018, 03:20 PM
- 04-15-2018, 03:22 PM
I do 20-40 mins of easy cardio in the elliptical 5 days a week. It works great, and I've had plenty of success with it, I lost 100 lbs in about a year and I've kept most of my strength.
04-15-2018, 03:30 PM
That would depend on how much you weigh but as as guideline allow 100-130 kcals per mile (dependant on weight) so possibly up to 35 miles a week to lose a pound!!!!
However you don't need to run to lose weight, it would be easier to lose weight by eating less, once you get low on intake and weight loss plateaus then you could add cardio
04-15-2018, 04:08 PM
Nope. 10-12 minutes before lifting, and 10-12 minutes post lifting. Done. Be consistent in the kitchen and the gym.
Remember for recomp, you must rest and recuperate.
04-15-2018, 04:10 PM
04-15-2018, 04:11 PM
It's not about calories burnt while exercise. It never is.
It's a long string of connected behaviors with a slow effect over time producing the result.
04-15-2018, 04:12 PM
04-15-2018, 04:16 PM
I'm saying there are ways to increase output while still being able to recover which will help one reach a goal much faster. Obviously consistency is the name of the game for diet and training.
04-15-2018, 04:18 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Submisfit in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-10-2013, 02:25 AM
- By jwterry in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 03-22-2012, 01:36 AM
- By mattmiles in forum SupplementsReplies: 13Last Post: 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM
- By rastil in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
- By Sheesh in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 03-02-2003, 02:17 PM