What are the pros & cons of Lipo-6

GYMrat70

Awards
I'm about to start taking Lipo-6, and was wanting to know more info about it and if anyone has had any good or bad experiences.

Please help
Mike

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
From what I've heard from a few people is that it helps some and doesn't give you the jitters. But I really think there are better choices out there.

Last edited:

GYMrat70

Awards
What are the better choices, I'm 150lbs and 5' 5" and I'm trying to burn off 5lbs and get to 145, hopefully I can get my fat percentage lower and then get back to 150 with more muscle.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
You could easily do that with a diet. But I would say APS Phenadrine or Applied's Lipotrophin

GYMrat70

Awards
I am doing it with a diet, I eat great and get at least 150 grams of protein everyday. I do cardio at least 4 days a week.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Well, IMO you need to have more than 1g of protein per lb/bw. Also you gotta make sure you have carbs and fats in check, but if you do, than you could go with a fat burner, but I would go with one of the two I suggested over Lipo 6.

GYMrat70

Awards
I keep my fats very low, hopefully not too low for each day. I've read in books and mags that you should have at least 1 gram for each pound you weight of protein, is this wrong or should I intake more each day. I'll check out the products you recommended, thanks.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I say when bulking, take in 1g of protein per lb. When cutting 1.5-1.8g protein per lb.

GYMrat70

Awards
So the more protein I take to cut weight speeds up my metabolism, your the first person I ever heard say that. I'm not going against your word, I've just never heard it before.

GYMrat70

Awards
I can sure try it, I can just taking a double dose of tuna and eat more chicken.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Well, I would never go above 2g of protein as that could cause harm. Ever heard of Layne Norton? He preaches the 1.5-1.8 range of protein.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I have never tried it, but I have heard great things about it!

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
I am doing it with a diet, I eat great and get at least 150 grams of protein everyday. I do cardio at least 4 days a week.
You can also add 1-2 more cardio days if you want.

Some better options are Leviathan Reloaded and Scorch.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Well, I would never go above 2g of protein as that could cause harm. Ever heard of Layne Norton? He preaches the 1.5-1.8 range of protein.
How so? It's not the kidney thing, is it? Cause that's bunk.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I have never personally had problems, but I have also never went over 2g, and I'm not going to try it. I'm sure there is some leeway in there, but why risk it. Do you really wanna take in that much protein haha.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I have never personally had problems, but I have also never went over 2g, and I'm not going to try it. I'm sure there is some leeway in there, but why risk it. Do you really wanna take in that much protein haha.
Oh, it'll definitely screw with you if you don't get a ton of fiber, too, but two grams/lb. and up is sort of magical...:)

JJC

Awards
  • Established
So the more protein I take to cut weight speeds up my metabolism, your the first person I ever heard say that. I'm not going against your word, I've just never heard it before.
He said nothing about metabolism. Not sure where you got that from.

I think you need to learn more about eating and building a diet before looking into supplements. When he said you should increase the amount of protein you take while cutting, he meant that because partially you will be decreasing the amount of carbs and fat and also because protein will help stave off catabolism while you are in a calorie deficit. The point is that you want to lost fat and not muscle. Keeping an ample supply of protein will help make sure that happens.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm about to start taking Lipo-6, and was wanting to know more info about it and if anyone has had any good or bad experiences.

Please help
Mike

i loved lipo 6, im not sensitive to stims so i never had a problem, i would be able to take them and go right to bed no problem

my girlfriend on the other hand couldnt take more then one pill at a time becauswe she had heart palpatations and it made her very unconfortable.

The good thing is they work, and they work well, however the bad news is, like most stimulants they can raise cortisol levels and fatigue your adrenals, and can cause a catabolic responce .