Receptor Review

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
So Craig told me to write up a review for LG's receptor product, I hope this is useful for anyone who wants to use the product.

Receptor is an androgen receptor "cleaner". The idea behind it is that as you cycle more than once, your androgen receptors get "dirty" or less functional. This holds true with the continued use of any controlled substance, from caffeine to cocaine and everything in between. Basically, the more you use something the more your body gets used to it, and the less it reacts in the original manor the product once did. Therefor, if we run multiple prohormone or steroid cycles, our androgen receptors downgrade. This means that your first cycle of superdrol may yeild 15lbs. But if you were to run a second a few months later, I would be VERY surprised to learn that one had the same gains as his first cycle. So, there are two things we can do about this. We can cycle different hormones, therefor spreading out the use of the same hormones from being back to back, making our bodies react to a new compound each time we run a cycle. Well, this may work for a few cycles, but eventually our receptors are "burnt out" and they just won't react like they first did, no matter what the compound is. This is where Receptor comes in. Its ingredients are supposed to "clean" the androgen receptors, so that one can keep having the best amount of androgen receptors each cycle.

I ran Receptor during the end of my first extended PH cycle. It was M1D/MMV2 by LG. I had ran ONE bottle of MMV2 prior... about 2 months before this run. I bridged the last two weeks (week5-6) and the first two weeks of PCT with Receptor.

I noticed my strength gains were not as immediate on my second MMV2 run... this is when I decided to try Receptor at the END of my cycle. A few days after I started the receptor, I started getting the MMV2 aggression that I had been so surprised by on my first MMV2 run. I noticed this feeling was dulled a bit from my first time... maybe I was just used to it, but I seriously didn't have the mental "edge" that I did on the first time I used it. Receptor changed this. I noticed an almost immediate surge in aggression from the MMV2... I truly believe that I started to "absorb" or react to more of the compound.

I also noticed that I felt "fresher" at the beginning of my Epistane run, than I did at the beginning of my M1D MMV2 run. Now my receptors weren't downgraded much, but it was enough to notice a difference from the first to the second time. I felt the Epi kick in very quickly, around week 1 1/2. Had I a few more cycles under my belt and no receptor, I bet i would have had to dose higher or waited for the "kick" for a longer period of time.

I think that this is a great supplement for those of us running our third, fourth, fifth +, cycles. I am looking forward to using this in my Anadraulic State, and will be using it again before my Pheraplex cycle next year. I especially think that this is a useful compound for highly androgenic compounds, for those of us that really enjoy the "rage" that highly androgenic products can produce.

I can only imagine how brutal Phera+MMV2+Receptor would be... In fact, I may have to run that. :twisted:

I hope that this provides some information to those who are interested in the product, if anyone has any questions they would like to ask me about receptor, feel free to ask away. I don't know a ton about the ingredients and why they are dosed that way, however I do know how it made me feel and how I reacted to it.

Another awesome LG product!:thumbsup:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I am going to now share some info about the ingredients... I am no organic chemist, but we might as well read what I can research.

N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a metabolite of the sulfur-containing amino acid, Cysteine. Cysteine is found in high protein foods, N-Acetyl Cysteine is not. N-Acetyl Cysteine is produced within the human body. Cysteine plays a role in the sulfation cycle, acting as a sulfur donor in phase II detoxification and as a methyl donor in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine. Cysteine also helps synthesize glutathione, one of the body's most important natural antioxidants and detoxifiers. N-Acetyl-Cysteine is the acetylated form of L-Cysteine.
N-Acetyl Cysteine increases Glutathione Levels

N-Acetyl Cysteine is rapidly metabolized to intracellular glutathione. Glutathione acts as a powerful antioxidant in the body. Glutathione also detoxifies chemicals into less harmful compounds. N-Acetyl Cysteine also protects the body from acetaminophen toxicity and is used in hospitals for patients with acetaminophen poisoning. It has also been shown to be effective at treating liver failure from other causes as well.
N-Acetyl Cysteine Chelates Heavy Metals

Heavy metals like lead, mercury and arsenic are detoxified and removed from the body by N-Acetyl Cysteine . It also increases the excretion of zinc and other essential minerals when taken over an extended period. It is therefore necessary to supplement zinc, copper and other trace minerals when taking N-Acetyl Cysteine.
N-Acetyl Cysteine and the Immune System

