Big Dude In Gym Does Weird Stuff

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I workout at LA fitness on City Ave in Philly. There is this really huge guy, hes like 6'4" with 22+ inch arms without a doubt. He's has no leg development and works out in dickies work pants and a tee shirt. He doesn't really talk to anyone but is very nice from what i've heard. He does the weirdest **** though!

he uses light weights and dose obscure exercises. Lots of arm work, thats all I see him do. He is ripped and vascular and all ARMS! all he does is smile and sit around 5 minutes between sets. while he is sitting he carries around a bag of food. and I see him sipping on chocolate soy milk (the ones in the box thing) and sometimes he has a little baggy full of what looks like powdered sugar, and between sets he puts it to his mouth and haves a few licks. IT IS SO WEIRD...one day I will go up and ask him but I am just observing for now.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Good luck with that, I hope he won't kill you. LOL

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I workout at LA fitness on City Ave in Philly. There is this really huge guy, hes like 6'4" with 22+ inch arms without a doubt. He's has no leg development and works out in dickies work pants and a tee shirt. He doesn't really talk to anyone but is very nice from what i've heard. He does the weirdest **** though!

he uses light weights and dose obscure exercises. Lots of arm work, thats all I see him do. He is ripped and vascular and all ARMS! all he does is smile and sit around 5 minutes between sets. while he is sitting he carries around a bag of food. and I see him sipping on chocolate soy milk (the ones in the box thing) and sometimes he has a little baggy full of what looks like powdered sugar, and between sets he puts it to his mouth and haves a few licks. IT IS SO WEIRD...one day I will go up and ask him but I am just observing for now.
punch him........HARD!! ,and tell him it was a present from tripdog!

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HAHAH. I know what you mean though. Its annoying. he probably doesn't even know wtf hes doing. either that or hes figured out a freaky understanding of anabolism that has yet to phase the rest of the community. If I were to punch him he would just smile and continue with 30lb preach curls

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
It may not be powdered sugar.
Its kind of weird on how a person just sits and smile as he keep to himself constantly.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
trust me. everything about is weird, not just the keeping to himself. it might be dextrose+creatine or something. Maybe he believes in replenishing glycogen as it is depleted as apposed to a sudden burst of sugars PWO. It is an interesting theory, but the mid workout insulin spike (if too much sugar is taken intra-workout) may not be the best thing

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I watch a lot of people's workouts and wonder how much we actually udnerstand. it seems as if some of the biggest no-no's are what some people use for their biggest gains. While this guy may have small legs and such, he actually doesn't work out those muscles but the one's he does work are big (arms)

TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

Awards
he may not even be that strong, my uncle told me he knew a guy that did what he called spinning the muscle he would curl 25# D.B. for 50 reps per arm per set he said it would make his arms bigger but with no real strength increase and that he just wanted it for aesthetics

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
he may not even be that strong, my uncle told me he knew a guy that did what he called spinning the muscle he would curl 25# D.B. for 50 reps per arm per set he said it would make his arms bigger but with no real strength increase and that he just wanted it for aesthetics
Strength means the world to me, I don't mind getting big in the process, but it's not a goal.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
About 60/40 split for me as far as goals. i love strength but I also love size...it allows me to not have to put my strength to use so often.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I used to drive by that gym daily. The one out in Bala, right?

I actually still drive by there from time to time when I see some friends out in Manayunk.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: Oh my gawd I laughed so hard when I read that.....pictured it in my head.

Pudz: (smack!)...and that was from TRIPDOG you big fukcer! lol

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used to drive by that gym daily. The one out in Bala, right?

I actually still drive by there from time to time when I see some friends out in Manayunk.
yea exactly. Bala Cynwyd. Its not a bad gym. Lots of hammer strength and nautilus equipment and a good range of free weights etc

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: Oh my gawd I laughed so hard when I read that.....pictured it in my head.

HAHA hAHA and again HAHAHAh

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and a note to those talking about strength. Yea he doesnt look strong and Im sure if he worked his legs they'd be just as ridiculously big. Hell, if it works for him thats awesome. Wish I could get my arms that big lol

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

Yeah, that was sig worthy....:hammer:

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like Lemmy from Of Mice And Men. Don't let him pet your mouse or stroke your hair.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
And a hug him and a kiss and name him George!

Steal his baggie and have it analyzed.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ask him whats up and tel him to come to AM so we all know the secret.:woohoo:

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like he's a bit like Paul Dillet. Crazy genetics allows him to grow doing just about anything. No strength, but tons of muscle doing just about anything.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like he's a bit like Paul Dillet. Crazy genetics allows him to grow doing just about anything. No strength, but tons of muscle doing just about anything.
I will definitely try and talk to him next time I'm there though. He does seem like the paul dillet type. His arms are crazy though!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Just out of curiosity do you know if he is maintaining? He could just be doing the light weight and random stuff and smiling cause hes huge lol.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
If I had coke in a bag, I'd be smiling and chilling, not everyone is a crazy crack head, some people are very mellow... It could also be a bag of xanax, or pcilocibe.

