LJ100 (Long Jack 100:1)

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
How much should you dose per day? 100mg?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Talbott S, Talbott J, Negrete J, Jones M, Nichols M, and Roza J.
Effect of Eurycoma longifolia
Extract on Anabolic Balance During Endurance Exercise. SupplementWatch, Inc. Draper,
UT, 84020 USA and Source One Global Partners, Chicago, IL 60611 USA.
[email protected]

Eurycoma longifolia, commonly known as “Tongkat Ali” or “Longjack,” is often touted as a testosterone “booster” and marketed to athletes as a training aid and performance enhancer.
Rodent studies have shown oral delivery of Eurycoma extract to improve sexual performance and increase serum testosterone levels. Open-label human trials have suggested that Eurycoma extract may help prevent age-associated androgen deficiency, improve sexual function, and
increase psychological parameters such as mood, energy, and sense of well-being. The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of Eurycoma longifolia on testosterone and cortisol levels during intense endurance exercise. We used a water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia
(E) standardized to 22% eurypeptides and 40% glycosaponins. Male subjects (N=30) were recruited from a 24-hour mountain biking event and asked to provide a saliva sample before and after each lap for measurement of cortisol and testosterone by enzyme immunoassay (Salimetrics, State College, PA). Subjects completed 4 laps (14.91 miles/lap) and provided 8 saliva samples over a 24h period. Subjects consumed 100mg of E (N = 15) or a look-alike
placebo (P, N = 15) approximately 30 minutes prior to endurance exercise. Cortisol levels were 32.3% lower in E compared to P (0.552+0.665 versus 0.816+0.775 ug/dL, P < 0.05).
Testosterone levels were 16.4% higher in E compared to P (86.72+40.90 versus 72.47+33.77 pg/mL, P < 0.05). These results suggest that Eurycoma longifolia extract may help to maintain normal levels of cortisol (low) and testosterone (high) and thus promote an overall “anabolic” hormonal state (versus a “catabolic” state characterized by elevated cortisol and suppressed
testosterone) during intense endurance exercise.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LJ100 - 300-500mg a day

LongJax (which nutraplanet sells) - 800mg a day

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards
You guys stop selling LongJax!?!?! When did you switch to LJ100. Personally I thought the LongJax was a better product. As you can only find in a couple places on the net. LJ100 you can find anywhere. LongJax was just more novel. I hope you get it back?

We could not continually prove the quality of the old product and feedback was a bit more hit or miss.

With the LJ100, there is documented human clinical data behind it and we have no worries at all about what we are getting from the manufacturer and are confident that will show in the customer feedback.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We could not continually prove the quality of the old product and feedback was a bit more hit or miss.

With the LJ100, there is documented human clinical data behind it and we have no worries at all about what we are getting from the manufacturer and are confident that will show in the customer feedback.

Have you ever looked into 200:1 water solube extract? Just would like to hear an opinion on 200:1 vs. 100:1 (LJ100)

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
I have some 200:1, I think only one company sells it.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
i am curious about capping this stuff. I have 00 caps. how many caps is 800mg (approximation is fine)

If I were good with science I'd be an engineer, not a philosophy major...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am curious about capping this stuff. I have 00 caps. how many caps is 800mg (approximation is fine)

If I were good with science I'd be an engineer, not a philosophy major...
Each 00 cap is 1/4 tsp roughly. If someone has the density of LJ 100:1 (NutraPlanet label's the density on the side of all bulk powders) that would be it.

.... Bueller?

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards
Have you ever looked into 200:1 water solube extract? Just would like to hear an opinion on 200:1 vs. 100:1 (LJ100)

It is available yes, but the cost vs the 100:1 did not make economical sense.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
Each 00 cap is 1/4 tsp roughly. If someone has the density of LJ 100:1 (NutraPlanet label's the density on the side of all bulk powders) that would be it.

.... Bueller?