Effexor 150 mg

Shorinryu

Awards
Hi Guys,
my doctor has prescribed me effexor 150 mg (before I was taking 75 mg). When I was taking 75 mg i did not experience any problem in libido, testosterone decrease etc...Now he has doubled the dose for my depression; does anyone use effexor at this dose in this forum? and can share with me and the others interested in this forum his experience about possible the side effects (libido and test decrease etc..) which supplements helped to keep testo ok and libido ok to keep improving in the gym?
thanks

AFOX

Awards
I have been on 150mg of effexor for over a year now and have not experienced any side effects at all. just make sure you don't forget to take it or you will experience a very bad side effect when the half-life wears out. you have to taper off that stuff over about a month to come off it.

joshingyou

Awards
I get bad GI pains at doses over 75mg.
I tried it once 2 years ago and yes, within a couple days I could not get out of bed I was in so much pain in my stomach.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Well, well, well... What can I say?... Effexor has done terrible things to thousands of people, including my 17 year old daughter. It was very hard seeing her go into a half way house for drug abusers when they were trying to wean her of the stuff.... The side effects where horrendous! She spent days in bed with massive depression and also a few days in the hospital until the doctors thought it was time to take her off the Effexor... Then all hell broke loose.... It took her 6 months to finally feel better once she was weaned off the stuff... Tell your doctor to put you on Desipramine..... Here is a site you all can read... Read the signed petitions.
http://www.petitiononline.com/effexor/

Good luck my friends.... The reason doctors keep upping the doses is because people are going through side effects once there body gets use to the dosage. It's not the depression, it's the drug doing it.... They keep upping it and upping it until it doesn't work any more.... That's when it's to late. Try getting off the stuff will make you go insane!..

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Effexor is a notoriously difficult drug to go off of. Even weening off of it is very difficult. In my experience the best course of action when trying to get off of Effexor is to attempt to switch to another drug first, Prozac, would be one of the first I would reccomend as it is self tapering so eventually if you want to get off of it, it is somewhat easier. If you are looking to stay on antidepressants (or have to, like me) then I would reccoment trying the desipramine as the last poster said. The problem with desipramine is that it has more side effects then some of the more modern drugs but in my opinon the side effects are more tolerable then the side effects that come from many of the more modern drugs.

Mr.50

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I agree about the side effects of Desipramine, but the only ones I experienced was: dry mouth and heart flutters. I was on it for 3 years at only 75mg and it did wonders for me... When I was 16 I had my first panic attack at a restaurant... It was the worst feeling I ever had... I lived with them for 6 years before I got help. I went to a Neurologist and he prescribed Desipramine and I couldn't thank him enough... Once I got off Desipramine I've never had another panic attack........ My daughter is now on it. She experienced her first panic attack at 17 and I told her doctor to put her on Desipramine but she felt Effexor was best for her..... You don't know how bad I felt like walking into the doctors office and punching the doc right in the mouth after 6 months of her being on it (not to mention the 6 months weening off of it)..... I think doctors are like car sales men, when it comes to drugs.... Sell, sell, sell and you will be greatly rewarded no matter what the drug can do to you.:frustrate

hrtguy

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was on effexor a number of years ago while going through some relationship difficulties. It was a situational thing where my doctor thought effexor would help.

First, there were side effects going on it even when incrementing the dose up to 150mg over time.

The side effects were mostly minor, such as facial squeezes, (like an intense uncontrollable blink), nausea and a strong desire to be anti-social which is very unusual for me. All these side effects went away.

The other side efffect that did not go away was severly delayed ejaculation. It took me long enough before I started the meds but after starting effexor it took me a very long time to achieve orgasm. This can be very frustrating.

When I decided to come off effexor, I tapered the dose down over a couple of months. The withdrawal is horrible and I personally know others who have experienced the same.

Brain shocks, dizziness and head "whooshes" should be expected. These eventually went away but it took at least 3 months and I know others that took about the same amount of time. Needless to say, this withdrawal period was a very difficult time in my life.

If you choose to use this drug and then discontinue it, plan how you taper the dose carefully.

