Rosie's Review of MuscleGel Shots (Key Lime flavour)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using MuscleGel Shots for some time now. The innovation behind them is great, and since the first one, I decided to use them as a staple, and not long after that, as my EXCLUSIVE source of supplemented protein . . . I've used all the flavours - not a fan of the Banana Cream and Cinnamon Roll flavours, but Tropical Mango and Key Lime are the best, the latter my favourite flavour! . . . When I made my first review, I did it after my first box of Tropical Mango - the rating I gave it was not even close! So here goes again . . .

What is it?

* Fast
* Convenient
* Complete

For more information, review Muscle Pharm :: MuscleGel Shots.

Formula: 10/10. 22g of protein, no sugar, and no fat makes MuscleGel Shots perfect for my wants and needs. As with all of their products, Muscle Pharm has delivered another awesome formula and a definite staple in my supplement arsenal!

Smell: 10/10. On opening the MuscleGel Shot, you can't actually smell it unless you put your nose right up to it. Faint smell of fresh limes for the Key Lime flavour.

Taste: 10/10. The Key Lime flavour is my favourite of all the MuscleGel Shot flavours - it tastes like one is consuming the juice from fresh limes, a very refreshing and tropical flavour.

Texture: 10/10. Smooth and silky and slides down your throat. Looking at the gel actually reminds me of a roll-up.

Convenience: 11/10. You don't have to mix MuscleGel Shots with water. You don't have to inconveniently lug around tubs and shakers, or bags with powder in, to make sure you get your protein when you want it. MuscleGel Shots fit anywhere and can be taken whenever and wherever you want, gone as quickly (literally seconds!) or as slowly as you desire (although you want to get it down as fats as you can because they are that good).

Body Composition: N/A. Although MuscleGel Shots would not be directly responsible for any changes in body composition, they definitely make fat loss or muscle gains more convenient and ensure that nutritional requirements for both are met. MuscleGel Shots (along with Shred Matrix and Assault) are going to play a hugely important role in my cutting cycle (the second one ever)!

Recovery: N/A. MuscleGel Shots are definitely a fast and convenient product for use immediately following training, allowing for a kickstart on recovery.

Overall: 11/10. I cannot say enough about MuscleGels Shots - although they are slightly pricier than protein powder, for the ease and convenience of the product and the fact that protein powder now upsets my stomach, alongside BCAAs, they are my exclusive chosen source for protein. When I have no appetite - which until recently was a very rare occurrence - MuscleGel Shots are lifesavers and I literally LIVE on them.

Would I use again? Yes. I have tried ALL the flavours now and have my favourites with Tropical Mango and Key Lime. MuscleGel Shots are a STAPLE for me, and my EXCLUSIVE source of supplemented protein.

Would I recommend? No hesitation - I would recommend these over protein powder, period!

This review can also be found at post #22 of my log Genomyx H.E.A.T.s up the Female Terminator with DCP to Smolder for Competition in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subforum.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie!
No worries, Paul - figured I needed to "correct" my overall "official" opinion of MuscleGel Shots, even though how I feel about them is pretty clear :D

~Rosie~

mnegrete1

Awards
Those gel shots are the bomb for on the go quick protein. I love em especially the mango.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those gel shots are the bomb for on the go quick protein. I love em especially the mango.
Absolutely - they are my "go-to" and ONLY choice re supplemented protein! :thumbsup:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I believe it should be pretty low and shouldn't bother you at all.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's the lactose content? Any? Safe for lactose-retardant guys like me?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::usa2:
Considering I am lactose intolerant and the MuscleGel Shots have no negative effect on me, I'd say they are fine for you to use without issues.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some based on your positive review. Got the mixed flavors so I could see which one I like the best!

Looking forward to trying something other than a protein powder drink mix.

P.S. Also ordered some Assault based on your review. :biggthumpup:

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hi Rosie

All whey products tend to leave a filmy after taste. How is this product in that regard ? Thanks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hi Rosie

All whey products tend to leave a filmy after taste. How is this product in that regard ? Thanks.
MuscleGel Shots don't really leave an aftertaste, and certainly nothing "filmy".

~Rosie~

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks !