Is this a squat?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
FrontSquat.png.jpg
BackSquat.png.jpg

Note this is from an upward looking angle so it likely isn't as bad as it seems to be. Would you qualify this as an actual rep or are these both cheat reps?

I try to always at least be parallel to the ground but it looks like at least in the back squat i didn't achieve this.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 161693View attachment 161694

Note this is from an upward looking angle so it likely isn't as bad as it seems to be. Would you qualify this as an actual rep or are these both cheat reps?

I try to always at least be parallel to the ground but it looks like at least in the back squat i didn't achieve this.
Neither one is a rep. A full squat is where the crease of your hip get level with or below the knee

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Bench.jpg

While on the subject, would this qualify as a bench rep?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Bench.jpg

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 161703

Bench is a little easier to get. Some people have troubke getting deep enough on squats either cause they go to heavy or they dont have the mobility to go deep enough so some people it takes some work to just get to where they can do squats correctly. I used to have trouble with it myself but i got better at it doing crossfit with a coach that knew what he was doing

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you’re struggling with full range of motion you need to decrease the weight. Ego lifting doesn’t really do much for you in the long run

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My truck did squats today...

Ase_james

Awards
Those arent squats, drop the bar at least 1 level. The 8" seen above the safety bar wouldnt get yoir legs to parallel with the ground. Gotta go all the way if you want to achieve much of anything, especially the muscles along yoir spine...

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 161693View attachment 161694

I would say no rep on those....drop the weight and work on hitting depth.....put a bench under ur ass or bumper plates so u will fell the height u need to be to hit depth

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I would say no rep on those....drop the weight and work on hitting depth.....put a bench under ur ass or bumper plates so u will fell the height u need to be to hit depth
^^^^ this. It might feel lame to go light and work on form but it'll be way better for you in the long run. Best thing i ever did for my lifting