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, definitely ask what white powder he uses for the swole :bb2:

Given your description I wouldn't be surprised if he snorted ground up bones of people with lesser arms.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, definitely ask what white powder he uses for the swole :bb2:

Given your description I wouldn't be surprised if he snorted ground up bones of people with lesser arms.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:toofunny: :toofunny:

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He hasnt been there yet....I only see him like once a week. He should be there today. iTs monday

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
He hasnt been there yet....I only see him like once a week. He should be there today. iTs monday
excellent observation. Keep us posted. Dont forget to give him what Trip asked you too!

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OKAY THE SECRET IS KNOWN:

the guy was really nice. I caught up with him in the locker room and exchanged a few words while watching a football game on TV in the lounge area. He carries around a big tub of cooked chicken all day and the powder in the bag is in fact sugar. I asked why he would constantly eat sugar while working out and he said that he has "naturally" low blood sugar so he carries it around all day. He also said that "everything out there is hype, just eat high protein, workout smart, have fun with it, and give it time" he said he'd been training his arms for years. He wasn't arrogant at all. A completely down to earth nice guy.

My guess as far as the blood sugar issue is either one of two things:

1.- he does have naturally low blood sugar, which could mean that his body over secretes insulin and this is advantageous to him as he has been trianing hard, smart and getting the right nutrients at the right times to utilize insulin's anabolic abilities.

2.- "naturally" means that he shoots slin and takes advantages of its anabolic effects that way, and the sugar is a precaution, (instead of glucose tabs), to keep from going hypoglycemic.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Did he say if he works out his lower body ?

There is a guy at my gym who has a very well developed upper body and I always see him doing upper body work. He wears shorts and it is very clear that he does not work his lower body at all....I think Ashley Olsen has bigger quads than he does.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
50 reps ? That's for how many sets ?

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Ha, PPL that work out all upper look retarded! And if they did try to hit you or chase you down they would be top heavy and easily knocked down. Just be sure that while there down they never grab you and pull you down too!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Some people don't work out lower body for whatever reason, but when they have been working out for a long enough time, the misproportion looks really odd.

When I was at the gym earlier this week I saw some guy who had no back and his front delt was extremely HUGE. It looks so weird b/c it look like he had this huge tumor on his front delt. His side/rear delts were not developed at all. I'm guessing he's one of those guys who only works out the chest,biceps, and abs.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some people don't work out lower body for whatever reason, but when they have been working out for a long enough time, the misproportion looks really odd.

When I was at the gym earlier this week I saw some guy who had no back and his front delt was extremely HUGE. It looks so weird b/c it look like he had this huge tumor on his front delt. His side/rear delts were not developed at all. I'm guessing he's one of those guys who only works out the chest,biceps, and abs.
yea doesn't appear that he works legs at all. I never see him do it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can truthfully say that if I got into some huge accident and left me with the inability to work my lower body, I would quit lifting. I'd get my strength training in from sports like wall climbing or get back into skateboarding or something. I don't want to be one of those people with a big upper body and small lower body. I would much rather someone say, "You're legs are looking great!" than, "Nice delts." - Lots of dudes have nice delts, but how many have good legs?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can truthfully say that if I got into some huge accident and left me with the inability to work my lower body, I would quit lifting. I'd get my strength training in from sports like wall climbing or get back into skateboarding or something. I don't want to be one of those people with a big upper body and small lower body. I would much rather someone say, "You're legs are looking great!" than, "Nice delts." - Lots of dudes have nice delts, but how many have good legs?
that's exactly right!. I dont know if I'd quite working out, but I know one thing. I'm not the biggest dude at my gym, but I have one of the better balanced all around physiques. when I load up plates on the leg press or the squat rack, people look at me weird, becuase most people there just work upper body.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
that's exactly right!. I dont know if I'd quite working out, but I know one thing. I'm not the biggest dude at my gym, but I have one of the better balanced all around physiques. when I load up plates on the leg press or the squat rack, people look at me weird, becuase most people there just work upper body.
it's always strange how the bench is always taken but the squat rack remains empty.

i feel that my upper body actually got more developed once i added squats and deads to my routine.

TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

Awards
50 reps ? That's for how many sets ?
I have no clue I will talk to my uncle and find out I just know he would do light weights for ridiculous reps. He said it worked well but the guy gained no real strength (whats the point):fool2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats weird is this guy who air guitars on his tippy toes and head bangs pre and post exercises. I'm serious...

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Whats weird is this guy who air guitars on his tippy toes and head bangs pre and post exercises. I'm serious...
what??.....you mean you don't work out this way?
get w/the program, damit!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

I think most people at my gym think I don't work out legs. I lift on Saturday's - usually late, maybe 8pm or so.
So - very few people see me working them out.

Plus - my left knee is still giving me trouble. I can't use more than 70 lbs on the leg extension without pain. I basically do hamstring/deadlift/calf exercises for the most part.
I really don't increase the strength as fas as upper body - because I don't want to create a serious muscle imbalance in the leg area.

My legs look like crap compared to my upper body.