Beta Caryophyllene: CB2 receptor agonist? Any one know anything?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"Caryophyllene is a common and often abundant terpene found in cannabis. Its distinctive flavor contributes to the spiciness of black pepper and can be found in high amounts in cloves, hops, and rosemary. It falls under the FDA’s “generally recognized as safe” classification, so large doses can be safely consumed.
Over the last decade, caryophyllene has gained the attention of scientists when it was discovered to be one of the first non-cannabinoids to directly activate cannabinoid receptors. Caryophyllene-rich cannabis strains may therefore have specific medicinal effects due to this terpene’s effect on our endocannabinoid system."

Saw this pop up on a nootropics site and just started reading a little. Does anyone have any experience with this compound? Thank you!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's the primary terpene in the dab I just did...

🤪

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Working in a CBD facility, I can tell you that I think it, along with some of the other volatiles will be pushed in the future. A lot of those beneficial compounds are found in that head fraction of the triphase distillation. IIRC, most of these ( including beta-carophylline) seem to potentiate cbd.