Introduction and cycle review

Jorta

Awards
Hello,

I recently was directed to this board after looking for some advice on another. I'm happy to find it as it seems right on target with my current "interests."

I'm 33 years old, currently weighing 260 and about 6% BF or so and 6'5" tall. I've been working out for about 15 years consistently starting with powerlifting and now moving to bodybuilding as a hobby.

I currently have 20 grams of 1-test and 15 of 4-AD powder sitting on my kitchen table. I have December, January, and Feburary to bulk to give me time to cut for my second competition. I need to put some mass on my upper chest, shoulders, and arms to balance them with my legs and back.

I notice that there is much more advanced discussion here on possible cycles for these products so I will throw out what I was planning on doing and ask for recommendations from those more experienced in these matters.

I had planned on putting 10g test in two bottles and 10 g (have to buy more I know) 4-AD in another two bottles and cycling them for 6 weeks and taking some 6 OXO with some FUZU to recover and then hit another cycle like the above. Yes, it is a bit long, but I can swing it by starting earlier and pushing a week. I plan on doing a CKD to cut after this process.

I'm currently eating about 5200 calories (20 cal/pound) a day now and putting on about 3 pounds a week. I planned on bumping that up to 5700 calories a day or so while "on". My current protein is about 300 grams/day and 30% of calories are from fat (mostly flax and other good oils).

Any suggestions to maximize this program that I should consider?

Pics of me at my last (and first) show can be found at: http://www.nehvac.com/pics/pics.html

I'm the tall bald one. I'm at 250 pounds on the dot in those pictures. Yeah, there is a bunch of stuff to work on, but that is what makes it interesting.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Jorta

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Here is kind of a dosing starting point..

very lean gains 200mg 1-test 100mg 4-ad

lean-bulk gains 200mg 1-test 200mg 4-ad

bulk gains 200mg 1-test 400mg 4-ad....

That will give you an idea of whwere to start.. Talk to ya.

Jorta

Awards
Thank you Curt2go,

I'm primarily interested in just plain bulking. I know from powerlifting that I tend to bulk well. Before I trimmed down I was weighing in at 335 pounds, so I think I have some muscle memory. I also know that the CKD evaporates fat from me from personal experience with the diet several times before. So based on that, I'm going to straight mass bulking!

Thank you for the input.

Jorta

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Depending on how much water and BF you care to gain you could up the 4-ad to 600mg  if you like... I would no tgo over that... talk to ya...

Kay

Awards
5500 cal/day wow, i wish i could wolf down 5000 without throwing up. :D

Biggest sticking point for me when trying to gain weight is that i can't force myself to gain weight, and by the looks of things you have that problem under control! :)

Curt2go offers very sound advice, can't go wrong with either of those dosages.

Good luck bud!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
5..5...0..0... calories. i cant even phatom consuming that much. of course depending on your size, its easier for some than others while on a bulk, but i struggle to keep my bulks at above 3200. struggle.......5500...thats ill.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by Jorta
Hello,

I recently was directed to this board after looking for some advice on another. I'm happy to find it as it seems right on target with my current "interests."

I'm 33 years old, currently weighing 260 and about 6% BF or so and 6'5" tall. I've been working out for about 15 years consistently starting with powerlifting and now moving to bodybuilding as a hobby.

I currently have 20 grams of 1-test and 15 of 4-AD powder sitting on my kitchen table. I have December, January, and Feburary to bulk to give me time to cut for my second competition. I need to put some mass on my upper chest, shoulders, and arms to balance them with my legs and back.

I notice that there is much more advanced discussion here on possible cycles for these products so I will throw out what I was planning on doing and ask for recommendations from those more experienced in these matters.

I had planned on putting 10g test in two bottles and 10 g (have to buy more I know) 4-AD in another two bottles and cycling them for 6 weeks and taking some 6 OXO with some FUZU to recover and then hit another cycle like the above. Yes, it is a bit long, but I can swing it by starting earlier and pushing a week. I plan on doing a CKD to cut after this process.

I'm currently eating about 5200 calories (20 cal/pound) a day now and putting on about 3 pounds a week. I planned on bumping that up to 5700 calories a day or so while "on". My current protein is about 300 grams/day and 30% of calories are from fat (mostly flax and other good oils).

Any suggestions to maximize this program that I should consider?

Pics of me at my last (and first) show can be found at: http://www.nehvac.com/pics/pics.html

I'm the tall bald one. I'm at 250 pounds on the dot in those pictures. Yeah, there is a bunch of stuff to work on, but that is what makes it interesting.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Jorta

I hope your calories come from powder since this can be quite expensive, I eat 3000 per day and half come from powder.  and weight 232 lbs.

Hat off! 

Jorta

Awards
Hi folks,

The calories are not that hard to do. Just eat 8 meals of about 700 calories each and your are set! I think it is easier being bigger to start with. I have to eat almost 4000 a day just to keep weight at 15/cal per pound. So it's not all that much more than what I normally eat than what you may normally eat. In fact as a percentage of total calories, my increase is less.

I do go through a good deal of powder, but also quite a bit of good whole foods. Just cook them in bulk in advance and go for it.

Funny thing though. I guess this cycle is going to have to wait a couple of weeks. I just got back from the doctors. Seems I have a hernia in my stomach. Strange thing is I've had it for several months and never even noticed it. I had it all while I was prepping for the show too. Probably had it for years for all I know. Now doc's want to operate right off the bat. Ah well, it keeps things interesting!

Thanks for the feedback and assistance on the cycle. I'll get back to this as soon as the stitches heal!

Jorta

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by Jorta
Hi folks,

The calories are not that hard to do. Just eat 8 meals of about 700 calories each and your are set! I think it is easier being bigger to start with. I have to eat almost 4000 a day just to keep weight at 15/cal per pound. So it's not all that much more than what I normally eat than what you may normally eat. In fact as a percentage of total calories, my increase is less.

I do go through a good deal of powder, but also quite a bit of good whole foods. Just cook them in bulk in advance and go for it.

Funny thing though. I guess this cycle is going to have to wait a couple of weeks. I just got back from the doctors. Seems I have a hernia in my stomach. Strange thing is I've had it for several months and never even noticed it. I had it all while I was prepping for the show too. Probably had it for years for all I know. Now doc's want to operate right off the bat. Ah well, it keeps things interesting!

Thanks for the feedback and assistance on the cycle. I'll get back to this as soon as the stitches heal!

Jorta

Good Luck!

"THE TICK"

Awards
335lbs!!!!!!! we have a creature among us, sweet betty. dude u look good. these guys are sending u down the right path, just wanted 2 give u cudos. hit it hard bro.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your freakin huge Jorta, you didn't get that big using prohormones did yuh?

Jorta

Awards
Thanks folks,

I'm trying to find out if the surgery is lathroscopic, in which case I'll only be out a few days. Otherwise I'm looking at 6 damn weeks!

When I was at 335 I did not use prohormones at all. That was about 5 years ago. It was just the basics: eat, train, sleep, eat, eat, repeat.

Recently, I have duffed around with a couple of bottles of 1-AD and 4-AD, but nothing serious nor paying attention to my diet. I didn't even take them together. After standing on the stage once though, I've got a new focus for the workouts and I'm really interested in seeing what real eating and focused training does.

I'm a big fan of collecting data to see what is effective - I kind of get that from my job. So I'll take careful notes of results, progress, and pictures. Hopefully I can add something to the board once I get through the process.

Thank you again for the input and encouragement.

Jorta