Remeron also offers an interesting alternative. I've never experienced withdrawal and it has the interesting side effect of blocking cortisol without creating cortisol rebound on discontinuance. (It will also make you crave sugar and if you're not careful the weight you gain will not all be muscle) It will also make you sleep very very deeply. Expect to be groggy the following day at first, but this will go away after a few days.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My wife was on about 60mg of Effexor for about 4 months. It helped her anxiety/depression for about 2 months, then the sides that kicked in were terrible. Her anxiety attacks rebounded and were more intense. Her libido went completely away which magnified her depression. Trying to ween off was difficult and hard for me to watch. It took about 4-5 months for her to feel semi normal again.

The NP that prescribed it never said anything about any of the sides.

We found that Rhodiola rosea helped alleviate the sides pretty well..at least so she could function.

Unless your symptoms are severe, I'd use rhodiola, inusitol or other more natural means to deal with it. Effexor has ruined lives.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Keep your eyes opened... Sooner or later we will see a multi billion dollar lawsuit against Wyeth-Ayerst.... It's only a matter of time..... I will make sure my daughter jumps on for the ride..... Her 17th year of life was ruined.... She never returned to high school. (4 months from graduation)....Gladly, she got her GED and is now part time in collage.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I believe it. In reading some med forums about people's experiences with this drug, I was appalled at the number of people who have been negatively impact..often in a permanent manner.

All drugs have side effects, but the sides from Effexor are just inexcusably dangerous and disruptive to people's lives and mental health.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Your right.... If you take a look through the signed petitions on this site http://www.petitiononline.com/effexor/ you may see a couple signed ones by the parents of teenagers who committed suicide while on Effexor.... They were just being treated for anxiety. I looked through 100's of them... There are over 10,000 now.... I think what the company will do is wait till so many people kill themselves before pulling it .... Sad, very sad.
:nono:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Paxil has a similar case load. There was a documentary on FSTV about it a year or so ago. Some of the people could not stop taking paxil or they'd go into heavy duty withdrawals with many ofthe same symptoms that Effexor gives.

It sad to see this stuff pimped so hard, especially when there are so many other, less dangerous drugs to prescibe.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn I just switched from paxil to effexor for my heart issues, related to anxiety, and was hoping it had less sides. Now I need to switch again it seems. I have had severe episodes of depression at times since switching over, and honetsly it has me scared. I suppose it's time to visit the doc again.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Make sure he gives you a kit to cycle off the stuff with should you decide to switch. They gave my wife a kit that halved the dose every 5 days or so and at every point where she lowered it, she got sick as a dog for a day or so until I gave her Rhodiola. It helped a little..balances serotonin levels..but she still felt pretty crappy.

I'd make your Dr give you a kit that decreases the dose as little as possible. Maybe Dr D can shed some light here.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I am certainly not Dr.D but I do have a significant amount of personal experience with the full range of these drugs. What Bioman said is quite right and you should insist on it. Any type of kit that allows you to decrease the dosage in the smallest increments possible would be the way to go. The withdrawal side effects can be quite debilitating (as stated here). All of the SSRI and SNRI drugs have some potential for this withdrawal effect. It is quite profound for some and not so bad for others. Effexor is likely the worst with Paxil a close second. I would have to say that the best in this regard is Prozac because it is self tapering due to the very long half life. None of these drugs are very promising.

It sounds crazy but I would take a tricyclic anyday over one of the new drugs except for the fact that certain Docs can be a real pain in the ass about you getting monthly blood work and EKG's while on tricyclics which can really prove annoying and expensive.

Make sure he gives you a kit to cycle off the stuff with should you decide to switch. They gave my wife a kit that halved the dose every 5 days or so and at every point where she lowered it, she got sick as a dog for a day or so until I gave her Rhodiola. It helped a little..balances serotonin levels..but she still felt pretty crappy.

I'd make your Dr give you a kit that decreases the dose as little as possible. Maybe Dr D can shed some light here.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Looks like it's already started.... Oh that's right they make 2.6 billion dollars in annual sales with Effexor.... So far only 10 family's?..... no big deal, we can pay them off. " A few million won't put a dent in our company".... Remember people, This is our biggest selling drug! It's well worth paying out a few million a year in death related lawsuits from our drug Effexor than pulling it from the market..... You all want jobs don't you?..... And don't forget, the Doctors get a little peice of the action to.

