High dosing GDAs

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can compound GDAs such as Slinmax and Glycolog be taken at x1.5 the recommended serving in you’re consuming 200g+ of carbs in a single meal?

E.g. with Slinmax 2 caps should be taken 10-20 before a meal with 100g+ of carbs. Another 2 caps may be taken 6-8 hours afterwards.
If you were to consume 200g+ of carbs in a single meal, could you take 3 caps?

Background
So I’m quite busy and often I’d rather not spend the majority of a Saturday or Sunday refeeding when I need a refeed. As a result, I often need to refeed in half a day and that ultimately means that sometimes I need to consume 200g+ of carbs in a single meal.
At the same time, I’d like to reap as much benefit from my refeeds as possible hence the question.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve wondered this myself. Glycoshield offers dosing instructions based on carbs so it would stand to reason that other GDAs could be dosed similarly. But I’d like to hear some reps’ thoughts.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
My recommendation would be to experiment with it and see how it works. More is not always better, but if you are consuming that many carbs in one sitting it might be beneficial.

Just be mindful of digestion and stomach discomfort with a higher dose or stacking two products. I don't think you should have any issues, but taking higher doses Na-R-Ala can have negative impacts on blood glucose levels which can leave you feeling lethargic and drowsy

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Seems like this would just cause GI issues.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wifh certian brands a higher dose just gives me gi discomfort. With predator I never had the need to go over 2 caps no matter how big the carb meal was.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can always check for your self with a glucose meter and see what your needs are.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Many of the ingredients common to gdas have an effective dose as well as point of max return. As mentioned, with many of these more is not better as beyond a certain dose the effects will not change and can only cause gi discomfort from what basically amounts to an over abundance of certain ingredients