Glutathione is known to aid in the transport of nutrients to lymphocytes and phagocytes, two major classes of immune cells, and to protect cell membranes. While purified glutathione is available as a dietary supplement, absorption is low, and N-Acetyl Cysteine is thought to be a better method of boosting cellular glutathione levels. N-Acetyl Cysteine is being investigated as a treatment for AIDS.
N-Acetyl Cysteine Breaks up Mucus

N-Acetyl Cysteine cleaves disulfide bonds by converting them to two sulfhydryl groups. This action results in the breakup of mucoproteins in lung mucus, reducing their chain lengths and thinning the mucus, improving conditions such as bronchitis and flu. Double-blind research has found that N-Acetyl Cysteine supplements improved symptoms and prevented recurrences in people with chronic bronchitis. N-Acetyl Cysteine at a dosage of 1,200 mg per day helps to prevent Influenza infection, reduces the symptoms of existing Influenza infection and reduces the duration of Influenza infections.
N-Acetyl Cysteine and Cancer

N-Acetyl CysteineN-Acetyl Cysteine has been shown to reduce the proliferation of certain cells lining the colon and may reduce the risk of colon cancer in people with recurrent polyps in the colon. Its action as an antioxidant and a glutathione precursor may also contribute to a protective effect against cancer.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
This is interesting... it's a study done on frogs, but interesting nonetheless...

Sodium caprylate added to glucose-Ringers in concentrations between 0.000625 and 0.025 molar has a stimulating effect on the cardiac output of the isolated frog heart under conditions of constant venous pressure and peripheral resistance. The effect is much more marked in hearts that have failed than on fresh hearts. The effect is brought about by an increase in stroke volume apparently by improving the contractility of the muscle.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Nicotinic acid reduces the production of triglycerides and VLDL (very low-density lipoprotein, which is converted to LDL in the blood). This leads to decreased LDL ("bad") cholesterol, increased HDL ("good") cholesterol, and lowered triglycerides. Nicotinic acid raises HDL cholesterol more than other lipid-lowering medicines.

This is great news for those of us who run Mdrol!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Zinc Aspartate is an important naturally occurring bioavailable delivery form of the immune boosting vital micro-mineral zinc. The aspartate moiety is an important ingredient of the citric acid cycle. As the citric acid cycle is the center for energy production within the cell, aspartic acid must be present in every cell of the body. It is therefore not something foreign to the body. Also zinc plays vital roles in several physiological and biochemical metabolic pathways.

Thus both the ingredients of zinc aspartate are naturally present in the body. Any deficiency will lead to serious disturbances in the normal functioning of the system. This makes zinc supplementation very important. Zinc aspartate caters to this "optimal" nutritional requirement.
Structure

Requirements

The Food and Nutrition Board of the Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences has recommended the following Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for zinc.
Age (years) RDA (milligrams/day)
0 – 1 05
1 – 10 10
Males 11 – 51+ 15
Females 11 – 51+ 12
Pregnant 15
Lactating
First 6 months 19
Second 6 months 16

Significance of zinc in human nutrition
Zinc is a component of the enzymes involved in most major metabolic pathways, and as such, is essential for human life. Large amounts of Zinc are deposited in bone and muscle, but unfortunately, these stores of Zinc are not easily available to the rest of the body. The human body’s pool of accessible Zinc is small and susceptible to rapid turnover----- deficiency signs appear quickly. Zinc deficiency has an immediate effect on cell growth and repair since it participates in over 80 enzymes and hormone functions, including many involved in gene expression.

Zinc is essential for development and proper functioning of the reproductive organs and normal functioning of the prostate gland.

Zinc plays a central role in cell-mediated immune function and also is supposed to play significant roles in HIV patients.

Recent research indicates that it may help fight the common cold and other infections; it may also be useful in treating fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.

Zinc is essential in human and animal nutrition with a wide range of biological roles. Zinc plays catalytic, structural and regulatory roles in more than 200 zinc metalloenzymes that have been identified in biological systems. These enzymes are involved in nucleic acid and protein metabolism and the production of energy among other things. Zinc plays structural roles in so called Zinc fingers. Zinc fingers are exploited by transcription factors for interacting with DNA and regulating the activity of genes. Another structural role of zinc is in the maintenance of the integrity of biological membranes resulting in their protection against oxidative injury, among other things.

