What machines do you like?

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Weight-assisted dips/pullups. I don't have the strength (or have too much body fat ;-) to do dips or pullups, so doing this with part of my body weight compensated still lets me hit this motion.
My abs never went anywhere until I started training them with weights. I like the Nautilus ab machines, particularly the torso twister and the chair. I've maxed 'em both out so I guess I have to find some other ab challenge...
Cable work on the universal, specifically tri pulldowns, lat pulldowns, and rows. I prefer DB rows but mix in the cable rows sometimes. I don't know if cable work counts as a "machine".
Nautilus Super-Overhead. Is there a corresponding free weight movement like this one? I find this is great for the last movement on back day for some more lat work.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I guess leg press is only machine i ever use, every now and then i may use smith machine for something, but thats pretty rare...

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
abb/adductor machine is my fav. I use that and leg press not much else

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
Leg Press, Cables, I'll use the pec dec machine and the shoulder press machine at the end of my workouts to burn out sometimes, Calf machine that you slap plates on, Hack Squat machine, and I use a T-Bar in place of bent over rows sometimes

In high school we had a Jammer machine...it's hard to describe but you stand inside it and throw plates on either side and you've got handles on both sides...you can sit back and do an explosion type press or walk up under it a bit and do shoulder presses or you can stand sideways and do single hand twist press type thing....that was probably my favorite upperbody machine..never seen one in a gym though, we had an awesome power runner machine too

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
hammer strength pulldowns for ur upper lats idc what anyone says it wills the best thing ive used to learn how to lower the bench bar with control..

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
hammer deadlift machine. i love doing these, at the end of the 3rd and 4th sets im feeling a little dizzy and i have to inhale really deep and exhale fast in order for me to stay focused, then again it could just be all the muscles being worked and not just the machine... i love dead lifts....

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
hammer deadlift machine. i love doing these, at the end of the 3rd and 4th sets im feeling a little dizzy and i have to inhale really deep and exhale fast in order for me to stay focused, then again it could just be all the muscles being worked and not just the machine... i love dead lifts....
no such thing as machine deadlifts bro sorry.. deadlift is a barbell loaded with weight

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Anything that's a hammer strength....i love how they hit your target muscle and get some forearm action in it as well