Fadogia / LJ100: Brands & Stack vs. Standalone

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Team, first, I'm not interested in "all inclusive" products. While they seem to work great for most everyone on here, based on my experiences with those products, I prefer very simple ingredients and no ashwagandha.

That said, I'm interested in experimenting with Fadogia as a standalone, and it appears Barlowes is the best source I can find online.

Also, I was thinking to go back and try LJ100 and unsure of a good brand since OL doesn't make theirs anymore, unfortunately.

Any suggestions on brands for each and how about a stack of these for 4-8 weeks with a 2-4 week break? Anyone try something like this before?

Just going for a slight 'well-being' boost, nothing crazy in the gym.

Cheers.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
personally sustain alpha together with m-test works great for me, i see no reason longjack/fadogia wouldn't work well also.

since you are getting fadogia from barlowes why not get longjack there also and save on shipping?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have used allot of different tongkats and LJ100's over the years. Viron imo is the best tongkat product available and its a great value. I think BLR may still have there sale going on too...

Reactions: JYD

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My experience lj100 vs viron no comparison. Lj100 at one pill is superior. Again my opinion. Not sure of any reputable companies selling lj100 solo?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
personally sustain alpha together with m-test works great for me, i see no reason longjack/fadogia wouldn't work well also.

since you are getting fadogia from barlowes why not get longjack there also and save on shipping?
I was gonna say the same thing as long as your at Barlowes why not try their Long Jack 100:1 extract.
I haven't used Barlowes Long Jack in years BUT when I did it was 500mg per cap now it's 650mg and
at 500mg I only needed 2 caps a day and I dosed it Mon-Fri and took the weekends off. For me mood
elevation and great libido was what I got from it and for me cycling off it on the weekends keep those
effects going though some claim you don't have to take off weekends I find that way works better for
me so Long Jack tolerance doesn't build up but again it's been YEARS since I used Barlowes but I personally
found it more effective than lj100 and I went though 7 jars of OL version but we all know herbals effect
EVERYONE differently.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was gonna say the same thing as long as your at Barlowes why not try their Long Jack 100:1 extract.
I haven't used Barlowes Long Jack in years BUT when I did it was 500mg per cap now it's 650mg and
at 500mg I only needed 2 caps a day and I dosed it Mon-Fri and took the weekends off. For me mood
elevation and great libido was what I got from it and for me cycling off it on the weekends keep those
effects going though some claim you don't have to take off weekends I find that way works better for
me so Long Jack tolerance doesn't build up but again it's been YEARS since I used Barlowes but I personally
found it more effective than lj100 and I went though 7 jars of OL version but we all know herbals effect
EVERYONE differently.
exactly, when you start making orders at a bunch of different sites shipping charges add up in a hurry.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have used allot of different tongkats and LJ100's over the years. Viron imo is the best tongkat product available and its a great value. I think BLR may still have there sale going on too...
Viron, a Tongkat extract, with boron. Simple, and very effective.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will run Viron and FD2.0 together often with great results. Would definitely recommend Viron!

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EVERYONE differently.
Yeah, good advice. 650mg sounds like a lot of 100:1 when compared to say the OL dosage, but worth trying out at one cap a day. I'll look into Barlowe's.

Yeah, I like Viron a lot, but it seems to have mellowed on the last two runs I did of it, so I'm trying something new that isn't 12 ingredients in one. I'm very familiar with BLR and Viron; have taken Viron off and on for maybe 4 years or so? From 4-8 weeks with long breaks in between. I do love Viron's simplicity.

I will run Viron and FD2.0 together often with great results. Would definitely recommend Viron!
Love FD2. Just trying to save some cash these days, so I'm leaving out the epi products as they're not as 'essential' right now.

Keep the insights coming, gents, and thank you!

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
me so Long Jack tolerance doesn't build up
but again it's been YEARS since I used Barlowes but I personally
EVERYONE differently.
...I went back and reread this and loved that you mentioned the Mon-Fri and taking weekends off, BUT still feeling the effects on the weekends. This was a question I had for others that did the 5/2: do you still feel effects on the 2 off days?

I was doing Tues - Saturday, thinking I wanted that kick for Saturday workouts and activities. I tend to notice I'm a little less 'testy' and 'aggressive' (in a good way) on the 2 off days.

Either way, curious if anyone else notices the effects persist on off days...

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
...I went back and reread this and loved that you mentioned the Mon-Fri and taking weekends off, BUT still feeling the effects on the weekends. This was a question I had for others that did the 5/2: do you still feel effects on the 2 off days?

