Don't want to workout during a cut

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys. I feel like I don't want to train during my cut, I have a hard time getting to the gym, and training hard is harder. I feel unmotivated compared to when bulking, when strength is high and being more motivated to train hard. I don't even want to think about a heavy leg day now, compared to the bulk where I just got it done. What should I do? Am I eating too little? Should I time meals in different ways? I usually feel very hungry during the evening/Night compared to the morning and the first 5-6 hours of being awake.

For instance, during my bulk, I could bench 290 for 4 reps, something I could only imagine I can now..

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's ur intake?
I aim for around 140-200g of protein. Usually the upper range. Then 50-70g fats and some carbs.... Very small amounts though. Maybe a little rice, or a little oatmeal. Or maybe some fruit. It's very little.

Slapoyjoe

How many calories are you eating a day, and what are your full stats?

Lifting hard while cutting is essential. Load up on caffeine and tear it up.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many calories are you eating a day, and what are your full stats?

Lifting hard while cutting is essential. Load up on caffeine and tear it up.
Not counting calories really, more like counting macros. They are written above.

I have been training hard for 4.5 years. Im 20.5 years old. Bench 292 for 4 reps. Have a good foundation, weigh 82kgs at 175 cm tall. All natural, just used MK-677 and clen. Also OG mesomorph with DMAA. I just feel very unmotivated when cutting. It's like I just want to chill at home instead...

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
find a good stimulant/pre workout, it’ll help you.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cutting isn’t easy from a mental standpoint. Not sure what advice to give besides just to remember why you’re doing it and to push through. Yeah, training on a cut sucks but nobody said you have to like it.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cutting isn’t easy from a mental standpoint. Not sure what advice to give besides just to remember why you’re doing it and to push through. Yeah, training on a cut sucks but nobody said you have to like it.
Thank you very much, I believe this is true and I have to push through it! Thanks

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you very much, I believe this is true and I have to push through it! Thanks
I’m doing it right now, so I’m only telling you the same thing I tell myself everyday.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There’s no purpose in a bulk if you aren’t willing to go through the pain and agony of a cut. All that muscle mass you put on bulking is being covered up by any excess fat you put on. Now you have to supplement(naturally or on gear)diet/train hard and strategically to keep that muscle while you shed fat. The end result is you get to see all of that new muscle mass toned and defined in all of its shredded glory. The end result of a cut feels so amazing to me. The results are worth it. But if you don’t train hard and if you’re natural you’ll become flat, skinny and not impressive. So continue focusing on progressive overload at the gym. You will lose some muscle but that’s to be expected(unless you’re on cycle then you might not lose anything after a cut).

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you're hardly eating any carbs, and your fats are pretty low in comparison. Along w high protein you need either increased healthy fat or moderate carbs for fuel. Low fat no carb is a recipe for disaster energy and strengthwise. Its also counterproductive in recomping the body.

Slapoyjoe

You don't have to kill yourself. Even going for longish walks burns a lot of cals.

And low/no carbs only increases suffering imo.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When I was doing my cut,Some days I was weak. I increased my calorie intake the day before my heavy training. The day before light training or cardio I went back to my Calorie Deficit. also I was using a Great Pre-workout.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I was doing my cut,Some days I was weak. I increased my calorie intake the day before my heavy training. The day before light training or cardio I went back to my Calorie Deficit. also I was using a Great Pre-workout.
which pwo?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you're hardly eating any carbs, and your fats are pretty low in comparison. Along w high protein you need either increased healthy fat or moderate carbs for fuel. Low fat no carb is a recipe for disaster energy and strengthwise. Its also counterproductive in recomping the body.
Yeah this is spot on. Either fats or carbs need to be increased. Imo doesn’t matter which (personally I feel better on low carb high protein and high fat but other people I know prefer higher carb and lower fat in a cut.

I would say that whilst you don’t ‘have’ to count calories imo it makes it much easier. There’s a decent chance you’ve run too high a deficit, past a certain point your losing as much muscle as fat (and you feel like ****e), ideally I try to keep calories as high as possible whilst dropping max 2lbs a week (and that’s using clen or eca stack, less if natty)

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm trying to get hands on some real Ephedrine. It's one of the hardest things I've tried though
If you live in US your local CVS should have some under the desk, you just have to ask for it, it’s legal, they just try to make sure you don’t buy too much.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At the caloric intake you are at, I would expect a small decrease in strength in the beginning if a cut as glycogen depletes.

I don't think your issue is necessarily diet. It probably has more to do with over training that has been made worse by a drop in calories.

Take 2 weeks off and stick to the diet. Then, when you go back to training, cut back on volume and go heavy. I would suggest 4-6 sets to failure, per bodypart with each bodypart being bit once per week will give you a different outlook. IMO this may even be too many sets, but a lot of people resist cutting back, even if it gives better results.

Also keep your cardio reasonable. Don't try to exercise yourself leaner - it won't work. Let the diet do the work.

Slapoyjoe

I find cuts easier than bulking tbh. The diet is so simple and lots of naps help. Eating when not hungry day after day is a grind.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sometimes I don’t want to go to work but I have to.