Zinc is involved in well over one hundred metabolic process and body functions, which include the following:

Normal growth and development: Zinc plays important roles in bone growth and mineralization and the development of reproductive organs.

Maintaining healthy skin and bones: Zinc deficiency is linked to various skin disorders, including eczema, acne, and excessive flaking similar to what occurs in psoriasis. Hair becomes dull and lifeless looking.

Metabolic processes: Zinc is a component of various enzyme systems, and it is essential for the synthesis and metabolism of proteins and genetic material. The red blood cells also need zinc for the proper transfer of carbon dioxide.

Healing and immune function: Zinc promotes the healing of burns common infections.

Taste and smell: Zinc’s role in these senses enables a person to distinguish the taste of different foods.

Physiologically, zinc is vital for growth and development, sexual maturation and reproduction, dark vision adaptation, olfactory and gustatory activity, insulin storage and release and for a variety of host immune defenses, among other things.

Zinc may have immunomodulatory activity. It may also have antioxidant activity. Zinc has putative antiviral, fertility- enhancing and retinoprotective activities.

Zinc is essential for proper formation and maturation of spermatozoa. There is some evidence that zinc can promote and accelerate wound healing in some circumstances. Zinc is also very important to the newborn when breast milk may be its only sources of Zinc.

Nutritional role of aspartic acid

Aspartic acid is a metabolic intermediate in several biochemical pathways in the body, including the tricarboxylic acid and urea cycles.

Aspartic acid salts are believed to be mineral transporters to the metabolizing cells, aiding in the metabolic process by replenishing vital electrolytes thereby contributing to efficient energy production.

In addition, the aspartate moiety is reported to reduce oxygen consumption by the cells during the energy cycle.

Zinc aspartate is a totally reacted, nutritionally functional chelate with the added benefits of better absorption, greater tolerance, better retention and also safe bioavailable form of Zinc.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I cannot find an article on Dihydrocoumadin... Want to step in and help me out LG?

Anyway, I believe that all these compounds work very synergistically together to help one "feel" they are "ON" cycle more. Which is a feeling that I have come to love!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Nice review man!! Appreciate all the effort put into this!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
No problemo dude. Learn, Teach, Lead right? :thumbsup:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Great amount of detail, Receptor really is a great product that isnt talked about too much and definitely deserves to be the topic of conversation on these boards.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Great amount of detail, Receptor really is a great product that isnt talked about too much and definitely deserves to be the topic of conversation on these boards.
Agreed. When I first read the ingredient list I was like... ???

Which is what I think a lot of the people on the board said, and why they may not have tried it out yet.

But I gave it a shot and it worked. Now that I have done the research on the products, it is starting to all make more sense from the actual ingredients side of things.

I recommend it!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
IMO this is an under rated product. It seems to have that little extra that everyone is looking for during certain stages of supplementation. Thank you for the detailed review and I hope others here can have the benefit of using the product!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
IMO this is an under rated product. It seems to have that little extra that everyone is looking for during certain stages of supplementation. Thank you for the detailed review and I hope others here can have the benefit of using the product!
NP. After I did the research it made a lot of sense.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thanks for the info G! I've been thinking about running this for a little while.

wonder how fast I can get a bottle for my m-drol run.

pressmaster

Awards
I have a question 4 all of u LG Sciences guys or ne1 with knowledge 4 that matter,does ne1 have ne idea about dosing 4 sodium caprylate? I have Eric Marchewitz's book on supps and it says sodium caprylate can icrease androgen binding by up to 250%.i would love to take it but no offense to you guys I refuse to get it n a proprietary blend or premixed as i want 2 trust n my dosing!!!!!!!

Dirty music

Awards
  • Established
i never seen this before,sounds pretty good.so i would run this during the PCT?start at day 1 and run for 4 weeks?

Dirty music

Awards
  • Established
also i found one that looks to be expired.it says (Best By DATE Mar-Jun 2009 GUARANTEED FRESH!!)and i save to get it or should i stay away?

pressmaster

Awards
also does ne1 no where to get sodium caprylate as caprinol and other products containing it r all discontinued online xcept 4 lg methy1d and formadrol??