Advice on a new Workout Routine

cg123

Awards
I have been doing a chest tri, back bi, legs shoulders split for some time now and it has been working great but I feel i need to switch it up now. Can you give me a good routine and good exercises to gain muscle mass and definition along with strength. I would like to have solid gains in all muscle groups but I really want to focus on bigger arms. Please help thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have been doing a chest tri, back bi, legs shoulders split for some time now and it has been working great but I feel i need to switch it up now. Can you give me a good routine and good exercises to gain muscle mass and definition along with strength. I would like to have solid gains in all muscle groups but I really want to focus on bigger arms. Please help thanks
Check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass - there is a sample training programme for mass (and strength) in there for the experienced trainee. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle (and strength)!

If you want definition, you need to be lean enough to see the muscle there. Focus on getting the muscle mass first and then on leaning out if you have to.

If you want bigger arms, focus on the compounds, especially squats and heavy back exercises - the latter (pull-ups, bent over rows, reverse rows, etc.) is what helped me add the most mass (and width) to my back.

As with everything, make sure that iIf you want gains, that you eat enough for them,. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

~Rosie~