here is a training program for strength and muscle building

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive seen alot of posts on what kind of routine to do..push/pull? splits? 5x5? DC? well i have tried them all and this is what i have come up with that has worked for me.

Monday
- Chest and Tri's
Chest:
Barbell Bench - 3 to 5 reps of 4 sets
Incline DB bench - 7 - 10 reps of 3 sets
DB Flys - 20 reps of 2 sets
Hammer strength Straight or Incline - 7 - 10 reps of 3 sets
Cable Flys - 20 reps of 2 sets

Tris: Close Grip Bench 5 to 7 reps of 3 sets
Skull Crusher - 7 to 10 reps of 3 sets
DB kick backs - 10 to 12 reps of 3 sets
Tricep rope push down - 20 reps of 2 sets

This is just day one. the rest of the training days follow this rep and set range. post on here if u want me to keep going. ill do the rest of the workout here but not in that much detail

Tues - Back and Biceps

Wed OFF

Thurs 5x5

Friday - OFF

Sat - Legs, some arm work

Sun OFF

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
you routine just seems like a body building routine bud, not a PL based.

DC isnt really a PL routine either, more geared towards BBing.

start with 5x5 , 5/3/1 , some form of westside for starters.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this isnt geared towards beginners. and ya, this is a bodybuilding routine. ive just seen alot of requests for muscle building routines and this is what has worked for me.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your doing like 25 sets, Im not sure i would recomend that to anyone.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10 to 14 per muscle group. ive done this for the past 6 months and ive had the best results ever for me. my diet has been the same, same supplements, just different routine. hey, if u dont like it u dont have to do it, i just know its worked the for me vs other routines out there

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
lol it has kickbacks in it so i cant take it serious.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you dont have to do kickbacks lol u can sub in whatever tri workout u wana. i also do the french with DB. i just like kickbacks. they work for me

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i would take out the Hammer strength and cable flyes and DB kickbacks and it would maybe do the C.G bench off the floor so i save my shoulders and that would look more like a powerlifting routine..

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but it isnt a powerlifting routine lol its a combo of a few things so gain the most muscle. its worked for me very nicely

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
but it isnt a powerlifting routine lol its a combo of a few things so gain the most muscle. its worked for me very nicely
ahh yea then it looks pretty solid i use to do stuff like this last year. A realtively heavier routine but still wanted to keep what some machines etc.. in it... however u still mite wanna check out the close grip of the floor it will cut out ur shoulder rotation at the bottom! nothing like saving ur shoulders lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
true that. ya i dunno if u have seen my other posts but my right shoulder is pretty screwed up lol i hurt it last summer doing heavy bench. surprisingly when i did floor presses it didnt hurt it. i pick the bar up, go down slowly. let my elbows rest on the floor for a few seconds then explode up. i love it

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
true that. ya i dunno if u have seen my other posts but my right shoulder is pretty screwed up lol i hurt it last summer doing heavy bench. surprisingly when i did floor presses it didnt hurt it. i pick the bar up, go down slowly. let my elbows rest on the floor for a few seconds then explode up. i love it
hell yea i use to have tons of shoulder pain for a year it took me 2 years to raise my bench from 240 to 260. I did mini band pullapart which has healed my rear delt pain and now i just need this front delt healed up lol

ato ucf

'Close grip off the floor' ... I get shoulder pain once in a while from benching, dumb question but how do you set this up?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
'Close grip off the floor' ... I get shoulder pain once in a while from benching, dumb question but how do you set this up?
lay down in the power rack, make sure ur j hooks are in the position u like so its comfortable to urnack it.. Squeeze ur shoulder blades together take a close grip lower till ur elbows hit the floor push back up. its all triceps

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
I personally can't stand more than two rest days a week.... three just wouldn't be any fun for me. Sounds fine otherwise if all that arm work isn't hindering your lifts or recovery

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rest is the most important part bro! notice i have a day of rest in between the arm days. my arms recover very quickly so i like to train them to the max. following this program, ive had my best growth yet. i like my off days. it gives me time to fish and race my car and work on it and chill. kickbacks, u dont have to do. i dont do them all the time. i sub in french presses when i dont do them

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
rest is the most important part bro! notice i have a day of rest in between the arm days. my arms recover very quickly so i like to train them to the max. following this program, ive had my best growth yet. i like my off days. it gives me time to fish and race my car and work on it and chill. kickbacks, u dont have to do. i dont do them all the time. i sub in french presses when i dont do them
off days i can stand in the summer, when im working full time and have things to do. In the winter when its cold and all you do is stuck in the house and lift i HATE off days. My last workouts were like this
sunday- squat
Mon- Me Bench
Tue- Cardio
Wed- Off
Thurs- want to deadlift but my hamstrings are still sore from squat as of now (wednesday).

just goes to show the heavier u lift the more recovery u need lol