Volcom's White Flood CAPS, Final Review

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you Controlled Labs for the opportunity and the confidence in testing White Flood CAPS. Special thanks to Renegade.

WHITE FLOOD CAPS

The Comparison
I first wanted to make a comparison between the White Flood Power vs White Flood CAPS. As far as efficacy, there seems to be no significant differences. Both had similar energy boosting effects, both had mental (gym) aspirations effects, but the sense of well being was a bit more notable on the CAPS and they lasted longer (in my experience). The most notable difference between the Powder and CAPS was the convenience. I prefer everything in pill vs powder form for convenience and expedience purposes.

Lastly, the CAPS seemed to produce more of a trickle effect vs a spiking effect, experienced by the powder. For me, this was evidenced by the slow onset of Paresthesia (as a result of the Beta Alanine) and the progressive increase in paresthetic intensity up to 60 min, and lasting up to 3 hours. Whereas, the powder, the paresthesia would spike by 15 min, max.

The Crash

I'm weary of people who report that even after a 30 day experience, a crash was never experienced. It's simply counterintuitive to our biology to NEVER reach a crash point. The Law of Diminishing Returns is MOST true with Stims and consecutive, daily stim ingestion will eventually bring your body to a point where running on high gear takes a toll. If you NEVER crashed by the end of day 30 of daily dosing, then the stim point was never that significant, and unless you are a character on the show HEROS, and your special ability is impervious adrenal glands, then a NEVER crashed report does not seem reliable.

That said, there are supplements that specialize in minimalizing this crash effect. White Flood does this extremely well in that, it is not a soley Stim based supplement, say compared to ECA. You can crash on day one with ECA due to its unadulterated stim intensity . However, White Flood has a Stim Effect and a Perceived Stim Effect. The WF stim doesn't take you into the clouds full on like an ECA or other jet fuel type stim products. You do feel a traditional full body stim, but not in a manner that it feels like your eyes are being physically pulled open, nor do you feel restless and have a hard time holding a cup with a steady hand. WF does Stim you in an effective manner, but it also provides a mental stim, or a mental excitement, which makes up for and mimics a jet fuel like stim when you combine the two effects. In this manner of not producing a jet fuel effect, the crash is reached at a MUCH later time and still at a diminished intensity.

I didn't reach a crash point until perhaps day 20. This said, I don't think I've ever taken a pre-workout on a daily account. Most people don't workout 6-7 days a week, during my sponsored log, I was required to take it daily, regardless of rest days, so you can imagine how my body would have developed a tolerance and reach a point where I'm beating a dead horse. This is to say, a regular consumer who takes WF as a pre-workout only on workout days may not have an issue with this. Even when I reached my personal crash point, the perceived stim effect prolonged the efficacy in regards to gym performance.

The Benefits
- Increased Sweating
- Increased General Stamina
- Increased Muscle Endurance
- Increased Mood
- Increased Mood (I said it again)
- Increased Motivation
- Increased Intensity
- Increased Volume
- Increased Focus
- NO INSOMNIA

I've used White Flood prior to this sponsorship, so it goes without saying that I do like this product. If I had to choose CAPS or Powder, me personally, I would go CAPS again.

For people who are sensitive to paresthesia as I am. The CAPS allow for easy tolerance building dosages. Take 2 caps here, 2 caps there and 4 caps here. This is much easier then guesstimating serving size via powder.

Thanks to everybody who frequented my logs. I appreciated all the encouragement, support and daily entertainment from random, off the wall topics.

Final Words
Final reviews generally lack enthusiasm. By the end of a run, everything seems very matter of fact and the lack of enthusiasm takes away from deserved credit of the product in my opinion. In knowing this, I did make very small, one paragraph reviews here and there, in order to capture my experience with more integrity then a final review sometimes offer.

DAY 1 Review
I'd like to say that this first, official opening day was a successful experience. I'm going to make my first comparison with the titan of titans, the mighty ECA stack. White Flood CAPS do not compare with ECA in terms of stimulation, how it does compare and perhaps surpass is focus. ECA creates an intensity that translates into an unstoppable focus. You want to push, push, push and do everything all at once. You're like a train on a set track moving from exercise to exercise, and although that intensity can translate into a form of focus, its a very chaotic "focus." My experience with WF CAPS reminded me of that same type of focus, but it was actual focus, a cognitive sharpening, increased mental acuity focus, not an intensity train track focus. Is there anything wrong with the train track focus? Hell no, ECA is one of my favorite stacks overall, anywhere, anytime. I simply wanted to make that correlation for those of you who need a standard to contrast with, in order to sympathize when I use the word focus, in regards to my experience with the White Flood CAPS.

