Gvt! Ahhh

babygetoboy

Banned
Awards
Just wanted to let everyone know, I just finished my first leg day of GVT , and I have to say HOLY ****, i can barely walk, legs are still shaking, unbelieivably tough, not looking forward to throwing garbage bags all day tomorrow.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
lol, that's what happoens on GVT leg day :shoot:

Just ask the guys in chat sometime, back in Dec I was whining like a baby :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yep, weave was all "oh man, GVT leg day, what a workout" (cry cry cry) "can't wait til next time" (cry cry vomit) "god I love GVT" (cry vomit cry)...

it was awesome :D

on another note, I just switched to OVT this week, and it's nice.

babygetoboy

Banned
Awards
Man, ain't that the truth, set after set, squats then leg curls, my legs are raw, but they will grow on this, or fall off, one or the other.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Whine, whine, cry, cry..and it looks SO easy on paper. Just wait til you get some jackass in the gym..telling you there are better ways to workout..that your method doesn't seem effective..just bitch slap his ass with a 25 lb plate..lol!

crazypete

Awards
i just call them out for a max deadlift per pound of bodyweight after i'm finished the GVT for legs i know this has no real correlation, but almost everyone is too dumb to know so they just sulk in their shame :) . anyone who can lift keeps their mouth shut anyway or asks the purpose of the program before offering critique. i don't know why, but i like being a dick to stupid people, no point in wasting my time explaining if they have a closed mind.

deaconbill

Awards
I started the OVT training this past week and prefer it to the GVT.  Probably just a preference of mine but it does allow more of a variety of exercises each workout.  Either one is a killer, though, with great returns for the effort.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
Whine, whine, cry, cry..and it looks SO easy on paper. Just wait til you get some jackass in the gym..telling you there are better ways to workout..that your method doesn't seem effective..just bitch slap his ass with a 25 lb plate..lol!

25lb plate?? you're too kind...i'd use a 45. reminds me of the time i used an overhand grip on the hammer strength lat pulldown instead of underhand grip...jus for a change and to experiment. this skinny guy who reminded me of the skinny bb wannabe's from your day at the pool post came up and said you may wanna change your grip to overhand....dumbass. :saw:

wardog

Awards
  • Established
lol...a 45 would cause too much damage. My favorite idiot comments about GVT I have heard are:

#1 Dont you ever increase the weight between sets?

#2 Doesn't it get boring, doing 10 sets of the same excersize?

#3 Are you done with that piece of equipment YET?

#4 You will never gain muscle doing something like that (spoken by a personal trainer weighing 160)

#5 That weight seems awful light for someone your size (yea, YOU do 10 sets of 10 with it bitch)

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

#5 That weight seems awful light for someone your size (yea, YOU do 10 sets of 10 with it bitch)
this very thing happened today, I'm currently into OVT, and the fella didn't notice I had set the big db's down, and was on a drop set... so, I challenged the guy to keep up (I don't normally do anything like this. I don't like talking to people when exercising, unlike most people who go only to run their fuckin mouth it seems... some people just get under your skin though). he had just come in, I was about a third of the way through chest/back with OVT as I mentioned... well, 20 mins later and the poor sack of **** was purple, and obviously in serious pain... and, best part, he gets up, mutters something to the effect of "you'll only end up hurting yourself working out like that", and just walks off... saw him as I was leaving, he was really bustin his balls on the old leg extension machine... wouldn't make eye contact... funny stuff, your comment sparked my desire to share WD, as this kind of thing hardly ever happens to me :)

deaconbill

Awards
Hey Biggin,

Noticed you're a fellow Oklahoma Stater.  Where do you workout?  I have a home gym setup.  I'm on the OVT also; started this week.  PM me if you want to workout together sometime.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
sounds good bro, we'll get to it at some point... I'm all over the place, Rockhouse, Bodyworks... waitin waitin for the Colvin Center :D will be in Edmond over the summer at UCO(no breaks, classes non stop), using their kickass new facility. back in the fall of course. you diggin OVT? looks like we started at the same time :D I'd love to have a home gym setup... or a home for that matter... people like you and weave have it good my friend :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jsmith219 Training Forum 1
Jsmith219 Training Forum 12
Training Forum 43
Hansistyle Training Forum 2
dactyl Workout Logs 12