Powerlifters and HGH, Insulin, and IGf-1

mike4266

Awards
We all know powerlifters take alot of androgens, and depending on the lifter HGH. Not alot of powerlifters I know mess with insluin and IGF-1. Why do you think Insulin and IGF-1 are so popular in the bodybuilding community, but not as much in powerlifting.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I guess it's because when your goal is to gain mass things like IGF-1 and insulin are extremely effective to increase your body mass since they increase the number of cells that exist in your muscles. But when it comes to increase strength it doesn't depends on the amount of muscle you have, but rther the strength you have on the amount of muscle you have.
Also, if you look at the effects of the androgens that powerlifters use are mainly androgenic and not anabolic (Cheque drops comes to mind)

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
A strenght athlete would be eating enough carbs to have enough insulin.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Most powerlifters i know don't get too concerned about their drugs. People on the message boards make steroid use more complicated than it really needs to be. When you start getting into insulin and HGH and things like that, you have to really start to learn your ****, most powerlifters i know spend their time reading about training and in the gym. They shoot alot of test, add some tren and orals in as the meets get closer. It is not complicated at all. Bodybuilding prep guru guys are like mad scientists, lol.

mike4266

Awards
I guess it's because when your goal is to gain mass things like IGF-1 and insulin are extremely effective to increase your body mass since they increase the number of cells that exist in your muscles. But when it comes to increase strength it doesn't depends on the amount of muscle you have, but rther the strength you have on the amount of muscle you have.
Also, if you look at the effects of the androgens that powerlifters use are mainly androgenic and not anabolic (Cheque drops comes to mind)
However through hyperplasia if you have more muscle cells to fire on wouldn't that lead to a stronger total? I would assume you would have to train these new muscle cells to have the strongest CNS connection possible. After watching Ronnie Coleman deadlift and squat 800 lbs. on youtube I think something has to be said for this way of supplementation.

Joints are another reason why I think these compounds should be used. Alot of powerlifters and strongmen have their careers cut short due to injuries and wear and tear on joints. If we are able to regenerate tendons, ligaments, and cartilage with IGF, growth, and slin why not?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most powerlifters i know don't get too concerned about their drugs. People on the message boards make steroid use more complicated than it really needs to be. When you start getting into insulin and HGH and things like that, you have to really start to learn your ****, most powerlifters i know spend their time reading about training and in the gym. They shoot alot of test, add some tren and orals in as the meets get closer. It is not complicated at all. Bodybuilding prep guru guys are like mad scientists, lol.
As I powerlifter, I concur. However, I have added in the last 2 weeks humulin r at 20 units immediately post workout as an experiment. Today I repped 315 for 28, which is a new best for me. I'm also running test at 750 and anadrol at 50 ed. I'm 6'6 and sitting at 355 now...up 5 pounds in last two weeks. Also upped my carbs and calories though.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
The purpose of insulin in bodybuilding is to keep blood sugar in the correct range
This only happens if you're taking a large amount of HGH. Taking more insulin to gain more weight will only cause insulin resistance and stops working after a few weeks

Secondly, no-one uses IGF-1. To my knowledge there is only one person in the world supplying IGF-1 to athletes and it's this French guy called "Mr Increlex"

Lastly, I have had the opportunity to speak with many high level strength athletes. This includes Stan Efferding, Andrey Malanichev, Eric Lilliebridge, Brandon Lilly and many more, too many to list. No-one uses HGH in powerlifting. Literally no-one. The muscle you gain from HGH is not like the muscle you gain from Androgens as far as strength goes. Most top level strength athletes simply take as much testosterone as they can deal with, which normally sits around 1-5 grams weekly