WYETH SUED BY TEN FAMILIES FOR EFFEXOR INDUCED SUICIDES/VIOLENCE
For Immediate Release
October 25, 2005

Ten families from across the United States have joined forces to bring wrongful death and personal injury suits against the drug giant Wyeth alleging that their respective family members committed impulsive acts of violence - mostly suicides-or attempted them-shortly after taking Wyeth's best-selling drug, Effexor.
The suit was filed in Federal Court in Philadelphia, near Wyeth's corporate headquarters in Collegeville, Pa. The suit alleges that Wyeth's drug Effexor-an antidepressant-was responsible for the deaths of eight people and for injuries to three other teenagers. The average length of time that the patients took the drug before their deaths was ten days.
Citing Wyeth's own clinical trial data, the lawsuit also alleges that Wyeth knew for years that hostility and self-harm were side effects of Effexor but made a conscious decision not to warn prescribing physicians or consumers, fearing a loss of market share in the multi-billion dollar anti-depressant industry.
For over a decade, information has emerged linking antidepressant drugs like Effexor to homicide and suicide, but Wyeth and other drug companies shrugged it off, arguing that the suicides were caused by the depression, not their drug. The scientific and medical data of the connection between the SSRI's and suicide became so convincing, however, that the Food and Drug Administration in September of 2004 ordered BLACK BOX WARNINGS regarding the causal relationship between the drugs and adolescent and child suicides. In July of this year, the FDA expanded the warning to encompass the increased risk that anti-depressants pose to adults. Canada's drug regulatory agency-Health Canada-has also required warnings regarding the suicide risks of these drugs for all patients. Similar warnings have been required by European agencies. The families are co-represented by the Philadelphia firm of FELDMAN & PINTO and the Houston, Texas firm of VICKERY & WALDNER. Further information, and a copy of the lawsuit itself, can be obtained from www.JusticeSeekers.com. The lawsuit does not seek any specific amount in damages, but seeks a determination that Effexor causes suicide in some patients who have never been known to be suicidal before they took the drug and a finding regarding Wyeth's "fault" for failing to warn about that risk. "After a Philadelphia jury determines what the FDA has already found to exist," said Andy Vickery of the Houston firm, "the Court can then consider whether to remand each family to their home federal district for individual trials on specific causation and damages." The Plaintiff families live in Florida, Georgia, Colorado, North Carolina, Texas, Washington, California, Wisconsin and Alaska. "Filing the initial suit in Wyeth's home town," said Vickery, "avoids contradictory findings and is certainly the fairest and most economical way to proceed with these claims."

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
My wife's on 150mgs/d too, for about the last month and a half. Man, she did need something, but wouldn't listen when I warned here about Effexor. Oh well. I'll probably ween her with Vivactil (10mg) or Desipramine (50-75mg) when it's time, along with a benzo initially for the acute dysthymia and somatic sides. Clonidine may be a good all-in-one option too. I've seen people come off of a lot of crap with that. Cig's, morphine, SSRI's, etc..

Section 8

Banned
Awards
Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from people who say things like "objectivity is for nerds."

-- All of the side-effects ARE fully disclosed. Download the studies.

-- Effexor has a higher anti-depressant rating than any SSRI, including prozac. For people who don't respond to SSRI's, it is the only option besides TCA's and MAOI's, drugs which have far worse side-effect profiles.

The problem isn't the drug, any more than McDonalds or 'eating too much' are the underpinnings of obesity, diabetes, etc. The problem is the patients, parents, and doctors.

You guys are hipocrites, plain and simple. If you screwed up your lives or, even more deplorable, the lives of your loved ones, it's on your heads. All of the information is and always has been available. You didn't download it. Any GOOD PSYCHIATRIST would never in a million years use effexor for anxiety, light depression, etc. You chose to save some coin and go with the GP or a poorly qualified psych.

Have some dignity. Take responsibility for your failures in judgment.

I used effexor xr for a brief period of time (3 months), for severe work-a-holicism. Dose got up to 300mg. It totally killed my desire to work, which is what I was taking it for (no comorbid depression or anxiety), but the side-effects eventually became unbearable. Arginine AKG helped with my sex drive, but it didn't do anything to return the fun-factor of sex, which effexor totally killed. Testosterone shouldn't be a problem.