There's a definite "mental stimm" my eyes are currently wide open, but not in that over stimmed manner. I don't believe I'll be suffering from any kind of insomnia tonight, even though I took a full serving at 7:30pm.

I've always considered White Flood the LSD of Stims. I get such mental clarity and sometimes the sense of well being post workout is drug like. You have the natural post workout release of endorphins, on top of this nootropic business, with these added mental effects, its like a fitness fry.

Good Question

Awesome intro / first day Sam. I have a question. Do you think the slower onset of parasthesia has any benefits??? Perhaps prolonged enhanced nutrient uptake???
Does a slower onset offer any benefits? Yes, in one perspective. Because the tablets dissolve and behave like a drip into your system, rather then a spike, the CAPS offer a kind of an automatic drive, intra-workout ingestion effect, which is hugely popular with this supplement.

One might bring up the concern, what if I prefer to experience the full effect BEFORE I go into the gym and not an intra-style effect? (As was my preferred method) Easy answer, wait 45 min post ingestion before arriving at the gym as the bottle suggests. I took my serving only 15 min pre, so I felt the effects onset as if I were "sipping" on White Flood Intra.

I think Thomas (Viking) liked doing both. He would take a serving pre, then take a serving intra. I believe that same idea can be achieved with the CAPS. Take a serving 45 min pre, let the CAPS mostly dissolve and be in full circulation, then take another serving right before you walk in the gym. Like I said, automatic-drive, intra effect.

Another Good Question
Oh and good idea to split up the doses to avoid the parasthesia. Does it help with your focus / mental clarity during the day as well?
It's hard to give a definite yes or no, but more yes then no, because for myself, really solid focus only manifests in conjunction with physical activity. It needs to be triggered per se. I seem to be more mentally energized, meaning, I don't feel mentally beat and lethargic throughout the day, which is common for my butt crack of a rooster's dawn schedule. But the real focused & creative mental acuity occurs mostly intra workout. I do get pre-workout mental excitations from the WF, but the bulk of it manifests once I get moving.

The rest are in the logs. Thanks again Controlled Labs.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Impressive and thorough review, V !

.. personally, i tried a sample (8 caps) White Flood, and I missed the powder-version right off the bat. The powder gives me the necessary edge and kick-in-the-a$$ energy. Caps didn't offer the same benefits to the same extent. I don't prefer the 'subtle' release of its capsules . . but rather the instant effects of the powder !

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Impressive and thorough review, V !

.. personally, i tried a sample (8 caps) White Flood, and I missed the powder-version right off the bat. The powder gives me the necessary edge and kick-in-the-a$$ energy. Caps didn't offer the same benefits to the same extent. I don't prefer the 'subtle' release of its capsules . . but rather the instant effects of the powder !
I'm not surprised. You, TG and Snag somehow feed off of the paresthesia. Something about that European blood.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I'm not surprised. You, TG and Snag somehow feed off of the paresthesia. Something about that European blood.
Haha, we do indeed feed off of it ! I went running this morning, and 10 minutes prior I choked down 1/2 serving Xtend w/7 g L-Leucine and 4-5 g Beta Alanine. In the middle of my run, I had to stop to tie my show, and as I lifted my leg up on a bench to tie my shoe, I felt severe (in a good way) tingling from my knee down to my foot. Like a rush or surge of energy. As soon as I put my foot down on the ground, my legs took off by themselves . .

Ahhhh, Beta Alanine .. Parathesia . . . what would I do without either ?!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thank you so much Sam, always a real pleasure to read your logs and reviews. You never miss a beat :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's days when I take 4g of bulk BA, then forget I mixed up another 5g in my peri-WO shake and end up with the most ridiculous tingles. Definitely not on purpose!

Great review Volcom, and I picked up lots of useful information via your log. Looking forward to your next adventure:welcome:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's days when I take 4g of bulk BA, then forget I mixed up another 5g in my peri-WO shake and end up with the most ridiculous tingles. Definitely not on purpose!

Great review Volcom, and I picked up lots of useful information via your log. Looking forward to your next adventure:welcome:
Thanks a lot Steveo. I appreciated your company