How to increase sprinting stamina?

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Hey guys,I always run in school but there is something that always seems to be making me lose the champion spot no matter how fast I am.im one of the fastest runners but everytime when I'm ahead of everyone in a race,I would tend to slow down near the end and I'll end up with 3rd or 4th place.for example,I'm sprinting in a 100m race I would be ahead of everybody until like the last 20 to 30meters I would then slow down.how can I stay in my top speed as long as possible and increase my sprinting stamina?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Post up your workout routine and we can better help.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
just a lil question, do you smoke or a family member

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Your acceleration seems to be okay but your stamina is lacking.

Hmm... You should try sprinting different distances. For example, one workout you could sprint 120m and on another sprint 50m.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,I always run in school but there is something that always seems to be making me lose the champion spot no matter how fast I am.im one of the fastest runners but everytime when I'm ahead of everyone in a race,I would tend to slow down near the end and I'll end up with 3rd or 4th place.for example,I'm sprinting in a 100m race I would be ahead of everybody until like the last 20 to 30meters I would then slow down.how can I stay in my top speed as long as possible and increase my sprinting stamina?
1st and foremost, u need to dig down deep and motivate yourself and tell urself that you can do it. 2ndly use more water, even while you are practicing your running... practice is the key, something like HIIT will work it up best, do some working and some rest cycles in your training, for example run for like a minute as fast as you can and then rest for about 40-60secs. Then run for 40 secs and rest for 60secs. then try to go beyond that, aim for like a 100 secs and see where u endup.... Consistancy man! I have been on HIIT for last 27 days, I couldn't sprint for 30secs and now I can sprint for 60secs, and my speed has also increased thou any of that ain't my concern! Just be consistant and keep working on it, try to stay healthy and eat more greene vegies and more water....

just a lil question, do you smoke or a family member
Smoking can damage your body ALOT, in his case Stamina loss. I don't smoke but but in my home and my environment many many people smoke and I personally don't like to be in there company when they are doing soo... I rarely sit with em when they are smoking but sometimes I still keep sitting with my father when he is smoking... Direct or indirect smoke, no matter what, it'll damage us we should stay away from that.

Your acceleration seems to be okay but your stamina is lacking.

Hmm... You should try sprinting different distances. For example, one workout you could sprint 120m and on another sprint 50m.
I would say it'll be good if he aims runs by time and not by the distance... run by time and note how much distance you covered, I think that's better than running some distance and noting the time.... I mean every runner does that (I think) think different, do different and see what happens, if it won't work you can come back...