One reason you need to read "The way of the peacfull warrior"

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
This is one of my favorite stories from that book...be prepared to get teary eyed...

Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at Stanford Hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liza who was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her five-year-old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness. The doctor explained the situation to her little brother, and asked the boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying, "Yes, I'll do it if it will save Liza."

As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the color returning to her cheeks. Then his face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away?" Being young, the boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to give her all his blood.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
"Socrates I bet I can make you say more than two words." He held out his hand, palm up, saying."You lose"

Good book and story!

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
That's some good reading right there. Time to go book hunting. Thanks man.

Dragons fist

Awards
That first story's beutiful

How cute and awsome would that little man be. If its a true story.

D. fist

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
good story.............and i did get teary

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
That entire book is aewsome. I have read it 7 times. I have bought it probebly 7 times too as I always give it to a friend.

The second one is awesome too it is called "The
sacred journey of the peacefull warrior" I think...and there is another one called "The inner athlete" This one is required reading in a lot of College and pro locker rooms.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
One of the best series of books that I've read in my youth and I also gave every copy of it that I owned to friends, too. Funny, Throughout my life, I keep bumping into people that reference it or are currently reading it.