Bodyfat % ??

belbs75

Awards
Please can some one tell me, is it possible for some one to have 1% bodyfat or even 2%? Im just curious, also when the professionals compete what %BF are they usually before comp??

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I think serious illness or death would accompany 1% BF.

belbs75

Awards
just cos there was a few buttheads in the gym arguing, 1 was saying he is 1.75% and the other was saying he was 2%, and that he knows cos he used his calipers at home and tested himself...

RippedUp

Awards
For extreme bodyfat measurements, it is better to talk about absolute fat weight instead of BF percentage.

For example,

- a 250lbs bber @ 3% BF would be carrying 7.5lbs of fat mass

While,

- a 160lbs bber @ 3% BF would be carrying 4.8lbs of fat mass

The former is obviously more realistic than the latter.
I believe there are some areas/organs of the body that have to contain some fat mass - 4.8lbs is just too low, whereas 7.5lbs is more or less realistic.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Yes, like Ripped said. There is a certain amount of essential fat. Your organs require a certain amunt of fat in and around them. As Jake mentioned, there would be some serious health issues at that %.

JFP2026

Awards
Yes, like Ripped said. There is a certain amount of essential fat. Your organs require a certain amunt of fat in and around them. As Jake mentioned, there would be some serious health issues at that %.

With one of those being death...