2 Years in a Row...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
As a CFB fan - I hate watching blow-outs like the last 2 championship games.

Therefore - I propose the anti-Notre Dame rule for the BCS starting in '08.

That is - OSU will have 2 BCS spots removed from their final ranking no matter what. So they are guaranteed not to be in a championship.

I've never been one to talk SEC and all the other conference crap. I think as I watch this game that OSU got out-coached (among other things) yet again.

Anyway - off to bed both irritated and strangely satisfied.

Please please CFB, get us a good championship game in '08!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That is - OSU will have 2 BCS spots removed from their final ranking no matter what. So they are guaranteed not to be in a championship.

I've never been one to talk SEC and all the other conference crap. I think as I watch this game that OSU got out-coached (among other things) yet again.

Well you know i'm an SEC fan, but this game was another blowout indeed. I think it's now solidified that the SEC owns OSU(0-9)

UM VS. UF in 2008......be there! :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
9/6/08 - planning on it.

Don't think Miami has much of a chance at winning. Then again - I didn't think Michigan had a snowball's chance in hell at winning what was pretty much a home game for UF.

Parity will abound next year also. Still - I think UF beats UM, for the first time since '85.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/6/08 - planning on it.

Don't think Miami has much of a chance at winning. Then again - I didn't think Michigan had a snowball's chance in hell at winning what was pretty much a home game for UF.

Parity will abound next year also. Still - I think UF beats UM, for the first time since '85.
I'm already planning a serious tailgait party for the game. I seriously can't wait. It will be a good time either way. That damn michigan game still stings though lol :frustrate

3PeteNC

3PeteNC

Awards

could you elaborate a little, what new rule is there?

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Outcoached? I don't think LSU played greats as much as Boeckman and the d line played terrible. I don't hate Boeckman, but I'm not a fan of him either. What I do hate, and have always hated, is the freaking soft zone that Heacock loves to use. With Rodriguez going to Michigan, JT better wake up and start moving to man coverage.

Screw it, I wanted the Bose Bowl anyway. I didn't want this game from the beginning of the season, go back and read my posts. The schedule got us here, and every fan I know acknowledged that from the beginning of the season. Regardless, OSU is a perennial top 10, if not 5, program and will be for a while. Get used to it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The out-coached part was said zone you brought up. I didn't see much adjustment by you guys from last year's game. And Gary Croton (LSU OC) pretty much dialed up the right gameplan.

Hell - he had some white TE I'd never heard of running free a fair amount.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Outcoached? I don't think LSU played greats as much as Boeckman and the d line played terrible. I don't hate Boeckman, but I'm not a fan of him either. What I do hate, and have always hated, is the freaking soft zone that Heacock loves to use. With Rodriguez going to Michigan, JT better wake up and start moving to man coverage.

Screw it, I wanted the Bose Bowl anyway. I didn't want this game from the beginning of the season, go back and read my posts. The schedule got us here, and every fan I know acknowledged that from the beginning of the season. Regardless, OSU is a perennial top 10, if not 5, program and will be for a while. Get used to it.
i agree with everything you have said, except i do pretty much hate boeckman now. This is two consecutive championship games where they refuse to adjust on defense, with awful results. And you are absolutely right, no one ever expected ohio state to make it this far, they had an easy schedule and backed their way in because so many other teams lost games they should have won at the end. most preseason predictions i saw actually had ohio state third in the big ten behind michigan and wisconsin. And last but not least, don't even get me started on the idiotic penalties, I expected that from LSU, not ohio state. but definitely congratulations to LSU, and as much as it pains me to say it, the whole SEC, definitely impressive this bowl season :rant:

BULLDOG

Awards
Stupid penalties and turnovers killed Ohio State but you kinda expect that from a young team. They actually out gained LSU in total yards. They might be back next year so watchout, if they beat USC in October don't see anyone stopping them in the Big 10

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
Sure, OSU will continue to be a top 5 school as long as Tressel continues to allow his alumni to cheat the NCAA rules for him. Just don't expect the rest of CFB to respect OSU one iota, because we don't.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Stupid penalties and turnovers killed Ohio State but you kinda expect that from a young team. They actually out gained LSU in total yards. They might be back next year so watchout, if they beat USC in October don't see anyone stopping them in the Big 10
The might is contingent on whom turns pro. Just saw Gholston is probably gone. Big loss, IMO.

Maybe Laurinitis also - plus Jenkins the corner. (Draft seems light on impact corners, outside of the guy from Kansas - Talib.)

Losing those 3 guys would be huge on D, IMO.

As far as the Big 10 - you may be right.
BUT - hard to say what RichRod will be able to do in Michigan his first year.
I watched him take an undermatched WVU team into the Orange Bowl in '03 and put Miami on the ropes - only to lose on a phenomenal Kellen Winslow one handed catch.

He's one helluva head coach. He'll get Michigan back - just not sure how long it'll take.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm done needling the Buck fans.

This thread was made as a joke - no malice intended.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I thought OSU had a great chance in the beginning to go for the juggular. They softened up and went ahead 10-0 when they had a golden opportunity to take a 14-0 lead. That stupid personal foul against the punter seemed to have demoralized them a ton. I'm sure that kid has been taught to dive at an agle where he'll miss the kicker if he can't get the block. It's the small things that make the difference sometimes.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i've heard gholston is a potential top 5 pick, so I can't imagine him staying. it wouldn't surprise me too much if lauranitis and jenkins both went too, when they lost last year it seemed like everyone who was considering going left

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established

Now, Now...No one can have an anti-ND rule after how horribly this season panned out. C'mon, don't hate us because we can still sell tickets! :stick: But I do agree we need better Champ games. Maybe things will pick up for the Canes and the Irish. At least I know our season seemingly can't get any worse.:whiner:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
BH,
You know when ND is anywhere NEAR the top 20 - a BCS bowl picks you guys up. Even when you really don't deserve it.
Best exemplified by the last bowl win - '93 or something. You guys are always over-matched in bowl games - even before Weiss was the HC.

Agree about the season being over.

BULLDOG

Awards
Dragon quit being a hater, your stuff is crap.
RichRod won't be loyal to Michigan at all can't believe he broke the news on his qb transferring and wr's going pro before they even decided. If he does a good job and the pro's come calling he'll leave them flat