how do you get rid of that small amount of belly fat

valenti00

Awards
Hey Guys,

I'm 5'9", 160 lbs. I have a low body fat % Measured at 11. Here's my problem, my stomach is super flat and my abs are rock hard underneath but i have a stubborn little layer of belly fat to get rid of before they show.

Currently my diet looks like this.

7 A.M. - 1 Serving of Fiber One (gets all your fiber needs for the day) I drink a 8 oz glass of skim milk with it along with 4 egg whites. Total Calories is 244, 27 carbs, 32gprotein

9 A.M. - Serving of all natural peanut butter - 7 carbs, 7 protein, 16g fat, 190 calories. I also might do a small protein shake (1/2 a serving) or apple if im really hungry

11:30 - 6 Egg White Omalette - 96 calories, 24g protein.

I hit the gym up at this point to lift or do cardio

2:00 - Large Protein Shake with 8 Oz Skim Milk. Calories is 320, 12 carbs, 64 protein.

5 pm - about 10-12 OZ Grilled chicken - 425 calories roughly, 66g protein.

Head to the gym to lift or do cardio whichever i didnt do earlier.
8 P.M. - protein shake - 180 calories, 35g protein

i dont add salt to food, maybe a little ketchup or salsa, i also dont use sugar, drink nothing but water.

Im ripped everywhere else except my midsection. I was thinking about cutting out the peanut butter and maybe some of the milk.

Anyone have any ideas on what can work for me.

MY workout is pretty good, i do atleast 4 hours of cardio a week, some HIIT Training and i lift 6 days a week. Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been on this diet plan/workout routine? You are only taking in about 1500 calories based on what you wrote. I don't think you need to go any lower, possibly up them just a bit. Are you able to do your cardio first thing before breakfast/work?

valenti00

Awards
i would say i've been doing this for about 6 weeks, i have plenty of energy, i probably could get to the cardio in the A.M on an empty stomach, i have done that before.

it's just that small section, it's not even bad i mean i'm flat there and ripped everywhere else but just kinda annoys me considering the rest of the shape my body is in. i definately dont want to go any lower on calories.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would say i've been doing this for about 6 weeks, i have plenty of energy, i probably could get to the cardio in the A.M on an empty stomach, i have done that before.

it's just that small section, it's not even bad i mean i'm flat there and ripped everywhere else but just kinda annoys me considering the rest of the shape my body is in. i definately dont want to go any lower on calories.
I say to eat more calories. Your body has adapted to this diet and needs a new stimulus.

CombatTested

Awards
i have this same problem also only my top abs show and a little belly fat on the bottom 4
currently cleaned up my diet and am trying to burn this fat off also

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Just a thought.. How often do you work abs? could it be that they aren't developed?

No assuming anything, just a ?

BShifter479

BShifter479

Awards
Dude, I have the same problem too! it's like the fat just won't go away...the rest of my body is cut and you can see my abs but there's still fat around them as well...frustrating...plus I don't want to do a whole bunch of cardio cause I hear it will affect my muscle mass...definitly don't want to lose that...

GhstFceTrilla

Awards
I had the same problem, my upper 4 abs had decent definition, and I thought my lower abs weren't showing simply because of being masked by fat. This was probably partially true, but I never really trained abs, maybe once a week. Now I train them every time I'm in the gym, for a total of about 15 minutes of my overall workout. Now I have the nice definition, not to mention increased stability for power moves.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say to eat more calories...
^^^ x 2. Eating next to nothing and exercising excessively is NOT the answer to fat loss!

BShifter479

BShifter479

Awards
amen, it's very unhealthy, it makes you lose your muscle and feel weak during your workouts, and will cause you to gain more body fat...you actually SPEED UP your metabolism by eating on a consistent bases, I eat every two hours...clean eating such as whole grains, chicken breasts with some salsa, tuna (out of the can, gross I know but just do it! it's a great source of protien and Omegas), hard boiled eggs (no adding salt), peanuts, fruit, low sodium v8 (I suck at eating my veggies so this makes up for it)...and lots of water and at least take a multi vitamin!

BShifter479

BShifter479

Awards
^^^ x 2. Eating next to nothing and exercising excessively is NOT the answer to fat loss!

amen, it's very unhealthy, it makes you lose your muscle and feel weak during your workouts, and will cause you to gain more body fat...you actually SPEED UP your metabolism by eating on a consistent bases, I eat every two hours...clean eating such as whole grains, chicken breasts with some salsa, tuna (out of the can, gross I know but just do it! it's a great source of protien and Omegas), hard boiled eggs (no adding salt), peanuts, veggies, fruit, low sodium v8 (I suck at eating my veggies so this makes up for it)...and lots of water and at least take a multi vitamin!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
eat more...it will push ur metabolism into overdrive, workout harder....post a pic so we can see what your talking about

Korben

Korben

Awards
can you actually overwork abs... I have heard varying opinions os this. I have incorporated hanging leg raises into all my workout and hit abs pretty hard 3 days a week.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Reset ur metabolism for 2 weeks then hop back on. Alpha Y or Y HCl can work well for that area as well maybe eviscarate?

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
abs are like every muscle, they need rest to grow, and as Korben said, they can be over-trained