Are you on Effexor IR or Effexor XR? IR apparently works far better for some people than XR, as far as side-effects are concerned. It's much cheaper, too. Does require multiple daily dosing, though.

While I'm on the subject: If/when you do decide to stop taking the drug, talk to your doctor about using an SSRi to kick it instead of the usual and idiotic ween-down method. I dropped from 300mg/daily to 0 to no ill-effect by using high-dose zoloft.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Glad you are a 23 year old expert in all things medical as well as being a life coach.

You could have made your points without attacking everyone, but since you prefer the company of your bottle of Effexor to that of real people with real experiences, I'm showing you the door.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here here. Not only a brilliant choice but funny on top of it!!!

Mr.50
Glad you are a 23 year old expert in all things medical as well as being a life coach.

You could have made your points without attacking everyone, but since you prefer the company of your bottle of Effexor to that of real people with real experiences, I'm showing you the door.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.

MICK92

Awards
Ya bioman, thanks for taking out the trash:clap2:

Hey guys what about that new product that IBE just came out with called Oxytocin.
Do yall think it will have sides like some of the other drugs? Has anybody in here ever tried it & if so what was it like, maybe mello you out? Just trying to get a feel for it.

THANKS

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from people who say things like "objectivity is for nerds."

-- All of the side-effects ARE fully disclosed. Download the studies.

-- Effexor has a higher anti-depressant rating than any SSRI, including prozac. For people who don't respond to SSRI's, it is the only option besides TCA's and MAOI's, drugs which have far worse side-effect profiles.

The problem isn't the drug, any more than McDonalds or 'eating too much' are the underpinnings of obesity, diabetes, etc. The problem is the patients, parents, and doctors.

You guys are hipocrites, plain and simple. If you screwed up your lives or, even more deplorable, the lives of your loved ones, it's on your heads. All of the information is and always has been available. You didn't download it. Any GOOD PSYCHIATRIST would never in a million years use effexor for anxiety, light depression, etc. You chose to save some coin and go with the GP or a poorly qualified psych.

Have some dignity. Take responsibility for your failures in judgment.

I used effexor xr for a brief period of time (3 months), for severe work-a-holicism. Dose got up to 300mg. It totally killed my desire to work, which is what I was taking it for (no comorbid depression or anxiety), but the side-effects eventually became unbearable. Arginine AKG helped with my sex drive, but it didn't do anything to return the fun-factor of sex, which effexor totally killed. Testosterone shouldn't be a problem.

Are you on Effexor IR or Effexor XR? IR apparently works far better for some people than XR, as far as side-effects are concerned. It's much cheaper, too. Does require multiple daily dosing, though.

While I'm on the subject: If/when you do decide to stop taking the drug, talk to your doctor about using an SSRi to kick it instead of the usual and idiotic ween-down method. I dropped from 300mg/daily to 0 to no ill-effect by using high-dose zoloft.

:wtf:
Un-f'n believable

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
:wtf:
Un-f'n believable
he probably owned stock in the company.

WYETH (NYSE:WYE) Delayed quote data
Last Trade:48.93Trade Time:2:20PM ETChange:
0.02 (0.04%) Prev Close:48.95Open:48.84Bid:N/AAsk:N/A1y Target Est:52.30Day's Range:48.49 - 49.0652wk Range:38.50 - 50.49Volume:1,899,300Avg Vol (3m):4,722,570Market Cap:65.77BP/E (ttm):18.15EPS (ttm):2.70Div & Yield:1.00 (2.00%)http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=WYE&t=1d

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
LOL, that crossed my mind.

A Big Pharma BOT.

lol

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I am on 75 mg of Effexor at the moment and I like it alot. I was severly depressed before going on it, and it has helped me immensely. The only thing I do not like is that I get major stomach pains if I do not take it with food.

JW3K

Awards
I just wanted to add that although many people have had bad experiences with Effexor, it has been a god send to me. No stomach pain at all.

