Squat & Deadlift... Any alternatives?

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well... The situation is that I noticed a small swelling in the lower left abdominal area so I visited the doc today and it seems that area there is irritated. It's not like a fully developed inguinal or hernia and there isn't any pain.

So the doc auggested to take it easy but remove those 2 exercises from my workout routine. He also said to avoid shouting, laughing/coughing hard and any sort of activity that would put that area in pressure...which makes me think of also taking a second opinion asap!

And I'm asking you guys, are there any other type of exercises that can replace them?

My leg day consists of deadlifts, squat, press, extensions, curls and standing/sitting calf raises.

Thanks for your time!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can do alternatives like hyper extensions, hack squats, or various other machines, but they aren't going to be an identical replacement for those movements.

Heck, if you are being asked to not laugh then you aren't going to find a safe replacement anyway.

A second opinion might not hurt. I pulled a groin a year ago and the doctor said I should never squat again. LOL

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha ! Thought so, thanks! i'll update when I go again.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weighted lunges and farmers walks work the same muscles?