Pros and cons to Nolva and Clomid? Is one better for test, lipids, etc.?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Clomid is seen as the most effective choice but many get emotionally wrecked by it. Lol Those guys use nolva instead and it works fine. Enclomiphine is suppose to be the best choice now but I’ve never tried it because it’s more expensive. Ha

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing to add to the above really. That covers it.

ultimately it’s about which one you individually respond better to and feel ok on.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like said Clomid is the best for hpta restart, due to having the highest binding affinity to estrogen receptors in the hypotalamus. Clomid consist of Zuclomiphene and Enclomiphene and it's the Zuclo that's giving people the estrogen type sides. So Enclomiphene shouldn't have these issues, while having the desired effects.

In practice Nolva seems to work just as well for pct though for most. It has a higher binding affinity to breast tissue, so can be used for gyno control (which may come in handy on pct), whereas Clomid does not offer protection from gyno. Nolva does lower IGF-1 some. I don't know if Clomid does too.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Clomid, it makes me feel great, I get no sides, only positives.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah my source is inexpensive, runs bogo’s often and I like the benefits of both chemicals. Almost feels like the cycle is still continuing! (The combo is strong)…Also want to give myself the best chance of not needing trt & hopefully keeping something from whatever cycle I ran.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lipids...any benefits from a SERM (increased estrogen) will outweigh negatives as far as lipids are concerned. I mean you're in a relatively small transitional period anyway, where your main intended outcome is hormonal homeostasis...depending on your cycle your lipids might already be questionable. Just do all the obvious healthy sh1t and youll get back within range (if out) no worries.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I get no sides from nolva, at least not sides I can feel. Clomid I find works better tho. If you get emotional or bitchy on clomid you can always lower the dose. Even 25mg eod is pretty effective. You may just have to use it a little longer. I know this goes against the grain but I know some older guys that just use hcg with a ai for pct and they seem to recover just fine. They don't use clomid at all and use nolve on cycle for gyno prevent but not pct.

Outdated for sure but if they been doing it successful for years who am I to judge🤷

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
100mg test a week one shot is convenient and less toxic than both 😉

Joking a bit. I found clomid to be stronger but feel like crap on it. Nolva also makes me feel weird, but at least doesnt cause depression.
If i decide to come off i would like to try enclomiphene.