I had post tramatic stress after a jet that I was on failed and dove to an emergency landing. Over the next 2 years I became increasingly clostraphobic and agoraphobic. I couldn't go to restaurants and a trip to walmart was out of the question. Panic attacks were the worst thing I had ever experienced and I wanted to die. I literally hated leaving my bed, and brother, that ain't me!

Yes, when I miss a dose, I get dizzy and life really sucks, but if I wasn't ever prescribed the stuff, I may have committed suicide. My quality of life was restored when I got on Effexor XR.

I've been on it for about 5 years now. My libido did suffer, but hey, my bench is up about 30%!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I am sincerely glad to hear that it works well for some of you and I hope I did not sound over-the-top antagonistic towards all conventional medicine. I assure you that I am not. It's just that when a product has this high of a rate of serious side effects, the Drs should warn you. Our Dr did not and not only that, he had no clue that there were any potential sides. That is kind of scarey considering a bad reaction could have someone committing suicide, having an anxiety attack or just plain thinking they are losing their minds.

If an MD is going to prescribe the drug, they should damn well know what they are doing rather than simply relying on the glossy brochure..otherwise, leave it to a specialist. This particular drug really made my wife's life hell..and I was pretty mad about it for awhile. No one should go to the Dr and come out worse than when they went in and it's especially hard when it's your loved one who's suffering.

Just my 2 cents.

astrolifter

Awards
150mgs

I take effexor at 150mg twice a day. The main side effect is delayed ejaculation; in fact, there have been many times that I have been unable to ejaculate during sex! Also, my sex drive is lower, unless i'm taking a decent dose of test of course...

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
I am on 75 mg of Effexor at the moment and I like it alot. I was severly depressed before going on it, and it has helped me immensely. The only thing I do not like is that I get major stomach pains if I do not take it with food.
How about effexor xr 75mg with any of the following Dr. D: Currently on superdrol 20mg, milk thistle 1000mg, pro liver 6 tabs, cod liver oil 2 tabs, flaxseed oil 2 tabs, multivitamin 2 tabs, SAMe 2 tabs.

PCT: nolva, fenugreek, dhea, ryr

thanks in advance

Beige

Awards
  • Established
Effexor is a great drug. At 150 mgs it's the only SSRI that ever worked for me. However I have major problems sustaining an erection. Most psychs (mine included) will give you a script for viagra or cialis. As for those of us that try to avoid those two, Paravol is a safe alternative.

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
Effexor is a great drug. At 150 mgs it's the only SSRI that ever worked for me. However I have major problems sustaining an erection. Most psychs (mine included) will give you a script for viagra or cialis. As for those of us that try to avoid those two, Paravol is a safe alternative.
How old are you brotha man

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
Yea i had low libido/sex drive when I was up to 300mg but that also could've been all the other **** I was puttin in my body on top of that. Hows viagra/cialis..sick?

Beige

Awards
  • Established
Viagara wasn't the be-all-end-all I thought it would be, but I could definitely stay up for at least one romp. Cialis was pretty much the same except it lasts like 32 hours. The only thing that bugs me out about these two are the potential sides. They can be worse than AAS sides sometimes.

PR2525

Awards
I was on Effexor XR for depression and I stopped taking it. I'm not going to sit here and bash it, I'm just going to explain the effects it had on me and why I stopped taking it.

1) Sex drive went down the drain! My girlfriend wanted sex all the time and I never wanted to have sex. I was wondering if I was turning gay, except I didn't have any gay thoughts so that went out the window. After weeks and months of no sex/no masterbation, I would sit in the shower and try to force myself to masterbate. I'd think of nasty kinky crap and..............no dice. Couldn't do it. My penor remained flaccid and sad.

2) My life turned into a hazy dream world. After a few weeks of taking it, I wasn't exactly sad anymore, but I felt almost numb. Couldn't laugh or be happy, couldn't cry or feel sad, couldn't get mad. Just felt flat on an even keel. I felt fake and synthetic and I didn't like it.

That second effect is the main reason I stopped taking it. I just didn't like the fake, hazy, foggy headed feeling I had. Honestly, I can deal with no sex, but I need to be able to feel emotions - whether they are happy or sad. That's being human. Once I stopped taking it, it took a couple weeks to get back to normal.

