Any thoughts on using caps that don't contain Titanium Dioxide?

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
With it being somewhat recently labeled as an unsafe food additive in Europe, are there any plans to switch to caps that do not contain it? Risk might be low but if we're taking 10-20 caps per day for months at a time, that risk might be increased.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Titanium is so strong I see it as a plus personally.

Joking aside I don't know enough about the amount that one would need to consume to create an issue. If the tipping point is grams per kg of bodyweight or even mg/kg it might be something completely unreasonable, if ever, to cause issues.

I think about this with tap water and fluoride. I don't think the amount is an issue per say, BUT I also know they did not consider a guy like me drinking 2+ gallons a day of the stuff when they decided to add it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Steve has posted on this before.

Not trying to be rude but I feel like if he logged on and saw this he’d probably just log off for the week. 😭

If I feel motivated later I’ll link his most recent comments on it, but you can find by searching.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Not bandwagoning here but I agree with you, I could care less about my cap being white if clear is healthier. Same with food coloring. While taste does matter, I dont care if the color of the drink or powder is bright and appealing also. Especially if it is achieved through some unhealthy chemical or dye. Though we might be a minority when it comes to the common consumer used to gatorades and sour patch kids.
If I recall Steves argument for TD is that the amount in a capsule pales in comparison to food and toothpaste, and the study that claimed it toxic was for inhalation not consumption.
Either way, I take a lot of pills so I'd like to lean towards minimizing potential toxins in the long run. I already do that with my toothpaste, foods, fabrics and products when possible - but my supps and peds I hope benefit more than degrade my health.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Titanium is so strong I see it as a plus personally.

Joking aside I don't know enough about the amount that one would need to consume to create an issue. If the tipping point is grams per kg of bodyweight or even mg/kg it might be something completely unreasonable, if ever, to cause issues.

I think about this with tap water and fluoride. I don't think the amount is an issue per say, BUT I also know they did not consider a guy like me drinking 2+ gallons a day of the stuff when they decided to add it.
Yeah I believe the wording used was that there was not enough evidence to rule out the possibility of it being genotoxic. So nothing crazy but possibly something to think about if they are ever in a position to change capsules.

Steve has posted on this before.

Not trying to be rude but I feel like if he logged on and saw this he’d probably just log off for the week. 😭

If I feel motivated later I’ll link his most recent comments on it, but you can find by searching.
Oh I had no idea and didn't intend to stir the pot or anything. Just happened to see it in the ingredients list when I was looking at some of my bottles and thought I'd ask.

Not bandwagoning here but I agree with you, I could care less about my cap being white if clear is healthier. Same with food coloring. While taste does matter, I dont care if the color of the drink or powder is bright and appealing also. Especially if it is achieved through some unhealthy chemical or dye. Though we might be a minority when it comes to the common consumer used to gatorades and sour patch kids.
If I recall Steves argument for TD is that the amount in a capsule pales in comparison to food and toothpaste, and the study that claimed it toxic was for inhalation not consumption.
Either way, I take a lot of pills so I'd like to lean towards minimizing potential toxins in the long run. I already do that with my toothpaste, foods, fabrics and products when possible - but my supps and peds I hope benefit more than degrade my health.
Yeah I'm right there with you. I'd much prefer it without the artificial colors if it's more healthy.