I was doing Tues - Saturday, thinking I wanted that kick for Saturday workouts and activities. I tend to notice I'm a little less 'testy' and 'aggressive' (in a good way) on the 2 off days.

When I ran Barlowes years back I remember Mon-Wed I would feel the libido strong and Thur and
Fri felt it taper off slightly but Sat and Sun off the Long Jack the libido felt like it ramped up on my
off days that's WHY I feel taking off Long Jack 2 days a weeks works best for me in order to keep
the libido going strong throughout the 8-12 week run. It usually takes about 2 weeks of running
the Long Jack to start feeling that off day libido boost and another thing I remember trying to go
to 3 caps a day on another time when I ran it didn't work as well as 2 caps so on Long Jack or Tong
Kat more isn't always better. Remember it's been years since I ran Barlowes BUT notice how well I
still remember the effects ;) again for me it blew LJ100 out of the water but again everyone is different
so you will get others who swear by LJ100.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I ran Barlowes years back I remember Mon-Wed I would feel the libido strong and Thur and
Fri felt it taper off slightly but Sat and Sun off the Long Jack the libido felt like it ramped up on my
off days that's WHY I feel taking off Long Jack 2 days a weeks works best for me in order to keep
the libido going strong
throughout the 8-12 week run. It usually takes about 2 weeks of running
the Long Jack to start feeling that off day libido boost and another thing I remember trying to go
to 3 caps a day on another time when I ran it didn't work as well as 2 caps so on Long Jack or Tong
Kat more isn't always better. Remember it's been years since I ran Barlowes BUT notice how well I
still remember the effects ;) again for me it blew LJ100 out of the water but again everyone is different
I'm near certain this is my exact experience. I noticed when I didn't take it on Sunday and Monday, my libido would be stronger-ish those two off days than the Friday and Saturday before it.

Very interesting. Glad I finally found someone that could relate. Cheers.

semtex

semtex

Awards
I went on to barlowes website and saw that they have Sumatra Pasak Bumi 200:1 Tongkat Ali Root Extract. This would be stronger then the 100:1 extract so can it be dosed at 1 pill a day?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

the libido going strong throughout the 8-12 week run. It usually takes about 2 weeks of running
I went on to barlowes website and saw that they have Sumatra Pasak Bumi 200:1 Tongkat Ali Root Extract. This would be stronger then the 100:1 extract so can it be dosed at 1 pill a day?
I've never tried the Sumatra 200:1 but I've seen mixed feedback in the past before Barlowes started
carrying it but if your looking to try Long Jack I would go for the 100:1 first and give that a try and
honestly the price point is better than the Sumatra.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The 100:1 in reviews talks about taking 4 a day which at 60 caps isn't that great of a deal.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The 100:1 in reviews talks about taking 4 a day which at 60 caps isn't that great of a deal.
Most people take TOO much for me 2 caps a day worked well and you have to run it at 2 caps for
at least 2-3 weeks and be patient and see if you get the most out of 2 caps. It's like lj100 people
were recommending crazy amounts and I experimented with it and 3 caps was what worked for me
cause when I tried more I didn't see any difference and again I felt the effects BETTER from regular
100:1 extract at 2 caps. It's like Chuck Diesel's Diesel Test Hardcore old formula's I could never take
the jars recommended dosages cause less always worked better for ME.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When it comes to Eurycoma, I’d personally only pay for a standardized extract. I want to know either the Eurypeptides content, or Eurycomanone content (or both with LJ100).

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When it comes to Eurycoma, I’d personally only pay for a standardized extract. I want to know either the Eurypeptides content, or Eurycomanone content (or both with LJ100).
I'm kind of a newb: can you give an example of a standardized extract? Cheers!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well can see standardized is 100mg, other is 650mg. Big difference, I love lj100, may give barlows a try at 2 caps and see.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well can see standardized is 100mg, other is 650mg. Big difference, I love lj100, may give barlows a try at 2 caps and see.
Yeah, I guess maybe I'm not understanding clearly what the definition of standardized means in this context. Does it have to say 'standardized' or is standardized merely the quantity of each ingredient? Can someone clarify? thx.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
100mg of a standardized extract can be more powerful then 650mg of a non-standardized extract. Think of the active ingredients.

Let’s take a more common ingredient for example, like Forskolin, which comes from Coleus Forskolii.

Product A has 500mg of coleus Forskolii per cap.

Product B has 500mg coleus Forskolii (standardized for 20% forskolin).

Which product would you want?

Same logic applies to Eurycoma. We don’t know what the Barlowe’s product is standardized for. Does it contain any Eurycomanone? How about Eurypeptides? It could be loaded, or not. These are two of the active ingredients that we’re looking for.