I know this may sound silly, but I'm pulsing Epistane now and it's better than any anti-depressant I've ever had. I know Epi is not exactly meant to be an anti-depressant, but it makes me feel clear headed, emotionally positive and focused, and generally happy. But it feels natural.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the Epi, it's about the Effexor, and I just figured I'd share my experience. :)

sumguy

Awards
I went cold-turkey off 300mg. I didn't find it to be very pleasant.

pepo72

pepo72

Awards
I have been taking 75mg of Effexor for about 5 years, for a while i bumped up to 150mg and the only side I got then was I began to sweat alot, after a while I just dropped down to 75mg and all was fine again.

I feel sorry for you who has gotten so much sides from this medication, you are in my prayers.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I went to the doc today for something to help me through a current phase of anxiety. I had every notion of getting on lexapro and he gave me three weeks worth of effexor. After reading these posts, I'm a bit more nervous than I was before. I didn't like the office, and got a bad push the pharm reps samples vibe off of the guy. That, and after a 15 minute evaluation he wanted to put me on lithium. I told him no way. I've only taken one 35mg dose so far, and I think I might wait and get some advice from my counselor before going any further.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been on AD for about 9 years now, started out with Celexa until about 4 months ago, I was getting depressed and anti-social so my Doc. switched me to Cymbalata which was a HORRIBLE experience, no sleep, heart palpatations, and just feeling awful all I then switched to Zoloft 75mg, after 3 weeks of feeling like a Zombie, the Doc. increased my dose to 150 mg, I feel better, but still have the heart flutters. I have been talking to a Nutritionest to get off all prescrib. meds, so far she has got me off Aciphex. I have not started yet, but for getting off the Zoloft she recommends Sam-E 200 one at night and one in the morning. Does anyone have any info on the use of Sam-E for coming of antidepressants?????

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro be very carefuly with this course of action. I tried what you are trying to do and went into a really bad deression that it took a while to come out of. I hope it works out better for you then it did for me.

Mr.50

I have been on AD for about 9 years now, started out with Celexa until about 4 months ago, I was getting depressed and anti-social so my Doc. switched me to Cymbalata which was a HORRIBLE experience, no sleep, heart palpatations, and just feeling awful all I then switched to Zoloft 75mg, after 3 weeks of feeling like a Zombie, the Doc. increased my dose to 150 mg, I feel better, but still have the heart flutters. I have been talking to a Nutritionest to get off all prescrib. meds, so far she has got me off Aciphex. I have not started yet, but for getting off the Zoloft she recommends Sam-E 200 one at night and one in the morning. Does anyone have any info on the use of Sam-E for coming of antidepressants?????

jmil

Awards
I was on 150mg of effexor for a long time, approx. 3 years I would say. I had no ill effects while I was on it, and really believe it was the best think I could have done for my anxiety. I actually weaned off over a 3 week period, and despite reading all about how many problems MANY people have had, I had none. I was lucky, it was very easy to wean off, and I had no negative effects whatsoever.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Well, after gradually upping the dose and spending about a month at 150, I told the doc I wanted to stop. I expressed to him during follow-ups that I was uncomfortable with the drug, and that eventhough my anxiety was way down, I was feeling unmotivated and sleepy. I talked it over with my wife and decided that the sleepiness and lack of energy weren't worth it. I just wasn't getting anything done anymore and had no sense of urgency at all. The doc was shocked to the point of irritation when I told him I wanted off the effexor. He may be a doc, but being nervous about a drug that's supposed to calm your anxiety is counterproductive.

I am currently weening off of the stuff and am an irritible ****. It feels like I'm quitting tobacco all over again every time I come down a dose. I don't know what's next for me. my anxiety, or my meds. All I do know is that I'm glad it's a new damned year.:cheers:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else get the "brain zaps" when lowering a dose, or coming off of Effexor? I hate that feeling!

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else get the "brain zaps" when lowering a dose, or coming off of Effexor? I hate that feeling!
I think I know what you are talking about, maybe. I do know that all along I get these out-of-the-blue, knee-buckling yawns that knock me on my ass. I seem to get them when I pee too.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
They're a wildly known withdraw from effexor. They cause people quite severe discomfort. It feels exactly the way it sounds, like a zap to the brain.