Weight fluctuations?

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I am really wondering how to understand my weight fluctuations. Friday I weighed in at about 186. Saturday Morning I was about 184. No big deal there but then Sunday I was up 5.5 pounds and this morning I was up another 2.

I know that how I feel and what I look like in the mirror mean more the a scale but I just wonder why I can fluctuate about 10 pounds in a week up then down, up then down.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
water and food you should weigh yourself the some time every day.(in the morning before breakfest is good).

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
water and food you should weigh yourself the some time every day.(in the morning before breakfest is good).
I weigh myself everyday before breakfast. I guess I really retain water and I do eat more on the weekends as they are my cheat days.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, I am really wondering how to understand my weight fluctuations. Friday I weighed in at about 186. Saturday Morning I was about 184. No big deal there but then Sunday I was up 5.5 pounds and this morning I was up another 2.

I know that how I feel and what I look like in the mirror mean more the a scale but I just wonder why I can fluctuate about 10 pounds in a week up then down, up then down.
It is NATURAL and NORMAL for your weight to fluctuate over a week, even within a single DAY. It all depends on what you eat, how much fluids you have, temperature, training, etc.

Do NOT weight yourself every day. To get an accurate assessment of progress/results, weigh yourself only ONCE a week, on the SAME DAY each week (that way you're likely to be in a similiar condition re nutrition and training the day before), first thing in the morning after going to the toilet and before you drink or eat anything, in the nude. Go by THIS measurement re progress and NOT on daily changes.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

KRuth22

Awards
That's a pretty normal fluctuation after a weekend of splurging, which probably included lots of carbs, salt, and probably alcohol.

KRuth22

Awards
Protein supplements are also noted for giving support to the immune system. Bone health, healthy muscles as well as healthy tissues are all benefits to using a supplement. Athletes from all sectors seem to benefit from Protein supplements as it is considered a large role player in sports health in general. It is also recognized for its strength training benefits and weight management. It provides the amino acids and proteins without the fat content that is typically found in foods high in protein. The best aspect of taking whey protein as a supplement is that it is all-natural and is associated with very little risks.
Um....did you post in the wrong thread?:thinking:

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
your mind actually has something like a calorie set point believe it or not.

say if the set point is 2500 kcal's a day, you will keep getting hungry untill u meet that mark.

lets say thats your set point and you take in 3500 kcal for 3 days in a row.

the next day you might not have a big appetite and may only take in 2000 kcal that day and feel fine.

your body has a way of balancing itself out so the goal is to increase your caloric intake a little bit each week. i believe that 250-500 cal for the first week would be ideal.

please let me hear other inputs on this from those who have more experiance. thankyou, ive learned this in anatomy and also heard some about it in nutrition, nothing too in depth.