I need a food to slow stool acceleration

Puzzle

Awards
Something to counteract fruit, oats, and flax. Any ideas?

NicktheBeast

Awards
Psyllium is a fiber that will help your stool bulk up and it down a bit. Psyllium is a bulking fiber that will help to thicken things up down there.

Puzzle

Awards
You saintly man. :) I've been three times today :/ I will give this a whirl.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cheese..cottage cheese or casein protein powder will clog you up pretty well.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Peanut Butter, banana, hard cheeses

Puzzle

Awards
Wasn't sure if you were right about the psylium after reading this:

"Although it is often called a laxative, it is not. It is, however, a rich source of soluble fibre. Soluble fibre becomes gelatinous and sticky in water and is not absorbed in the small intestine. It passes through to the colon where it helps to bulk up the stool, producing a larger softer stool which is easier to pass."

& "Psyllium is a bulking agent that promotes bowel regularity"
"

But I then read this
Psyllium

so I'm going to buy some and see what's what :)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Metamucil which is psyllium husks does help, at least it helps with TF patients that have increased stooling.

jrm

jrm

Awards
Please let us know if this helps! I have bubbly gut everyday.

Puzzle

Awards
I'm ordering 500g today, so I should know the effects by the weekend. I'll post...

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I say bananas, apples, and cheese are the most cost effective way to go here.

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
Something to counteract fruit, oats, and flax. Any ideas?
pyslium is good, but eat alot of veggies, the cellulose from the vegetables, not being able to be digested remains fibrous and cleans out your gastrointestinal tract.

krogtaar

Awards
yeah dont most of these suggestions other than the casein containing foods make you go more? i think simple carb sources do a great job, cause i never had problems before i fixed my diet habits

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah dont most of these suggestions other than the casein containing foods make you go more? i think simple carb sources do a great job, cause i never had problems before i fixed my diet habits
This is what I was thinking too...In my experiences, psylium just makes me go that much more often, which I believe is the opposite of what the poster wants.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Metamucil which is psyllium husks does help, at least it helps with TF patients that have increased stooling.
Is this due to diarrhea? If so, I could understand how psyllium could help.

From what I have experienced I just don't understand how it would help for the posters probelm...as I stated earlier, when I'm on a bulking diet, psyllium only seems to add fuel to fire.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Until I tried psyllium for myself, I was sure it would worsen my problem, basically a mild IBS-D type, but it definitley helped regulated and hold things together.

Fiber is one of those things that needs to be experimented with to figure out what the right amount is.

Puzzle

Awards
I read from a few sites that it can help with both constipation and diarrhea. Weird, but that's what they say. I've taken delivery of 500g of psylllium, so I'll know what's what pretty soon.

Opium and white bread will probably work but I'm not sure about the banana. Was that suggestion made with the understanding that it was the slow down rather than hasten?

Puzzle

Awards
I've taken my first lot of psyllium - 4g in a pint of water. I can't wait for my next sh1t to see what it's like, lol.

Puzzle

Awards
I would link but I'm not sure of the rules regarding retailers. I'm in Britain and it's from an online retailer here.
From the site:

"Whole Psyllium Husks"

'Psyllium Husk Powder can be a convenient way to increase the intake of dietary fiber. It has the ability to swell up to 50 times its initial volume when added to liquid. This bulking action can play an important role in maintaining regularity and gastrointestinal health.

Without drinking enough liquid the product may swell in the throat, causing blockage or choking. Avoid use if you ever had esophageal narrowing or swallowing difficulties.'

It's a fine, brown powder; I imagine and hope that that is usual.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
I try to take psyllium husks, and include them in my shakes, flaxseed muffins, and sometimes just mixed with water.

Sh1tting has never been more fun!

Another thing I notice is that, if you haven't taken it in a while, you will probably not go for a day, haha.

Puzzle

Awards
This stuff works. Three heaped teaspoons a day to get a noticeable effect.

jrm

jrm

Awards
Just got mine in. It's from NOW. I took my first serving of one tablespoon about 30 mintues ago. I will also start Controlled Labs Orange Triad tomorrow which has some digestive aids so we'll see how the combo goes. I'm going to play it by ear with the servings of the Psyllium.

jrm

jrm

Awards
Normally I'm bad about not doing that, but I really don't want to blow a gasket at the wrong time because I took too much. I'm just trying to slow my junk down.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
I like Fiberrific. But I don't quite understand the problem - ideally you should have a bowel movement for each meal your consume.

jrm

jrm

Awards
:toofunny:

I understand what you mean. You aren't going to gain more muscle faster by giving your self hemroids. The only complaint I have so far is the gas and bloating. Have you gotten either of these?
Not as of yet, but last night was my first time using it and this evening was my second time. I can say that this morning was the first time this semester I didn't almost crap my pants on the way to school or have to immediately after getting to campus. I cleared the chamber before my first class just to be safe. Overall I would have to say today was good for me in regards to bathroom visits.

jrm

jrm

Awards
I like Fiberrific. But I don't quite understand the problem - ideally you should have a bowel movement for each meal your consume.
I can accept that...but my problem is that I have to have that BM sometimes immediately or within minutes of consuming my meals.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the link bear. Stuff looks great for those wishing to add some bulk in their hulk. Do you use this everyday?
1 - 2 tsp ED - works well for me. I've tried psyllium but it doesn't do as good a job.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
I can accept that...but my problem is that I have to have that BM sometimes immediately or within minutes of consuming my meals.
That sounds unusual. Has it always been this way? More to the point: are your stools loose or firm? If they are well formed then it's probably nothing to worry about.

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
Watch out to whoever said milk/cottage cheese etc...Dairy type products might make someone a little more constipated then normal. So watch the balance and try to go for more complex carbs/fiber type foods.

My one friend even said Green Tea was giving him really good bathroom trips soo mess around with that.

jrm

jrm

Awards
He probably has a mild case of IBS where the natural intestinal stimulation from food consumption creates an urgent need for him to evacuate. When my Crohn's flares up the slightest digestive stimulation has me on the run and it sucks big time. When I am in remission I am backed up and that sucks too. That's why I am trying Metamucil(physlium husk) at the moment. To try and regulate things and so far I am going every morning and it feels great. It is far superior to my results with Citrucel (methylcellulose fiber) and Colace(stool softner). I would still like to give your stuff a try and see if I can get those hella logs. The ones that have you leaving the bathroom proud.
...I'm going to have to write that first sentence down b/c that's the best explaination I've heard for part of what I experience. I have multiple issues but that's a big one, I vary b/t loose/firm, runs/stopped up. Other times it's just random oh my god I'm about to crap my pants in a moments notice. Dr has me on Loperamide (Imodium AD) but that doesn't solve it most the time.

jrm

jrm

Awards
Thanks...I am 26 and have been this way my whole life. I can't count how many times I've blown a seal trying to get to the toilet, even in adulthood. I finally went to a GI after one such incident while with an ex. I know my anxieties play a part and adrenaline too in general. I never made the adrenaline correlation until a Sociology professor told us in my Deviance class last semester about how home burglers will sometimes leave a Cleveland Steamer in the house because the adrenaline excites them so much they have to release.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
He probably has a mild case of IBS where the natural intestinal stimulation from food consumption creates an urgent need for him to evacuate. When my Crohn's flares up the slightest digestive stimulation has me on the run and it sucks big time. When I am in remission I am backed up and that sucks too. That's why I am trying Metamucil(physlium husk) at the moment. To try and regulate things and so far I am going every morning and it feels great. It is far superior to my results with Citrucel (methylcellulose fiber) and Colace(stool softner). I would still like to give your stuff a try and see if I can get those hella logs. The ones that have you leaving the bathroom proud.
if that's the case then modifying his diet might be helpful. I know that wheat can aggravate intestinal problems, but other foods may also cause problems. Perhaps the best course of action would be to try an elimination diet.

jrm

jrm

Awards
if that's the case then modifying his diet might be helpful. I know that wheat can aggravate intestinal problems, but other foods may also cause problems. Perhaps the best course of action would be to try an elimination diet.
Thanks for you input. I have done an elimination diet both for migraines (which I have thankfully outgrown) and my IBS. Each time it yielded no results as to specific triggers.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for you input. I have done an elimination diet both for migraines (which I have thankfully outgrown) and my IBS. Each time it yielded no results as to specific triggers.
Damn, that sucks. Have you tried anything that could help with inflammation/irritation like DGL or aloe juice? DGL promotes mucous production and the aloe juice will help your digestive tract in a number of ways. Safety of Drinking Aloe Juice Daily

jrm

jrm

Awards
Damn, that sucks. Have you tried anything that could help with inflammation/irritation like DGL or aloe juice? DGL promotes mucous production and the aloe juice will help your digestive tract in a number of ways. Safety of Drinking Aloe Juice Daily
I'll check that out. There were some IBS (enzyme, I think) Tablets I took last year, but can't remember the name and find them anymore. They seemed to help. One of those situations where you think you're over it so you quit taking it kinda deals.

jrm

jrm

Awards
Remembered where I got those tabs...so I picked them up.
Digestive Advantage Once Daily Irritable Bowel Syndrome by Ganeden Biotech.

Richard321

Awards
Maximize your consumption of bananas and well done toast. These foods will help you to ease your condition.

amandabaileys

amandabaileys

Awards
Bananas is one old home remedy but really works.

Richard321

Awards
Try eating more bananas and well done toast. These foods will really help your condition.